Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
I heard that the kd people's champs were releasing on the 21st but stores I checked with don't have them..any word?

That restock sucked. I was able to grab my lady the meteorologies. I couldnt snag a 2nd pair for myself tho

Last edited:
Yeah the previous restock was better, still I was as usual dumb late on it smh

Last edited:
It honestly kills me to hear some of these opinions no offense guys but remember when bron was putting out mediocre colorway and keeping all the good ones for himself and "friends and family"?? All the HWC's that we begged for and never got.

Now a player actually says here are a ton of colorways....all are inspired/loud/subtle whatever you want....and you are complaining about it???? Really? I love the fact that there are so many colorways that you actually have a chance at getting them. I love the PB&J's and the Precision Timings and the Halloweens (sorry not calling them texas anything). And the best part about is if i can't get one of them....i can get the other. Not like the KD IV where the best colorways to me were the Nerf's.....impossible...and the weatherman's....next to impossible.

I respect the opinions but when has more shoes in more colorways been a problem? Just seems backward for people who claim to love shoes....complain about too many shoes. I guess some people really don't want a shoe unless its hard to get....

It honestly kills me to hear some of these opinions no offense guys but remember when bron was putting out mediocre colorway and keeping all the good ones for himself and "friends and family"?? All the HWC's that we begged for and never got.

Now a player actually says here are a ton of colorways....all are inspired/loud/subtle whatever you want....and you are complaining about it???? Really? I love the fact that there are so many colorways that you actually have a chance at getting them. I love the PB&J's and the Precision Timings and the Halloweens (sorry not calling them texas anything). And the best part about is if i can't get one of them....i can get the other. Not like the KD IV where the best colorways to me were the Nerf's.....impossible...and the weatherman's....next to impossible.

I respect the opinions but when has more shoes in more colorways been a problem? Just seems backward for people who claim to love shoes....complain about too many shoes. I guess some people really don't want a shoe unless its hard to get....

I agree with you. Too many complainers. I love having choices.

Thanks kid.
I agree if people are talking about looks but in terms of performance... KD5>KD6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KD4

I CAN AGREE WITH THIS.

In my opinion the KD6 is only about 1-2 well executed c/w's away from surpassing the KD4 in terms of looks.

ALLOW ME TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY.

WEATHERMANS, ALL STAR GAME, NERFS, YOTD, N7'S, ROGUES, SCORING TITLES, EVEN ALL THE GR COLORWAYS WERE SIZZLING.

I CAN AGREE WITH THIS.
ALLOW ME TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY.

WEATHERMANS, ALL STAR GAME, NERFS, YOTD, N7'S, ROGUES, SCORING TITLES, EVEN ALL THE GR COLORWAYS WERE SIZZLING.

Lol I know everyone else was, but I'm not really a fan of all those c/w's. I love the all stars and the scoring titles, there were a few others that were cool to me. The weatherman wasn't my style and the rogues and n7s were nothing special IMO.

And as far as the too many c/w's convo, I never understood that idea even when it was brought up about the Lebron X's

When it's all said and done everyone's top 3 will be different, meaning Nike is releasing something for everyone.

Basically I buy the few that I like, and ignore the ones I don't until I forget they exist lol.

I hear what s dubl is saying and he gives valid points.

Multiple colorways is fine with me, as far as I'm concerned keep em coming. Water down the line for all I care. I'll still be here. Just a KD fan, depending on the model I'll play in them. I don't have a problem wearing them casually. As the line has progressed we've seen more and more colorways released. How many KD1's can you name? Then look at the 5... Options are always a good thing to me, but it does come at a price (literally and figuritively)

When they retro the Brons, Kobe's and KDs, it's going to be crazy. With AJ, it's a little easy. There are a few OGs then they throw in the retro+. 30 color ways, smh.

I agree choice is good. But 30 good ideas, not likely. They could've done 12-15 and done a Paris ID option and it would've been okay. The choice is in the ID not over saturating the market.

But they're batting a .1000 with the KD6 right now. Can't complain about any of the color ways so far.

Last edited:
When they retro the Brons, Kobe's and KDs, it's going to be crazy. With AJ, it's a little easy. There are a few OGs then they throw in the retro+. 30 color ways, smh.

I agree choice is good. But 30 good ideas, not likely. They could've done 12-15 and done a Paris ID option and it would've been okay. The choice is in the ID not over saturating the market.

But they're batting a .1000 with the KD6 right now. Can't complain about any of the color ways so far.

That's tough to say.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. PT's don't do much for me, but some think that's the best cw. As far as I'm concerned release them, and let those guys get them.

It'd be tough for all of us to agree on 15 CW's that should release. That's not even taking into consideration pairs he wears that don't release.

He's KD, I'm not. He should get special pairs. It's his hard work that made this signature line a reality.

And IDs present a multitude of options. Home, away, X-Mas, BHN, ASG, Aunt Pearl, N7, Texas, elites, etc are all decent tried and true normal release options. The TBs and a few other CW were over board for the 5s. No need to go overboard. If you space out the releases, it makes them more special and highly anticipated.

Right now Nike is playing darts and seeing what sticks. Their advantage is the sneaker culture that is accepting of these hyper quick strikes, raised prices, diluted sig lines (peanut butter and jelly, crabs, next well have jelly beans, milk shakes, French fries, pizzas).

Last edited:
He's KD, I'm not. He should get special pairs. It's his hard work that made this signature line a reality.

And IDs present a multitude of options. Home, away, X-Mas, BHN, ASG, Aunt Pearl, N7, Texas, elites, etc are all decent tried and true normal release options. The TBs and a few other CW were over board for the 5s. No need to go overboard. If you space out the releases, it makes them more special and highly anticipated.

Right now Nike is playing darts and seeing what sticks. Their advantage is the sneaker culture that is accepting of these hyper quick strikes, raised prices, diluted sig lines (peanut butter and jelly, crabs, next well have jelly beans, milk shakes, French fries, pizzas).

QFT

They'll be able to retro the shoes in segments, where people will be waiting a long time for a hot cw to retro (Columbia XIs).

Or as we've seen with The Glove/Shaqnosis/Shaq Attacks, the demand will be high for shoes that sat because it's a retro.

I don't really care what moments, memories or milestones they represent, I buy shoes simply for how they look.

And I don't care what the athletes feel they should have to themselves. They offer a product and I want the best variations of that product to be available to me (Although I can't think of more than 2 PEs I wished were available to me in the past year)

Sneakerheads have a hard time thinking outside of the "community" but there's no such thing as over saturating the market.

The million and one sig c/w's may not excite the enthusiast after a while but when I'm walking down the street those lackluster c/w's are what I see a ton of. Not MVPs and Weatherman 4s,

When you're trying to make a product appeal to the world, all 30 of those c/w's are necessary...just not for me.

KD, Bron, Kobe, those guys are always going to get stuff that's not accessible to the general public. That doesn't mean people wouldn't want it. I'd love a pair of that sour patch kd VI. That PE market is doing well....

ID's don't do anything for me, I own 1 pair- Xmas Kobe IV. I'm not knocking it, It's just not for me. I'd much rather have something he wore or ties into his story/line.

I don't think the V was overboard, I see them all the time. I'm in Milwaukee, not a major market. A bunch of High School teams around me were wearing the TB colorways. I didn't buy any of them, they didn't do anything for me.

I like having the option of choosing between colorways. I think that's what makes the KD line, the KD line. Shoes that tie into his story.

At the end of the day, Nike is trying to move numbers. It's all about the bottom line.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Are y'all saying the orange/black/green pair is the Texas/Longhorns color way for this year?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Are y'all saying the orange/black/green pair is the Texas/Longhorns color way for this year?

Yes but its meannt more so for the "texas night sky" that KD said it reminds him of from his days in texas or something. Its obviously not a longjorn colorway but yes its the texas pair .... referred to here as "Halloweens"

Thanks for the info. Whelp that's disappointing. I has expecting more of a longhorns color way. I live in Texas and that shoe does not remind me of our nights lol. I like the shoe and will most likely buy. But I feel as if they dropped the ball on the concept.

Back
Top Bottom