OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

What's wrong with white socks on black shoes? I wear white socks with most of my basketball shoes, the black/white combo gives me that retro feel. I dunno if that's just me though :rolleyes

Last edited:
Just cause you can pick up a basketball dribble it shoot it have nice form doesnt mean you can PLAY basketball. Thats like kid you went to high school with yall get together and he's telling his hoop dreams from back in the day and you know all along he sat the bench all year. Just cause you play dont mean you can play. You probably had someone take that picture just so you could post it to instagram and tag it with all kinda sneaker hashtags

PS- killin me with those white socks
sick.gif
 ... whenever I see this dudes posts I can never take him serious, ever since I seen his avy of him licking the sole of his shoe like a dumb...
1) Slap yourself
2) Slap yourself
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2

Last edited:
What's wrong with white socks on black shoes? I wear white socks with most of my basketball shoes, the black/white combo gives me that retro feel. I dunno if that's just me though :rolleyes

just learned today that matching socks makes you a clown and white socks are tacky. now ill be subconscious whenever i put on socks >:

just learned today that matching socks makes you a clown and white socks are tacky. now ill be subconscious whenever i put on socks
mad.gif
When I think of matching socks its more like those 2 easter sock pictures. Its one thing if your on the court on a TEAM (not playing pick up) and match your socks to your team colors. But if you just wearing everyday clothes and matching your socks to your outfit instead of just wearing white socks or black socks thats DTM. matching Kobe elite socks to the shoes to complete the shozoku is DTM

Of course I got info on the 3 upcoming kd elites... Kobe elites are sort of more "limited" than the 3 which isnt really saying much.

Sock choice depends on the shoe. Form fitting shoes like kobes are best worn with not so thick socks like the 3 pack dri fit crews...
I like my Js with elites... Adds a bit cushion and fills up all the empty space inside the shoe.

Cannot wait for April.

More colorways coming with interesting colorways throughout july and august. October too. Pace yourselves people.

I think plain elites look good. Blue with blue shoes, red with red. I can understand that. (black is king)
But those ridiculous multi colored childish socks that go for $80? :smh: :x
If you're not 5... Stop it.

just learned today that matching socks makes you a clown and white socks are tacky. now ill be subconscious whenever i put on socks >:

When I think of matching socks its more like those 2 easter sock pictures. Its one thing if your on the court on a TEAM (not playing pick up) and match your socks to your team colors. But if you just wearing everyday clothes and matching your socks to your outfit instead of just wearing white socks or black socks thats DTM. matching Kobe elite socks to the shoes to complete the shozoku is DTM

as already stated... im a clown then. i dont mind mixing it up and i definitely wear my USA shorts with my socks and shoes when I play ball. Doing too much? Not really. Just enjoying what I pay for.

Last edited:
Of course I got info on the 3 upcoming kd elites... Kobe elites are sort of more "limited" than the 3 which isnt really saying much.

Sock choice depends on the shoe. Form fitting shoes like kobes are best worn with not so thick socks like the 3 pack dri fit crews...
I like my Js with elites... Adds a bit cushion and fills up all the empty space inside the shoe.

Cannot wait for April.

More colorways coming with interesting colorways throughout july and august. October too. Pace yourselves people.

Are they gonna milk this shoe model too? Looking forward to the TB colorways, hopefully some solid uppers :smokin

Idk.about the retro feel but exactly. I'm 21 and most people around my age or even older wear crew socks to hoop. Most people I know who wear quarters or no shows are in their 30s but regardless to each his own and don't give a f what others gotta say about your style.

Of course I got info on the 3 upcoming kd elites... Kobe elites are sort of more "limited" than the 3 which isnt really .

Then post lol but in the kd thread because its kind of dead.

I wanted the matching elite easter socks but not for $40 though I barely want to spend $16. My parents are crazy they buy my little brother like 5 elite every few months and don't think it's nothing wrong with it I'm like wtf especially after he constantly puts holes in them.

Then post lol but in the kd thread because its kind of dead.

I wanted the matching elite easter socks but not for $40 though I barely want to spend $16. My parents are crazy they buy my little brother like 5 elite every few months and don't think it's nothing wrong with it I'm like wtf especially after he constantly puts holes in them.

He needs to cut his toenails cause those socks are thick as fuuuu

Cannot wait for April.

Question Kobeoverbron, is that listing of Kobe VII's releasing in April a mistake? Did they mean to say Kobe VIII?

..my 180 on the Elites is now complete, I am now in love with them, shake my damn head..

Niketalk critiquing socks has made me so self conscious, that I have been hooping in jeans since January this year.

Now you don't know what socks I wear, YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

nothing wrong with white socks and black shoes, but this guy is wearing white/red/YELLOW socks with black/red shoes and blue and orange shorts.

i'm not saying everything has to match, but there's way too much going on there.

nothing wrong with white socks and black shoes, but this guy is wearing white/red/YELLOW socks with black/red shoes and blue and orange shorts.

i'm not saying everything has to match, but there's way too much going on there.

I'm just replying about the white socks comment. I'm not defending that multi-colored socks, but I do agree that there's too much going on. Either way, just let them wear what they want just as you would wear what you want. :D

:lol: so we're clowning on what socks we wear with which shoes and shorts on the court? When did basketball become a fashion show? All that should matter is your game.

on a happier note: just copped these over the weekend.

Now all i need are the pythons and Christmas lights

Last edited:
Either way, just let them wear what they want just as you would wear what you want. :D

THIS.

People are gonna wear what they wanna wear. It's their own money, let them spend it on what they like.

Just because it doesn't fit your personal example of "style" or "taste" doesn't make them wrong and you right.

Everybody's different...and that's a GOOD thing.

Now please, back to the Kobe 8...this isn't the WDYWT thread...

Last edited:
Did I just read $40 for a pair of socks?

I guess I'm crazy too for spending 40 on a pair of laces (freegums 9 print hand done) but socks are mass produced....$40?

Back
Top Bottom