OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

FTL couldn't find any blue corals in my size doing the stock locate |I. Guess it's time to hit up ebay. Hopefully i can find a decent price

So I came home to my Easters from NDC all excited. Pull them out and first thing I see....
:smh: :smh: :x

Didn't know Kobe's came with a side of glue goop. How does this make it past QC!? Honestly more than an inch and half an inch thick!
They're not hand made one by one. Mistakes happen.

Its been a great Bday month (march)

Got some (personal) Grails been meaning to pick up for years....and my first Kobe VIII's. I just need my Dang PURPLEEE FADESSS and BLACK GOLD PURPLE PE'S and I can get caught up with you guys on the ones I like.

notable mentions for birthday month (very very nice tax refund) 

AJ3 WC 88

AJ5 RAGING BULL PACK

AJ6 LAKERS

AJ7 BORDEAUX

AJ11 BRED

AJ13 HE GOT GAME
Nice man, still on the hunt for the Carpe Diem's in a size 11 for a reasonable price.

So I came home to my Easters from NDC all excited. Pull them out and first thing I see....
mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

Didn't know Kobe's came with a side of glue goop. How does this make it past QC!? Honestly more than an inch and half an inch thick!

The shoe itself though is
smokin.gif
. I had to bust out the blow dryer and tweezer to peel this crap off. I also have another pair on the way so I wasn't too mad
happy.gif
That is nuts my friend! Glad you pulled a MacGyver!

Question that I tried searching for but didn't find any answers, and the dude at Foot Locker couldn't answer cause he didn't know:

Anyone know what the difference is and/or what some of the heels of the 8's have the KB symbol and why some have the two vertical lines?

I've always wondered but have never found an answer.

Thanks

mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

smokin.gif
. I had to bust out the blow dryer and tweezer to peel this crap off. I also have another pair on the way so I wasn't too mad
happy.gif
Most factories in China pay their workers based on how many shoes are produced not so much emphasis on High meticulous quality control. We have the benefit of checking them closely, the workers have like 20-30 seconds and believe me, they think a side of glue goop is minor compared to a rip in the EM or the color is way off. If the QC is meticulous the way we want it, the shoes' cost would be exponentially higher than $140+ taxes.

That's the way of the world these days.

But I feel your pain too bro, there's some glue on the purple shozoku on my pair.

Last edited:
mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

smokin.gif
happy.gif
Most factories in China pay their workers based on how many shoes are produced not so much emphasis on High meticulous quality control. We have the benefit of checking them closely, the workers have like 20-30 seconds and believe me, they think a side of glue goop is minor compared to a rip in the EM or the color is way off. If the QC is meticulous the way we want it, the shoes' cost would be exponentially higher than $140+ taxes.

That's the way of the world these days.

:smh: :smh: :x

The shoe itself though is :smokin. I had to bust out the blow dryer and tweezer to peel this crap off. I also have another pair on the way so I wasn't too mad :D.

Ouch

Random QC is done and sometimes minor things are just accepted, which is actually sad considering, how much money needs to be paid!

Its been a great Bday month (march)

Got some (personal) Grails been meaning to pick up for years....and my first Kobe VIII's. I just need my Dang PURPLEEE FADESSS and BLACK GOLD PURPLE PE'S and I can get caught up with you guys on the ones I like.

notable mentions for birthday month (very very nice tax refund) 

AJ3 WC 88

AJ5 RAGING BULL PACK

AJ6 LAKERS

AJ7 BORDEAUX

AJ11 BRED

AJ13 HE GOT GAME
Nice man, still on the hunt for the Carpe Diem's in a size 11 for a reasonable price.
I searched and searched and searched till I found BS for 240 and Carpes for 220.. only shoe I will ever pay over 3-400 are the AJ Carmine 6s if they had icy sole ha.

Question that I tried searching for but didn't find any answers, and the dude at Foot Locker couldn't answer cause he didn't know:

Anyone know what the difference is and/or what some of the heels of the 8's have the KB symbol and why some have the two vertical lines?

I've always wondered but have never found an answer.

Thanks
unsure,,, nike prolly decided to c if the ones with the fangs (2 lines) would get people to drop $15 extra to purchase the socks to complete logo

So anybody here got any word on the possible release date for the grey/purp inlines or assists? w/e they're called.. Nike had already confirmed the date for the Easters a cpl months before, but so far, the only future release that's been confirmed is the elites.

A reseller is offering $180 for a size 12 on Easters. Should I pull the trigger!? Lol

If he's at $180 he'll get rid of them for $170....I bet he really wanted $250 and now just "wants them gone"...the $10 isn't much but it's just the principle lol

unsure,,, nike prolly decided to c if the ones with the fangs (2 lines) would get people to drop $15 extra to purchase the socks to complete logo
ohhhhh they are calling those "fangs?"

I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I haven't seen the socks. I just noticed my Sulfurs and Christmas had the "fangs" and my easters have the KB symbol and couldn't figure it out. I honestly thought I'd gotten fakes at first.

If he's at $180 he'll get rid of them for $170....I bet he really wanted $250 and now just "wants them gone"...the $10 isn't much but it's just the principle lol
lol depends on the person, i seen 2 guys arguing over $5 for KD V aunt pearls 
roll.gif
 i was like over $5 though... XD

ohhhhh they are calling those "fangs?"

I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I haven't seen the socks. I just noticed my Sulfurs and Christmas had the "fangs" and my easters have the KB symbol and couldn't figure it out. I honestly thought I'd gotten fakes at first.

I bet this crazy shozuku word comes up if you were to just type "lines on back of kobe shoe" into google....now all you gotta do is look up that odd shozuku word that keeps popping up [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Talking to original poster

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom