OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I think some foot locker employees don't know how to, or don't, stock locate correctly. Employee told me no size 12 in python or sulfur anywhere.

Going to Toronto next week hope I can find a pair of each.

Last edited:

My shirt came in today that I ordered to match the Easters

Got the same shirt yesterday.

i freaking sprained my ankle wearing the kobe 8s for the first time... i just got them today too!!! i landed on someones foot!! gahhh!!!!!

i freaking sprained my ankle wearing the kobe 8s for the first time... i just got them today too!!! i landed on someones foot!! gahhh!!!!!

shoulda been wearing knee highs... everyone knows low top Kobes arent for ball :smh:

Don't like these elites one bit. Who ever wants my pair can have them, they will be on a shelf on the 26th so enjoy.

You get "Jalen Rosed"? Tough break bro, but even if you weren't in low cuts could still have happened so don't let this scare you.

Last edited:
You get "Jalen Rosed"? Tough break bro, but even if you weren't in low cuts could still have happened so don't let this scare you.
funny thing is. i was jalen rosed by my own teammate when i went up for the rebound i ended up landing on his foot. i heard a tear in my ankle, i have no idea how severe it is as this is my first ankle sprain. anyways it doesn't seem too bad, i can still walk and stuff, but getting my ankle sprained wearing my first pair of kobe 8s 
mean.gif

I'm a little bit worried about the durability of the elites. Do you guys think the flywire could break if you balled in them? I mean I just think if they got stepped on once the wires could snap. :\
I play outdoor ball in my hyperdunk 2012 + with exposed flywire and have gotten stepped on multiple times and haven't ripped them yet. The exposed flywire is pretty durable. I'm sure the Kobe 8 elite's flywire will be the same if not stronger.

elites are dope to me.... price is way too high.

same here, but i'm thinking I'll get a pair of pythons or supernaturals if the local FTL/FNL haven't sold out in my size. then I can skip the elites when they come out and save $50 or so bucks.

if I'm not able to get a pair of pythons/supernaturals tomorrow somewhere locally then I guess I'll wait and buy the elites :lol: :lol: :smh:

thing is....the VII elites hit outlets, so I think these will probably have the same fate?

i would get the elite over the easter and supernatural, just like the EXTs, not feelin them at all.  kinda glad they came out wit a few CWs that i dont like cos already dropped 1k on kobe 8s.  but when those lakers CWs come out, especially the white upper, time to bust out the ol credit card again lol 

What Does flywire really do
to minimize weight and maximize support.
LMAO, you must work for nike, that answer was so vague

when flywire was introduced, it was purely to save/slash weight, it didnt provide support at first (i honestly think it still doesnt) but it does add to the fit of the shoe, its supposed to wrap around your foot when you lace it tightly, more of a personal fit

when flywire was introduced, it was purely to save/slash weight, it didnt provide support at first (i honestly think it still doesnt) but it does add to the fit of the shoe, its supposed to wrap around your foot when you lace it tightly, more of a personal fit
Wished I work for Nike. Or I'll have every cw that came out. He asked as simple question, gave him  a simple answer. what it does in real life is beyond me. 

Last edited:
:smh:

Kobe 8 people... Not a rendering of the 9s. Those pics are not the 9s.

Stay on topic.

LOL, those are "fan arts" of the Kobe IX. stahp it. :x

Flywire = nylon cables that tighten around your foot when you lace up. instead of having an entire piece
of leather for lockdown and fit that loosens up after numerous wears, flywire is designed for that same function
except that it's lighter, thinner and will provide constant fit. Flywire on the Kobe 4 (laminated) is a gimmick.
I actually believe in the dynamic flywire (exposed), feels like it's working.

yeah.. that's why I dont buy limited releases here lol but forum's raffle is better than park's camp out/buddy system/magic list. what's stadium mechanics for quick strike releases?

Stadium opens up limited releases to VIPs first before they release it to non VIPs.They also have certain requirements
for you to buy a pair to increase the possibility of selling shoes to people that ACTUALLY want them. Resellers are banned
as well.

to minimize weight and maximize support.

untrue.. flywire was always told to be supportive by nike... the og hyperdunk did pretty well... not to mention the kobe 4... only issue with the first ever package of flywire was it wasn't able to conform correctly over toe boxes and heels etc... it was too thick... and thats when 2.0 came out aka skinwire or just the general public name flywire... I dont even no what .0 their on but I.no this package of flywire is called Magwire...

if u want a Nike explanation of flywire here it is...

Innovative Flywire FitHigh tensile strength fibers sandwiched between a thin layer of TPU and a dynamic textile form an ultra light yet ultra strong composite upper...

I could go on but you get the idea...

this new magwire (loose flywire) is a dynamic support form of flywire... this isn't the place for this so I'll spare u the details... but this package version is definitely the best out of any package I've seen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom