OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

damn I woke up to the bad news... as a big fan of Kobes persona and game I am truly sad... I still wish we got a lebron and kobe in the finals match up...
add far as the shoes I got the Christmas Kobes coming in the mail and should be here by Monday...

When I ruptured my Achilles I threw everything away that I had on when it happened..Socks, draws, and even the shoes...I wonder if Kobe will do the same

I wouldn't want anything related to that moment to remind me of it either

I think if you buy the separate insert you only get heel zoom, so that's why I'm more intrigued with the superheroes...

Besides solid uppers, I was hoping that the new Elite insert would be one of the upcoming options coming soon to Nike iD

Decided to wear all my Nike Kobe's 1-8 to the gym until he returns from injury. I've got faith he'll be back my personal way of supporting it. Call it weird if you want I don't care. First day Kobe 8 BHM, forgot to rock the BHM Elite socks with them though.

Its not weird, even tho I don't like the Lakers its impossible not to respect and love Kobes game and will to fight. I thought about wearing the red camos for the first time. I wish Charlotte would have kept him.

A torn Achilles tendon no joke. You could be out anywhere from 6 months up to a year to recover and rehabilitate from that injury. Sad to say this, but it's gonna be a long minute before we see Kobe Bryant ball again.

Last edited:
question for the owners of the red suedes......do they look as ashy as the pics or are they a richer red in person?  haven't seen em in person and am in the market for some red suede joints and its either these or the pimento am1s.

Its not weird, even tho I don't like the Lakers its impossible not to respect and love Kobes game and will to fight. I thought about wearing the red camos for the first time. I wish Charlotte would have kept him.

Charlotte got Vlade...sounds like an even trade to me...:D

i thought he requested to be traded. no way he was trying to play a day in charlotte! they couldn't keep him if they tried

LOLOLOLOL Niketalk is a JOKE. My post got deleted for asking when would kobe step out of the lows, that it wasn't a good idea in the first place to wear them, and that he's a little old to be rocking a low like that anymore... hahahaha unbelievable...
indifferent.gif

LOLOLOLOL Niketalk is a JOKE. My post got deleted for asking when would kobe step out of the lows, that it wasn't a good idea in the first place to wear them, and that he's a little old to be rocking a low like that anymore... hahahaha unbelievable...
indifferent.gif
im not a kobe fan, but on their behalf..........****!!!!

&

Last edited:
i thought he requested to be traded. no way he was trying to play a day in charlotte! they couldn't keep him if they tried
He never requested it. Lakers needed to get rid of Vlade to pay Shaq and that's why they got Kobe. Plus Jerry West really liked Kobe but they didn't have an early enough draft pick to get him.

um ok? i'm not trying to knock kobe i'm just saying I saw something like this coming and hopefully this is a wake up call for him and he comes back in a new mid..

It could've happened in the Sulfurs.  It's just coincidence that he was wearing those sneakers.  I'm not going to hate on the shoe because of this as it seems ridiculous.
QFT kobe had been playing insane minutes the passed 3 games... some people need to understand though that hes been balling like this for 17 seasons putting everything he has its more amazing that hes been able to maintain this level of play at 34. it was just unavoidable, like he said he did a move he had done millions of times it wasnt the shoe it was the level he was playing at. the prior injury in ATL. I dont believe anyone else in the league has the work out ethic he has, to anyone else this would have happened sooner whether in low mid or hi tops... its kinda hard not to talk about his injury when people are relating his injury to the shoe so my apologies

um ok? i'm not trying to knock kobe i'm just saying I saw something like this coming and hopefully this is a wake up call for him and he comes back in a new mid..
jus messin wit ya chief. as i said im not the biggest fan.  just replied to ya post for all the folks tearing up on the thread.

QFT kobe had been playing insane minutes the passed 3 games... some people need to understand though that hes been balling like this for 17 seasons putting everything he has its more amazing that hes been able to maintain this level of play at 34. it was just unavoidable, like he said he did a move he had done millions of times it wasnt the shoe it was the level he was playing at. the prior injury in ATL. I dont believe anyone else in the league has the work out ethic he has, to anyone else this would have happened sooner whether in low mid or hi tops... its kinda hard not to talk about his injury when people are relating his injury to the shoe so my apologies
I understand all this but I doubt he would be getting as many tweaks and stuff in a pair where his ankles aren't so free. he's too old to be trying to do that imo you can tell on the court the way he runs in them he's definitely slowed down a tad from the old days if I was him I would of gone back to support and power a few years ago but im not kobe

It could've happened in the Sulfurs.  It's just coincidence that he was wearing those sneakers.  I'm not going to hate on the shoe because of this as it seems ridiculous.

Hopefully nobody puts blame on the Kobe 8 for this injury...age, wear and tear and not being able to rest from previous injuries contributed to this.

But I think most will just associate this particular colorway of the Elite as the one Kobe went down in.

Just like he has made other colorways famous because of his superb play, this one will go down as one with some extremely bad mojo.

Last edited:
Look I get how people want to come at a low shoe and blame it. But he's been wearing them for 5 years now (IV was more of a mid but still) and he's had a couple ankle sprains which every NBA player has once in a while and this is the first major injury around that area. I'm not blaming the shoe at all because I don't think it was the cause. I think we should look at a 17 year veteran that has played in 1291 games (not including olympics) that has played 40+ minutes the last 7 games (35+ the last 11). No player should be playing that much time night after night and it's gonna lead to area's of the body wearing down that are frequently used during the game like the ankles and knees.

Similar thing happened to Amare in New York with this coach. Played him crazy minutes and he started getting injured. Wear and tear on a players body playing to many minutes is to blame. Not a pair of shoes.

Last edited:
It was those damn elites! Last year Blake's shoes fell apart in a jump this year Kobe gets hurt

Injuries just happen and there's nothing to prevent it. When Chauncey tore his Achilles last year he was wearing high tops. That didn't seem to help. When rose and Rondo tore their ACLs they were wearing high tops. Injuries are a part of the game. Shoes have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Hopefully nobody puts blame on the Kobe 8 for this injury...age, wear and tear and not being able to rest from previous injuries contributed to this.

But I think most will just associate this particular colorway of the Elite as the one Kobe went down in.

Just like he has made other colorways famous because of his superb play, this one will go down as one with some extremely bad mojo.
Alot of people will blame the Kobe 8 shoe now. It doesn't help at all. But I noticed the color of Elite he was wearing was obviously a new one and I didn't even recognize it. I still want the Black and Gold Elites, or a Black and Grey Elite.

As much as I want too I just can't wear a kobe today. I don't want to be reminded constantly every time I look down. I woke up in the middle of the night to check the score and was elated for a win only to feel sick when I scrolled down and saw the news. As I awoke I thought it was a nightmare. As a huge fan who is from outside of Philly I followed kobe since his high school days at Lower Marion and it truely broke my heart to see this happen. He was gonna get this team to the playoffs no matter what. He's one of the few people who says something then actually takes steps to back up his talk.

Back
Top Bottom