OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

220. will be a + model.
****** I was really thinking of getting them because they are so clean now idk so many shoes this month coming up.. Kobes and roshes are killing my wallet :smh:

Last edited:
whats the story on the blk/gold elites?

havent seen anyone post pickup pics and i called a handful of stores around me n no one got em.

did they drop @ all?

Anyone know why or care to guess why June 1'st? That's 5 weeks after the other sigs elite series. And a month after the superheroes. Long waits between releases starting to be the norm for the 8's. Feels like the other sigs are getting a CW every week

You would think Nike would want to flood the market with the 8's (a really popular model) as it may be one of the last kobe sigs (while he's playing)

Anyone know why or care to guess why June 1'st? That's 5 weeks after the other sigs elite series. And a month after the superheroes. Long waits between releases starting to be the norm for the 8's. Feels like the other sigs are getting a CW every week

You would think Nike would want to flood the market with the 8's (a really popular model) as it may be one of the last kobe sigs (while he's playing)

So you want a different color way being released every week? The superhero are dropping and there is two more releases in may then you got those black elites at the beginning of June. I'm fine with them spreading them out a little

amen not everybody got da bandz to cop every week!

Still on the fence on fades, if they put out amnesties tho...

Probably because it's the Saturday before the NBA Finals begin.

Nike trying to capitalize on the Championship by releasing that Black/Gold colorway...

Plus, it helps that Nike is spacing these releases out over April/May/June...it's murder on a brotha's wallet

So you want a different color way being released every week? The superhero are dropping and there is two more releases in may then you got those black elites at the beginning of June. I'm fine with them spreading them out a little
If gradients on May 11th, what's the other May CW?

these no?

The 25th

Last edited:
Uggggghhhh. I knew they would be expensive. I'm still buying them though.

I hate how they add the Nike+ forcing you to pay more. Most people probably don't even use it. They should make the Nike+ feature optional at checkout for an extra price.

Or just wait til they go on sale.

Or just wait til they go on sale.

True I don't think people are even gonna cop because of Nike+ enabled features. Black and gold elites are to much of a GR color way.
Nike+ on the Allstars was a rape. But atleast those have a little more significance than the black/joints

I believe fuzon was asking if the price of the Xmas will top the grinches.

Only time will tell, why are u asking? Reselling?

Last edited:
I have ****** up knees so I haven't balled in years. I'm old :\ so just casual for me...

Only time I wore a pair of 8s I wore no show NBA socks and I didn't have a problem.

I do have a big problem with some lows and mids rubbing my Achilles raw if I wear no shows... All depends on the actual shoe.
i feel you

i might try NBA socks today, i think my girl got me some for my bday

Over all Xmas shoe
I'm not understanding your question... As far as hype? As far as resell value?

My personal favorite Kobe Christmas shoe is the IV IDs that were readily available to EVERYONE on NikeID.

Last edited:
[quote name="tank214" url"/t/504209/official-nike-kobe-8-system-thread-purple-gradients-5-11-tts/36330#post_17727392"]
You would think Nike would want to flood the market with the 8's (a really popular model) as it may be one of the last kobe sigs (while he's playing)[/quote]

I don't think think Nike is trying to hear that this will be his last appearance/sig... just look at this print in the paper...

I just thought I'd throw this out there... I heard a unconfirmed release date for the Venice Beach pair is May 27... take that with a grain of salt thou... (not my pic down below)

I'd be cool with every week lol. Might have a chance of a CW you really like sitting with all the options everyone has.

Just seems like other sigs are getting a lot more releases. I know I can search for actual number of gr's released between all 3 sigs but i'd rather not. I know from going into stores and seeing only a pair of sulfurs compared to at least 3 different Kd's and brons

Back
Top Bottom