OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Mind = Blown

Always thought you were a Lebron/Heat fan

You thought wrong.

I go back to Showtime, baby.

I'm ol' Skool so I've always been a fan of mid-top basketball shoes. I like Lebron's shoes....could give two shakes about the Heat or Cavs before that. Similar to Jordans. I wore them....gave less than a damn bout the Bulls. Hell, Mike won his first ring at my team's expense. Lol

For the shorts you are right, but for the jacket, that is not the one that you posted and I could not find anything on the net so far. On the photo the Shuzoku is on the back and does not have a layer on top of that, which is what you posted, also I think that the jacket on the photo is not cotton, but rather the windrunner version! Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'd say he's rocking these joints.  Purple Sole on both, platinum colorway, with the matching tongue emblem too.
2nd Favorite Colorway on the Kobe 8s for me personally.  Really hope these release sometime down the line.  The purple shorts
and hood can be found on eastbay.
Were those player exclusives?

For the shorts you are right, but for the jacket, that is not the one that you posted and I could not find anything on the net so far. On the photo the Shuzoku is on the back and does not have a layer on top of that, which is what you posted, also I think that the jacket on the photo is not cotton, but rather the windrunner version! Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're wrong.  They are the exact same shorts and hoody.  Check the picture of Kobe with his daughter recently posted by sdubl on this same page.  The back of each are identical. 

Kobe Jnr, in answering your question nobody is really sure if these will release yet.  The ones with the yellow soles drop 5/25, and hopefully these release over the summer.  Earl Clark has rocked them a lot during the season, and we keep seeing pictures of Kobe in them which is a good sign.  Only other pics I've seen since he's gone down have him rocking some kind of GR Kobe 8.  Volts, Gradients, etc. 

Last edited:

Kobe is wearing the purple Chapter One hoodie in that pic...it also cones in gray, but NDC took that one down some time ago.

Last edited:
You're wrong.  They are the exact same shorts and hoody.  Check the picture of Kobe with his daughter recently posted by sdubl on this same page.  The back of each are identical. 

Kobe Jnr, in answering your question nobody is really sure if these will release yet.  The ones with the yellow soles drop 5/25, and hopefully these release over the summer.  Earl Clark has rocked them a lot during the season, and we keep seeing pictures of Kobe in them which is a good sign.  Only other pics I've seen since he's gone down have him rocking some kind of GR Kobe 8.  Volts, Gradients, etc. 

I agree the shorts are the ones posted on the link,

but here are the two hoodies, both shown from the back:

online:

and what he wore:

looks different to me, like they have switched around the shuzoku and the other logo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited:
Judging by the writing on the wall, I would say china. Can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese writing thou(same characters I think?).

Last edited:
I wonder what the last 8 colorway will be in September that the Kobe 8 series will graduate with.  Hopefully they throw us a curve ball and announce that in September the last Kobe's will be the Amnesty's.  That will definitely make the series go out with a bang!  People say that those are PE's, yes, but so were the Playoff 8's and they got a curve ball release after we thought we would never get them when we found out the Easters being that colorway we all thought were the Playoffs.

Last edited:
Purple fades are already out, in fact I saw some stocks in a local store here in JP.

I need to see the green and black/gold elite in person before dropping cash on my

(second to the) last Kobe 8.  LOL
happy.gif

Last edited:
Just got back from the mall and was able to look at the release calendar for May from a friend at FTL. Here's what we have for this month (sorry if I'm repeating another post. Haven't been on here in a while and Kobe 8 thread moves pretty fast) The listing I'm typing up is as stated on their calendar

5/11 - KOBE 8 PURP/PLAT

5/15 - KIDS KOBE BLUE/TURQ/CITRUS (POOL PARTY)

5/25 - KOBE 8 GRY/UNI GLD

6/1 -   KOBE 8 ELITE + WHT/GOLD
Are these the GS "Pool Party"? If only they wouldve came out...

Purple fades are already out, in fact I saw some stocks in a local store here in JP.

I need to see the green and black/gold elite in person before dropping cash on my

(second to the) last Kobe 8.  LOL
happy.gif
how much do they go for over there?

Back
Top Bottom