OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

people need to stop saying the fades sold out everywhere cause my local footlocker still has a fsr.  Went to see em in person yesterday and was not surprised that they didnt sell out. THEY ARE JUST PURPLE SHOES WITH A PLATINUM CHECK AND FULL KOBE SYMBOL ON BACK. but being that this is the kobe thread they are the best shoes ever!
they didnt sell out everywhere i dont think i read anyone say that, on the contrary if you live on the east i can see these sitting unlike in the west theyre pretty scarce now, online there sold out, but if your a laker hater of course your not gonna like them but if your a laker fan youll like em just like lebron shoes are sitting at my local store. it is what it is instead of talking crap make yourselves useful and help out people that are looking for these 

Professional - if you don't like the shoes, that's cool. At that point, you don't need to be in this thread. Go post somewhere that actually peaks your interest.
Do me a favor, show me where I've stated that I do not like this shoe.

I'll wait.

None of the comments you have made in this thread reflect a positive perspective. One can infer that this shoe is just not for you by your multiple statements.

a) the design that kobeoverbron has seen was probably made before kobe was injured.

b) do you really believe that a higher top shoe will protect your achilles? The only difference between mids and highs on the achilles is that a thin piece of material will be rubbing on the very lower bit of it. I don't see how that will stop an achilles injury.

c) this whole kobe did his achilles because he wears low tops better not gain traction. if so, I can't wait for 3 years time when people are still asking if they should ball in low tops or high tops because they're worried about your achilles. It's bad enough people think that they roll their ankle because of low tops.
Kobe has consistently suffered injuries over the past few years, with ankle and foot issues being among them.

So yeah, perhaps the decision to go with a mid was made during that time, and the mediocre sales of his shoe may have been a culprit as well.

But I am sure that some of you do not want to hear that, with the expected rebuttals to follow...

I respect your opinion as well. I was just curious because I've been playing a while myself and never considered lows. I was skeptical that they performed anything like traditional basketball shoes.
I am certain the shoe may be very good for some, but just not for me, due to their being a low. I like the feeling of ankle coverage while playing, as it gives me not only more comfort, which is incredibly important, but also mids assist due to proprioception, which is something that a shoe as low as this one cannot do.

It would be cool if they made some of these in a mid cut. Since I only hoop in sneakers, that would encourage me to purchase a pair.

What do you mean by "sneakers?"

The 8s are excellent sneakers or basketball shoes that are meant to be hooped in. If you're skeptical about low tops, these actually have amazing lockdown. I've played in hi tops and mids for every shoe prior to this one and I actually feel more secure in Kobe 8s
I respect your opinion, and then what best suits you and the shape of your foot in regard to lock down and fit. However, this is not the case for me. I do not play ball in lows, and then am not comfortable in doing so. I've tried this shoe on, and then have been playing long enough to know what works for me.

Thanks, but no thanks. I am still hoping for a mid cut version.

Saw these purple fades in person yesterday, and I really don't get the hype, at all. The green superhero's are collecting dust as well, as it seems that the only people who are excited about Kobe and this shoe, are on this thread. Not dissing anyone here, but when I read some of the comments about these shoes, and then who supposedly aren't wearing of buying Jordan's anymore due to their supposed bad quality, I wonder what many of you may be smoking, perhaps too early in the morning.

Nobody is taking your comments out of context. They are exact quotes of what you have said.

And as stated before, based off of such comments, anyone that has any type of sense can infer that you don't like the shoe especially when you are insulting people that like this shoe vs jordans as if its liking jordans is a requirement these days.

You are moving the goal posts.

Point out where I've stated that do not like this shoe.

What I've said is that I'd like to see this in a mid, because I DO like the shoe. Taking my other comments out of context, does not come close to proving your point either.

Be well.

If it were a mid, wouldn't it be a different shoe?

Thus the inference that you're not a big fan of the 8, based on it being a low...?

None of the comments you have made in this thread reflect a positive perspective. One can infer that this shoe is just not for you by your multiple statements.

PREACH...........DEAD

Dont know if its posted but in the jordan restock thread for 5/25, a trusted source said kobe 8 "homes" were releasing that day too, dont know how true it is

^^^

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Hopefully I can stroll in after the 8:00am madness and cop a pair of the homes.

Last edited:
Those quotes proved nothing to be honest in regards to him not liking the shoe. Criticizing =/= not liking. Stop reaching.
I still don't get how 40 million in the u.s. + twice that in china alone is low sales for last year.
You understand how retail works right?

Last edited:
I can't believe some people still think wearing low's will result in ankle injuries. The lower your feet are to the ground the less chance of you rolling your ankle. If you're gonna roll your ankle, you're gonna roll your ankle regardless if you're wearing Kobe's or LeBron's.

Steph Curry has been wearing mids/highs since Davidson and he has a history of ankle problems.

Two of Kobe's most severe ankle injuries were caused by the fact that he was UNDERCUT by defenders causing him to come down on someone's foot (Jalen Rose) or land awkwardly because of someone sliding underneath him (Dahntay Jones)

Just wear some damn ankle braces and you'll most likely be okay.

ankles are gonna roll when they are going to roll.. lows, mids, highs.. dont matter what you wear. in this part of the world, guys grow up playing ball with flip-flops, even some really competitive pick up ball.. no ankle problems here lol 

Quite entertaining. I got tired of reading about "Where's my order/shipping confirmation?" and "order shipped" posts for the last couple pages. :tongue:

I find quite peculiar that my sulfur is still not squeaking after wearing it heavy duty (basketball, insanity etc) compared to my python and red camo (just worn casually) :rolleyes

I find quite peculiar that my sulfur is still not squeaking after wearing it heavy duty (basketball, insanity etc) compared to my python and red camo (just worn casually)
eyes.gif
i know what you mean my YOTS squeak a bit but not too much the rest of my 8s are fine, i wear em casually though but it is pretty random imo just like my 7s some developed a squeak while others didnt 

Last edited:
I always read about this squeak sound but I haven't heard it yet. I rotate my shoes daily so maybe I haven't worn them enough. I do get that suction sound every step I take. That's on every pair of 8s I have. That is annoying! Haahaa

I always read about this squeak sound but I haven't heard it yet. I rotate my shoes daily so maybe I haven't worn them enough. I do get that suction sound every step I take. That's on every pair of 8s I have. That is annoying! Haahaa
you got a different bug then ive only had that suction sound happen about 3 times 
laugh.gif

Professional - have fun with the word games. it is what it is tho. we have now established you like the shoes which is great news.

Back
Top Bottom