OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Not trying to rain on everyones parade but am I the only one on this forum who hates the mamabacurials? Just my opinion but a pink soccer cleat with Kobes name slapped on doesn't do it for me. And I hate the location of the swoosh. They did that with the Brons and hyperdunks
sick.gif

...again, just my opinion. Don't attack me rofl.

Last edited:
Getting in my fades tomorrow. Thinking about busting them out for my league that starts next week, or should i wear the easters instead? I've been wearing the sulfurs since January.

Last edited:
Not trying to rain on everyones parade but am I the only one on this forum who hates the mamabacurials? Just my opinion but a pink soccer cleat with Kobes name slapped on doesn't do it for me. And I hate the location of the swoosh. They did that with the Brons and hyperdunks :x

no you're not the only one.

Not trying to rain on everyones parade but am I the only one on this forum who hates the mamabacurials? Just my opinion but a pink soccer cleat with Kobes name slapped on doesn't do it for me. And I hate the location of the swoosh. They did that with the Brons and hyperdunks
sick.gif

everyone has their own opinion, some people didn't like the purple gradients because it was too purple, this might be too pink for others. i personally like these and its not like we are buying a pair of soccer cleats with kobe's name on it, its a kobe 8 silhouette, if it was really the soccer cleats silhouette with kobes name on it than i wouldnt have like these lol 

The MCs are nice but I would like to see them in person to see how much that silhouette swoosh shows. That may be the deal breaker for me.

Been waiting for the mambacurial RD! Can't wait til June 7 :pimp: :pimp: I know there's gonna be ton of hype but hopefully I can cop my pair.

The MCs are nice but I would like to see them in person to see how much that silhouette swoosh shows. That may be the deal breaker for me.
i agree, that swoosh on the toe box area is the only thing that bugs me. its like they just glued it on top of the mesh upper and the front toe box piece, that thing bugs me lol.

sick.gif

if you still havent realized the mambacurials are hybrid of the kobe 8s along with the mercurial hence the name mambacurial. if you look at a picture of the mercurials you can destinguish what was taken from the cleat. being a fan of soccer (futbol) along with the mercurial line i think its an awesome hybrid/ futbol themed shoe. i didnt like the prototype pic of the kobe 8s (especially the swoosh placement cuz it did reminded me alot of a soccer cleat which i think should be looking more like a bball shoe) and i was happt the way the final product came out my 10 pairs are n counting are proof of that lmao anyways im feeling the mercurial theme on this 1 shoe lol and i can see why people would think its ugly. it is what it is, you like what you like, and thats how it should be 
glasses.gif

sick.gif

No problem with your opinion. Everyone has different tastes. I personally think the allstars are the fugliest followed by the pythons and BHM.

Getting in my fades tomorrow. Thinking about busting them out for my league that starts next week, or should i wear the easters instead? I've been wearing the sulfurs since January.
Can't go wrong with any colorway on court IMO.  The shoe is just great to hoop in.

You could wear either pair but switch out your sulfur midsoles since they are already worn in?

if you still havent realized the mambacurials are hybrid of the kobe 8s along with the mercurial hence the name mambacurial. if you look at a picture of the mercurials you can destinguish what was taken from the cleat. being a fan of soccer (futbol) along with the mercurial line i think its an awesome hybrid/ futbol themed shoe. i didnt like the prototype pic of the kobe 8s (especially the swoosh placement cuz it did reminded me alot of a soccer cleat which i think should be looking more like a bball shoe) and i was happt the way the final product came out my 10 pairs are n counting are proof of that lmao anyways im feeling the mercurial theme on this 1 shoe lol and i can see why people would think its ugly. it is what it is, you like what you like, and thats how it should be 
glasses.gif

This is why I like them really. It is a well done mixup. I wouldnt want the swoosh there on every pair, but for what these are, it fits perfect.

Love mambamercs. But I'm a huge footie fan and love the cleats.. Only makes sense to get a casual version

Last edited:
I love the MCs as I am a huge soccer and basketball fan and play both. I think it's the perfect mix of a hybrid shoe. I hope it's a GR so i can cop for retail

Just got back from footlocker in the mall by me, sd. They had every single kobe except easter xmas n bhm sitting on shelves inc. Sulfurs blue icees or whatever n purps. Valley fair for anyone in socal. I was w my homie thats in the marines, 30% discount. Had so much self control to not double up.

Just got back from footlocker in the mall by me, sd. They had every single kobe except easter xmas n bhm sitting on shelves inc. Sulfurs blue icees or whatever n purps. Valley fair for anyone in socal. I was w my homie thats in the marines, 30% discount. Had so much self control to not double up.
even the asg and exts? 

Just got a text from my FTL connect! So looks like they got their shipment for next Friday already. Can't wait.

As for the Mambacurials, looks like I'm gonna have to double up. I'm not even mad I spent what I spent on them. It's all part of the game.

As for the Mambacurials, looks like I'm gonna have to double up. I'm not even mad I spent what I spent on them. It's all part of the game.
Yeeeep... It increases your chances of doubling up when you have a pair on your feet while trying to order.... True fact

Back
Top Bottom