OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The waiting game huh. I have a feeling nike will release LAker cw at the start of the season. Wew hopefully

Yes sir. Thank You. I did a Inline mock-up. Some nice Laker CWs via iD can be made if no more are released.

In reference to that NikeID tweet on the last page, seems like they are going to remove an upper it better not be the Christmas pattern. Which do you think it will be? Graf just came but getting a lot of complaints? Pit viper pattern with the update?

In reference to that NikeID tweet on the last page, seems like they are going to remove an upper it better not be the Christmas pattern. Which do you think it will be? Graf just came but getting a lot of complaints? Pit viper pattern with the update?

Possibly.
Graffiti upper is hot garbage. We can trash it more in the iD thread.

kind of more common with nike these days

ie.
orange/grey Griffey iis
wolf grey kobe 7s
area72 hyperposites
cool grey Jordan 12 retro+
reach: kobe 8 bhm
Agreed with all except the BHM .. and i did notice the "reach" but BHM kobes are amazing IMO.

Been with this line since the Nike Zoom 2K4 (this was originally suppose to be Kobe's first sig with Nike), and I can and will say that the Kobe 8 is in the top 3 Kobe shoes including the 2K4.

2K4
KB8
KB5
KB7 (I know most hate these, but the design is beyond sick and the strong insole is nice)! Lol! Design wise top 2.
KB6
KB3

Until I get a confimed answer, I am going to say that the Milk Snake/Red Boa are the Lower Marion colorway and second best colorway.

nike adds a solid upper on NikeID, they would see some more money start pouring in. If i could I would just make amnesty pair. But we all know they dont allow you to ID exactly like a released pair. which i dont see why not, they charge more for the ID anyway, or does it take that much away from the released pair?

Now, when you guys are saying "Laker" colorways are you talking about only the white/yellow or gold/purple? I myself have always counted the concord (white/black/purple) or black/some form of yellow as Laker colorways, so going by how I look at it the Sulfur (The best colorway), would be a legit Laker colorway. Same would go for the 7's. As far as the Amnesties, if those were to release as regular "away" colorway they would have gone on sale or not sold out, but due to what is behind that colorway they would sellout, not saying they are not nice, but they are just ok and myself would not go out of my way to purchase them. Oh yeah this is coming from someone who goes for the Lakers, because of Kobe and the Heat because of D. Wade (SINCE DAY 1).

Laker colorways that have released thus far.
Sulfur
Fade

Last edited:
wanna know why they were underrated? because they were TEAM BANK. no one gave them a second look.

all of a sudden you have team bank colourways and someone claimed they were philippines exclusives so people HAD to get them. then they started showing up in the states and people were still going crazy because they're "PP's"

shoe game these days.. i just smh.

/rant
what the **** does it matter if they're TB colorways or not? We're not supposed to care about them just because they're TBs? And if we do then we must be hypebeasts?

Stop complaining. People had been wanting to see TB colorways for this shoe for a while. Long before we thought they were Philippines exclusives.

PS I could care less WHY those IV's I posted were underrated, whether it was because they were TBs or because that particular colorway never hit the US along with the rest of them. I still want to see them do a similar CW now that they're doing the TBs for this shoe. Jesus.

/rant

I believe if we are patient enough that nike will eventually release a laker colorway. Nike is just trying to get all these other colors out while the hype in the 8s are still there. They will probably start to release the laker colors during the end of the life cycle when then non-laker fans stop buying the 8s and start to save up and move on to the 9s

PS at least release the homes if not the amnesties

Last edited:
I don't get the deal with laker cw's. everyone in here is a lakers fan? and if so how many matching shoes do you need for the gear? Kobe fan for sure, but would't rock too many purple/yellow shoes, especially the ones everyone wants, they're just plain.

One thing I think not being factored into the whole "lakers colorways dont sell, or only during the season" is that the Kobe 8 is selling itself. It doesnt matter what c/w, they are selling and probably wont hit outlets unless bgrades. My 2cents.

Back
Top Bottom