OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm not trying to hate on anyone, but I don't think shoes are an "investment." Just like a car isn't an investment. If you want an investment, you should have saved all your kick money in 08' during the crash and bought NKE stock when it bottomed out at $40 a share. It got to over $100 a share and split, now the split is worth more than $70. So now your one share of NKE that you bought for $40, is now two shares worth a total of over $140.

That's why it's called the shoe "game."

anyways...count me in for the mine greys. November is another busy month
sick.gif

Easy Cop. Colors on these go together really well, and thankfully a lot of people don't like em. Should be able to walk into Champs and cop without an issue. Still need to change out those laces though.
Same. I think I'm going to put in a dark grey lace.

Same. I think I'm going to put in a dark grey lace.
Nice. I'm thinking red myself, as long as it's not too bright. I've never done it before, but I think custom red laces with purple speckling could work as well. Don't wanna pay a lot just for some laces though. Even the purple ones they come with aren't bad, just don't work for me with the swoosh and the liner also being purple.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone, but I don't think shoes are an "investment." Just like a car isn't an investment. If you want an investment, you should have saved all your kick money in 08' during the crash and bought NKE stock when it bottomed out at $40 a share. It got to over $100 a share and split, now the split is worth more than $70. So now your one share of NKE that you bought for $40, is now two shares worth a total of over $140.

anyways...count me in for the mine greys. November is another busy month :x

Right. Shoes are not investments, stocks would be the real investment here.

Funny thing is that kicks crew is making more than someone who would've bought stock in Nike (unless you invested big money). They're selling 100-$200 shoes for anywhere from 250-800. That's insane profits compared to my business in the same industry (minus that swoosh)

i don't think so. eBay prices are dropping quick. BIN are already falling under 1000 and the only people actually paying that are ones that still think this is a China exclusive. once they release here that price will tank

for example. this size 12 auction ended at $770 with $50 shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Kobe-8...8379211?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2583fff34b

yeah 770 is a steal.Nothing close to doubling his money up.PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING.

I could care less what he sells them for but yeah I do think down the road he makes a nice profit on them

As for shoes being an investment I believe they are. You can make good money on DS shoes. I don't resell but if I had some investment money I'd def look into it because there is money to be made there.

i don't think so. eBay prices are dropping quick. BIN are already falling under 1000 and the only people actually paying that are ones that still think this is a China exclusive. once they release here that price will tank

for example. this size 12 auction ended at $770 with $50 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Kobe-8...8379211?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2583fff34b
yeah 770 is a steal.Nothing close to doubling his money up.PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING.
I think he was talking about the guy who bought the WTK's for $750 not being able to double his money.

Last edited:
I haven't really liked anything lately. The mine grey's are ok, but it's been a while since I've seen a truly special colorway. I wonder if they're saving something for later, or if the line will fizzle out.

I haven't really liked anything lately. The mine grey's are ok, but it's been a while since I've seen a truly special colorway. I wonder if they're saving something for later, or if the line will fizzle out.

Yup, most feel the same. There's the Christmas 2 to look forward to and solid uppers on id. That's where my interest is

$750 on the WTK shoe is hardly an investment. That's the going rate ATM for any smart buyer who has a little patience/emails a seller on eBay. No guarantees the price goes up, this is a Kobe after all....less overall interest in the market in my opinion.

I'm excited to see the Christmas V2 - still holding out hope for the home Yellows.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom