OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

If those are the Kobe 8s I can see myself coppin some pairs pending how the colorways turn out. The yellow joints would've been nice had they made midsole black or went with a black or grey for the sole.

That upper looks like the new mesh they were talking about being implemented on the 8s. Hopefully they out fell length zoom in it, though I doubt that will happen. Looks like they will be great performance wise though.

I like those. I mean I don't like the colorway, but I can just imagine what they'd look like in other traditional colorways. They look really light and foamy, so that means they could be really comfortable like the VI's. :smokin

is it just me or does it seem like Nike targets the oversea's Asian market with kobe's shoes.   The style is something you see more of in the asian countries.   i think thats why most pairs of Kobe's sit on shelves in the US but they sell out in the Asia markets.

There are more basketball fans in asia than there are people in the US. A whole lot of them are Kobe fans in particular.

these are trash compared to that black/yellow pair, i'm getting the idea these are the VIII's...

The upper looks to be perforated. Almost as if it's a durable flyknit technology. These have me excited! I am loving the look, and from what can be seen the performance looks like it will be there! Not as close to the original photo we received as I had hoped, but they're still good.

this line has become so repetitive its ridiculous.

the whole concept of low cut and lightweight limits the hell out of colorway possibilities.

another one peice upper. big surprise there.:rolleyes guess i can look forward to more camo/pdf/all over prints. GREAT.:smh:

guess i should be somewhat glad kobes retiring after the next 2 seasons. then i can stop buyin the same damn shoe with a different number next to it.

pretty sure those ARE the kobe viii's tho. they are too similar to the lifestyle version (which are also s*** btw).

willing to bet the christmas colorway will suck AGAIN!

nike basketball 2012-13 = fail...

Those new pics look like fake shoes to me. Quality is horrible

This. Definitely look fake. Look at the last eyelet for the laces and the midsoles. Also the size of the plate on the heel and location of the signatures don't look like the ones in the yellow pair originally posted.

I thought they were going to go in a different direction after seeing the samples :rolleyes

It looks like the same damn shoe

NikeBasketball designers lack creativity :stoneface: All 3 new sigs Kobe,KD,Lebron look generic.... like they didnt even try.

waits for actual shoe.... those CAN'T be them, or more money saved.
Agreed...it's the same song each year...
only thing different, is I have your avatar hanging in my office now!....wooooo!

Digi-Camo PDF? :lol: :x Two of the prints I despise from the VI and VII. If the official VIIIs are just that print across the board then Nike isn't gonna get a lot of my money on the Kobes. I'll mess with a totally blacked-out pair though.

Am I the only one that is excited for these? :rolleyes I'm not really big in the aesthetics of the shoe, what's important to me is the performance. Just give me a much improved kobe vi ( lighter, much better heel lockdown and better fit if it is even possible), then I'll be all over the 8s.

ps

no interchangeable insoles crap nike. please :smh:

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but the insider liner / ankle cushioning looks frail compared to the VIIs, I suspect a lot of people are gonna have blisters...
Kobe is getting the ELITE treatment on his kicks again next year as part of the Nike Basketball Elite 2013 playoff pack: http://counterkicks.com/2012/10/leb...-post-season-nike-shoes-and-kevin-durant-too/

There will be two versions: Nike Kobe VIII System Elite and Kobe VIII System Elite+ (the Plus enabled and higher priced model)...
Can you confirm the newest pics posted so far are indeed the Kobe VIIIs?

Back
Top Bottom