OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Am I the only one that is excited for these? :rolleyes I'm not really big in the aesthetics of the shoe, what's important to me is the performance. Just give me a much improved kobe vi ( lighter, much better heel lockdown and better fit if it is even possible), then I'll be all over the 8s.
ps
no interchangeable insoles crap nike. please :smh:

Oh I am definitely excited. Whether these are the lifestyles or the on court version, I'm ready. I like the look and I am hoping the comfort of the shoe is topnotch and has improved from the VII.

Kobe is getting the ELITE treatment on his kicks again next year as part of the Nike Basketball Elite 2013 playoff pack: http://counterkicks.com/2012/10/leb...-post-season-nike-shoes-and-kevin-durant-too/
There will be two versions: Nike Kobe VIII System Elite and Kobe VIII System Elite+ (the Plus enabled and higher priced model)...

I am a bit annoyed that they are doing Elites again, but I guess Nike feels they can make enough money off of them. I still believe that rather than making an 'Elite' shoe they should make the initial release as high quality as possible, and people looking for lower cost options can go with a hyperdunk low.

I'm not going to lie though, I am interested to see what they do with the Elite series this year.:nerd:

I'm feeling the 'Venice' Beach colorway.
laugh.gif

LL

They shoulda did these though.

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-VI-Venice-Beach-Customs-1.jpg

I'm positive the ones posted above are not the 8s.

I hope the people who don't read and come post later on in the thread don't think that those are the 8s. It will be the Lebron X + or $180 version confusion all over again.. :smh:

Last edited:
I'll wait for the official pics and real shoes. Over the years, you see so many people hate them early on but they buy up the limited ones.

I hope the people who don't read and come post later on in the thread don't think that those are the 8s. It will be the Lebron X confusion all over again..
mean.gif
The pics that were in the initial Lebron X thread were just fakes of the X's, so there wasn't really anything different except toe box shape

And from above, these have a nice toe box shape as is, so I'm I'm sure Nike will **** up the real version (if these are indeed fake) by putting that terrible banana toe box on it like they always do for their non-leather performance shoes

REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN JUST TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
IT'S A VIOLATION SINCE YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

I hope the people who don't read and come post later on in the thread don't think that those are the 8s. It will be the Lebron X confusion all over again..
mean.gif
I agree. Even if it is the same design, the final product will definitely be slimmer and sleeker.

Apparently, I am the only person who likes this shoe thus far. . . That said I never buy into the early images of shoes, because it always speculation. 

I guess these are ok, I really wanted the regular swoosh with the long swoosh on the other side but oh well. Please Nike don't put that camo print on every shoe.

I'm excited for these. I love the upper (maybe not that color scheme), but these have what appears to be my favorite qualities in a ball shoe:

- Light, breathable, pliable upper (fairly impervious to creases)
- Low to the group
- Zoom Air in the forefoot
- Low-top

Performance shoe. I was in love with the V because it had these qualities..

I like the Kobe line because it pushes limits.. It evolves.. Noticeable evolution.

III: Web support
IV: First generation Flywire
V: Second generaiton Flywire (skin wire)
VI: Third generation Flywire (scale wire)
VII: Not much improvement here (scale wire)
VIII: perforated, durable Flyknit upper (engineered for basketball?)

My take on things, and obviously my tech lingo, but all the same I'm excited for the progression of the line and excited for this model!

^It's engineered mesh, not flyknit.

This is what I am excited about. The Engineered mesh should be breathable, light and durable. I don't know if the whole upper will be the mesh or just inserts. But I think the Kobe 8 will trump the kobe VII in sales. Now that KD has gone to a mid if you want a "top of the line" performance low-top basketball shoe....the Kobe 8 is going to be at the top of most lists. Last year when I was looking for a solid basketball shoe the KD IV stood out for the design and the low price point. But being a PG....the Kobe 8 looks like the winner already. Unless there is a solid hyperfuse low competitor or another zoom based low to the ground shoe.

But only on niketalk can some one say "The quality is horrible" about a shoe no one has actually tried on and used. The shoes look good to me at least the black and yellow version. Kicksonfire is calling them the Kobe 8 as well so maybe this is actually them after all.

So those fakes are they the lifestyle or basketball version?

This is all very confusing but they look sick! And should be performance beasts! Although we said the same about the 7s haha.

WOW SOMEBODY PLEASE STEP IN HERE AND TELL US THESE ARE NOT THE KOBE VIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do they go from the samples on the first page to this crap? The nike check at the front of the shoe was awesome and the overall design looked awesome! Those look absolutely terrible!!!

they only thing i really i have to say PLZ nike do not use that pattern of the upper with 10 different CWs it look fine on the yellow n black but from those other pic of CWs i dnt like it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom