OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I don't have anything against these major companies like Nike/JB/etc. creating demand for their product the way they do because their bottom line is to make money. But I think a lot of the people who have been doing this for a long time (not necessarily myself but I've been around since roughly 97-98 and really started buying when I graduated college in 07) have left or are on their way out. People who can actually afford to do this won't be around when the bubble bursts - they've been alienated because of the measures you have to go to in order to get anything these days. All the hypebeasts can't sustain the machine for more than a few years and they'll move onto the next big thing like they always do.

At least that's what I hope happens.

you also have to think though.. these shoes are only selling like this because of the limited-ness along with hypebeast-ness.
Nike and JB has been the GR route and what happens.. shoes sit and then go to outlets... and from outlets to places like ross ..
The fans win. but Nike loses when stuff like that happens...

I think it would make more sense to people if you thought in terms of food.
I can make 15 cakes.. If I sell 10, i have 5 cakes sitting in the window waiting to be sold, but no one wants them. I just wasted material and money for the cake. and now it expires so i ahve to throw it out for the rats to eat it (Ross/ Marshalls. other outlet type stores)

But if I make 5 cakes. and i have 10 people who want them.. then bam im not wasting money and I am in high demand.

You also have to remember. Nike Bball divison is a low percentage of sales compared to their running and Sports wear.

They're not going to make 50,000 pairs of WTKs just for 30,000 to be bought..

If you're asking why they make GR's so plentiful. (in the Kobe 8's defense it's been selling damn well, better than ive seen any other kobe)

GR's arent as risky with their simple designs. a mom or dad shopping for a shoe for their kids will see that and see a simple cw and probably still buy it.

Mom and dad see WTK. and will probably be like WTF is this..

I don't have anything against these major companies like Nike/JB/etc. creating demand for their product the way they do because their bottom line is to make money. But I think a lot of the people who have been doing this for a long time (not necessarily myself but I've been around since roughly 97-98 and really started buying when I graduated college in 07) have left or are on their way out. People who can actually afford to do this won't be around when the bubble bursts - they've been alienated because of the measures you have to go to in order to get anything these days. All the hypebeasts can't sustain the machine for more than a few years and they'll move onto the next big thing like they always do.

At least that's what I hope happens.

Couldn't agree more, although I believe "hypebeasts" have always and will always be around. The main difference is hypebeasts have even more means than ever to feed their appetite with all the social media, Al Gore's WWW, and technology in their hands whenever and wherever they want it.

As I discussed with another longtime NTer and sneaker freak, this signifies the beginning of the end for me because I have no interest in competing with many of these kids and youth who are into "it" for mostly the wrong reasons. If they love the player, the game, the shoes, and or any of the history behind it- Great. Truth is, most of em don't really care- most of them are pretty concerned about what their friends think and will be on to the next before they can even put an ounce of wear into their kicks. Their $ ( or their parents or whoever supports them), so their choice. I just refuse to keep getting all jammed up about not being able to "compete" with it. Waste of time, and in every respect, there are much more important things in life. I am not going to sweat it if some dork has a better program than another or someone has outprogrammed another programmer. Not my deal- more a game than ever before- I am good- Zero Salt

I wouldnt be surprised to see a tweet from nike saying "some of this season's hottest footwear is back in limited quantities" or however they word it

idk when but theyll show up again (i hope)

Pic before work the temptation was super real..saw my size too [emoji]128553[/emoji]

Gone are the days where you can buy a sneaker without sacrificing time, sleep, money, work. Struck out...ah wells.

I always hear people talk about the sneaker bubble ending...its never ending. People leave the game, more get in, it won't end.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a tweet from nike saying "some of this season's hottest footwear is back in limited quantities" or however they word it

idk when but theyll show up again (i hope)

the same people that got pairs today will get pairs on the restock. nike is so funny because they have been known to cancel orders if you already got them on the 1st release (people were cancelled for the black/red XIs that purchased on the 1st random restock) but haven't done it much.

Saw this in the outlet thread, may help ease some of the SALT levels.  9 hours ago...

"Nike Citadel will have Blue Coral Kobe 8s tomorrow.. $109.99

Phone orders accepted"

Back
Top Bottom