OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Just did a lace swap, kinda like it. What do you guys think?

15 is the worst though...they never make all-stars, BHMs, and other special kicks in that size. Yet they release a few across the pond, which all end up on eBay for a stack
mean.gif

And hell yeah Kobe wears a 14, which only makes it worse when he wears something exclusive because they would fit me!

15 is the worst though...they never make all-stars, BHMs, and other special kicks in that size. Yet they release a few across the pond, which all end up on eBay for a stack :smh:

I know what you mean.

I would've tried for a pair of the LeBron XI BHM, but I need those in a 15.

Guess Nike didn't want my money... Wait, has that ever been said before? :rofl:

Thankfully I can make a 14 work in the XIs, but I prefer a 15. People *****ing and moaning about prices on the Agassi hot lavas, I had to pay over $200 for a size 14. And those SC Megatron trainers...good god.

That's why I have nearly 30 pairs of the kobe 8. They are an absolutely TTS shoe. 14 fits perfectly.

Thankfully I can make a 14 work in the XIs, but I prefer a 15. People *****ing and moaning about prices on the Agassi hot lavas, I had to pay over $200 for a size 14. And those SC Megatron trainers...good god.

That's why I have nearly 30 pairs of the kobe 8. They are an absolutely TTS shoe. 14 fits perfectly.

Know what you mean...

Was lucky to get one of the 5 :lol: pairs of size 14 in those CJ SCII Trainers.

But if I try to squeeze into a sz 14 in the LeBron XIs, my pinky toes feel like his looks...

That's why I love the Kobe line. Great styling, excellent comfort/performance (minus the VIIs) and consistent sizing throughout the years (again, minus the VIIs).

Probably sitting on 50 or so Kobes since the IIs.

Earldagoat, nice sparks, where you get them? And Chinese New Year was Friday and I'm assuming you're tying the honor of Chinese new year to the sparks being an Asia release only.

Earldagoat, nice sparks, where you get them? And Chinese New Year was Friday and I'm assuming you're tying the honor of Chinese new year to the sparks being an Asia release only.
Yeauh I was a day late and a dollar short, so the "in honor" had both to do with the date not being spot on and the Fireworks/Sparks being an Asia only release.  I actually got insanely lucky with the Fireworks.  Right as they released I just so happened to have a wicked cool old friend in the neighboring area on a business trip.  She promised to pick up a pair for me and another for baby bro with the caveat that I'd get her from the airport and take her out to eat.  Fireworks and the Purple Gradients are hands down my two favorite colorways and it's not even close.  Inlines/Amnesties would've rounded out top 3. 

Random but has anyone else seen this poor NCAA dude's facemask?  What's it even protecting?  I'm so confused.

Kobe's mask was at least functional and made sense. 

Hmm, this picture is now making me want to rock my pair of SS.

Last edited:

Yeauh I was a day late and a dollar short, so the "in honor" had both to do with the date not being spot on and the Fireworks/Sparks being an Asia only release.  I actually got insanely lucky with the Fireworks.  Right as they released I just so happened to have a wicked cool old friend in the neighboring area on a business trip.  She promised to pick up a pair for me and another for baby bro with the caveat that I'd get her from the airport and take her out to eat.  Fireworks and the Purple Gradients are hands down my two favorite colorways and it's not even close.  Inlines/Amnesties would've rounded out top 3. 

Random but has anyone else seen this poor NCAA dude's facemask?  What's it even protecting?  I'm so confused.

Kobe's mask was at least functional and made sense. 

Hmm, this picture is now making me want to rock my pair of SS.
Looks like protective headgear for a broken jaw. Keeps the jaw in place and keeps it from moving if he takes a hit to the face unless he's just wearing it to be a hipster.

My collection. All have been worn and hooped in at least once. Recently added red boas, superhero elites and xmas SS. Looking for blue blitz.

Great collection Henry.  

Hey guys, just wanted to post an introduction type thing.  Never been a kobe sneaker guy or a sneakerhead in general I guess. Just grew up wearing Jordans cuz I loved playing in them in my great HS varsity memories-no collecting in mind, just wearing cuz I loved balling in them.  Anyways, went thru college and a few years after kind of just ignoring shoes-still watched bball all the time-went to the U of Arizona. 

Im a SoCal guy from birth pretty much but love the spurs-dont ask ha-so all my best buddies who love the lakes are loving now that Im wearing Kobes all the time, tho Im not a fan of him.  I guess it was around when the pythons came out I went into a foot locker and just tried them on for the hell of it and OMG I fell in love for how light they were and the responsiveness on the court.  Amazing shoe.  Bought em' and since then I'm pretty addicted-now I have 8 pairs of them to where I'd rarely buy a double of a shoe in my life before.  The thing that did it was, I hadn't dunked for quite a few years and yeah I was getting in better shape but c'mon Im a white guy-6 foot tall flat-used to dunk when I was like 18-but it just so coincided I was in great shape with pythons on my feet and boom just thru it down....ever since then I love the Kobe 8 more than any shoe I've ever loved-for real.  

My faves are no doubt the Purple fades-it's beautiful. Prob my fav shoe ever.  I have now 3 pairs of Purps, volts, pit vipers, my all white with black sole IDs, sulphurs, Volts, pythons, and the Christmas SS.  I missed out on the mambacurials and now they're just too much reseller wise for my size (12.5), and a few others- preludes, blitz blue, superheroes (weird all the sudden I want them).  Anyways, this shoe is badass on court and looks wise. I gotta give thanks to a lot of people on here for posting up when shoes come up again-like the sulfurs, someone posted a footlocker restock a few months ago-love the community and looking out for shoes.  

Same here, i never buy same shoe from the same line.

First bought kobe 8 milk snake and now have 5 pairs in total (milk snake, mine grey, christmas, blitz blue and christmas SS)

All bought in January 2014!!!

Now im broke :frown:

Back
Top Bottom