OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

my top 5 kobe 8s, are the (least fav to most fav) Purple Gradients, red suedes, easters, mambacurials, and allstars. still trying to get hands on the top 3 of my top 5 lol.

My SS haven't ripped but I see how they would. I was working out and noticed that the plastic upper creases sharply at the toe when flexed. It looks ugly while flexed like that but no permanent damage has set in yet

any one have info on places or websites that have any 8s under retail?

need a new basketball shoe for hooping?

thanks in advance

My top 5 are Purple Fades, BHM,  Blue Lights, Venice Beach and SS

*ones in bold i own

I don't have...

BHMs
Sparks (never made in sz 14)
black Elites
challenge reds
red/blue/green PPs
any TBs
red suede EXTs
black EXTs

sparks are a grail that will never happen, and I would pick up BHM and the black elites if the price was right. The rest I have no interest in.

Does anyone own pairs in two different sizes?  I mean .5 apart?

Wondering how a half size up lunar insert would work in the half size down -- I'm thinking you may have to trim it a little but I'm just wondering if the overall shape difference between the two would cause an issue.

Any thoughts would be great.

Any idea how to make a shoe fit wider in toe box? I put my Jordan 11 shoe tree in it already to see if I can stretch it out. Anything else?

Does anyone own pairs in two different sizes?  I mean .5 apart?

Wondering how a half size up lunar insert would work in the half size down -- I'm thinking you may have to trim it a little but I'm just wondering if the overall shape difference between the two would cause an issue.

Any thoughts would be great.
I don't have any experience with kobes, but I did mess around with some lebrons and I can tell you with certainty that putting, say-- a 10.5 insert in a 10 will work just fine. Putting the smaller insert in a bigger shoe is the problem because you get sliding. I think you should be able to pull it off with minimal modification, if any.

I don't have any experience with kobes, but I did mess around with some lebrons and I can tell you with certainty that putting, say-- a 10.5 insert in a 10 will work just fine. Putting the smaller insert in a bigger shoe is the problem because you get sliding. I think you should be able to pull it off with minimal modification, if any.
Thanks man.  Great point as well -- too large would be a problem.

Thanks man.  Great point as well -- too large would be a problem.
For the record for ***** and giggles I fit a size 15 lebron XI insert in a size 14, just bent a little at the heel and toe
glasses.gif
No discomfort.

Like a heat gun?

Do you play in yourss?  If you play in them, or even wear them for a while so that your foot heats them up quite a bit, that would be a good thing to do prior to putting in the shoe trees.
Playing in them would heat them up nice, but if you don't have the time just put them in front of a space heater or use a hair dryer. Put the shoe tree in and stretch. Repeat until happy.

For the record for ***** and giggles I fit a size 15 lebron XI insert in a size 14, just bent a little at the heel and toe
glasses.gif
No discomfort.
Haha nice! 

At worst -- I was thinking I'd need to shave a little off the toe end with what I'm dealing with.  Don't really own any power tools so I'd have to check with some neighbors or friends.  A sharp knife may do though 
laugh.gif

For the cleanest cuts, use an exacto pen knife or a safety razor. If you use the razor, put some painter's tape on one end for grip (and so you don't lose a finger).

Yeah, just pick up one of these babies...they come really in-handy for shoes with loose threads or nicks in the mid/outsole as well:

Last edited:
. Yah. I wanna ball in them. I loosened up the laces already around the toe box. And put the tree in. I'll prolly play in them tomorrow then throw it in after. Thanks

Playing in them would heat them up nice, but if you don't have the time just put them in front of a space heater or use a hair dryer. Put the shoe tree in and stretch. Repeat until happy.

Back
Top Bottom