OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Nice collect pic. I said I was done too after the purple fades but ended up gettin asg and almost copped the MCs last week. I cant quit the 8s.

Two people on the last couple pages didn't have the sulfurs on their top 5 lists. Crazy. It's the shoe that kobe wore the most in his final season as the best player in the nba so that's why it was so important I got multiples

I guess the times when you bought the shoe cuz of the special moments the player had in those shoes are few and far between these days

Agreed. Sulfurs are one of the most iconic Kobes. I tripled up but sold one recently.

Just a quick question. I wear a size 10, if I got a 9.5 or 10.5 would I be able to fit fine in both?

Two people on the last couple pages didn't have the sulfurs on their top 5 lists. Crazy. It's the shoe that kobe wore the most in his final season as the best player in the nba so that's why it was so important I got multiples

I guess the times when you bought the shoe cuz of the special moments the player had in those shoes are few and far between these days
to be fair...before we didn't have a thousand or so colorways to choose from

(a thousand if you include IDs lol)

I personally don't have, and have never wanted the Sulfurs, regardless of how many times Kobe wore it. They're decent, and I wouldn't mind someone buying em for me, but they're nothing special, unlike say the Purple Gradients or the Blitz Blues.

im still NOT ready for the 9 to come LMFAO!!!
I'm just Disappointed in how the 8's Ended.

After the Mambacurial's, from June til December...  Pathetic. 
mean.gif

I'm just Disappointed in how the 8's Ended.

After the Mambacurial's, from June til December...  Pathetic. 
mean.gif
This statement is insane and just looking to get a rise.I'll bite. Blue Blitz, Milksnake,WTK,Grafitti, and Pit Vipor are all top shelf high quality Kobe and are all not pathetic.

I'm ready for the 9 to go away. Disappointment of the year, don't like mine at all
you just don't like the traction. But comfort wise, you said they were good. Maybe the lows will change your mind.

9's just got here, I imagine it's gonna be here for the long run just like the 8's

I've yet to see a pair of EXTs in a size 14. I liked the red suedes but I'll survive without them.

I got both the red and black EXTs from Kickz (an overseas site) prior to the U.S. release date.

Ended up selling the red pair tho... still regretting it to this day since I never found another pair in a sz 14. :smh:

Last edited:
As i've said before i'll be sitting the Kobe 9 out, copping the 4 or 5 Kobe 8's I still need, and silently wait for the X's.

One random question guys. As i said a couple times in this thread im from Spain, and here people doesnt seem to understand why i wear basketball shoes just casually (like lebrons & kobes; Js are more accepted). Since Kobe 8 is one of my favourite shoes, i want to ask it here. Do people is the US wear kobe´s & brons casually too much or just only sneakerheads? Do people gets surprised of you wearing for example the purple fades with jeans? I havent seen anybody wear basketball shoes here, so just curious guys, hope its well written & the question dont bother
embarassed.gif

People wear B-Ball shoes here casually all the time. They are a big a part of style as they are function. Maybe you just need the wear the MC's more often so they think you are wearing a soccer cleat there in Spain. I would think Spain was big into B-Ball as well as Soccer. They have the second best B-Ball team in the world.

One random question guys. As i said a couple times in this thread im from Spain, and here people doesnt seem to understand why i wear basketball shoes just casually (like lebrons & kobes; Js are more accepted). Since Kobe 8 is one of my favourite shoes, i want to ask it here. Do people is the US wear kobe´s & brons casually too much or just only sneakerheads? Do people gets surprised of you wearing for example the purple fades with jeans? I havent seen anybody wear basketball shoes here, so just curious guys, hope its well written & the question dont bother
embarassed.gif
Absolutely, from regular people to celebrities. Majority of the time i'm wearing basketball shoes i'm not on or anywhere near a court. I don't know if people get surprised when they see me wear different shoes with jeans, like the fades or the TW Lebrons, but i've gotten plenty of compliments on different shoes.

you just don't like the traction. But comfort wise, you said they were good. Maybe the lows will change your mind.

9's just got here, I imagine it's gonna be here for the long run just like the 8's
yeah man, i really hope the 9s win me back. there were some more issues i posted about in the 9 thread this morning. There are quite a few things that bother me about the 9. I think in theory it was a neat idea, but sometimes its better to change one thing at a time instead of just completely going nuts like Avar did between the 8 and 9. More power to him for having the sack to do it, I just dont know that it was a good move; in my opinion it was not. By two biggest complaints are the traction and the fact that there is no reinforcment between the rubber sole and the insert. But that ankle sleeve is very restrictive as well. I know others have posted they did not notice it so I imagine it depends on how you play but for me its a no go.

More than anything my comment was just made off the initial let down I am having. I was so pumped for the 9 and it didnt come close to my expectation. I guess after the innovation of the XX8 and the great performance of the 8 I was just expecting that kind of groundbreaking to continue and I do not feel it was taken tothat level with these.

Just my .02, like I said depending on how you play everyone looks for different things

Back
Top Bottom