OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

[/IMG]

Hey don't post much here but can I get a legit check on these GC Pythons?

Yeah they are legit GC I saw that listing too. The white spot on the toe box is color matched like I did so it must be a NT member's or a lurker's pair lol

Last edited:
Would love some GC sulfurs. Nike never should have went that that stupid sock to complete the shozku gimmick to begin with.

Would love some GC sulfurs. Nike never should have went that that stupid sock to complete the shozku gimmick to begin with.
Yup they could have still. Because they did it with all the later releases anyways. Plus that sock thing never lined up correctly. I have to spend a couple minutes just to make it look right. Thats why I hate elite socks too because of that dumb line will never look straight.

NEW PICKUP! I think these may complete my Collection... besides maybe doubling up on Sulfurs one day.

Short Story: I was in the HoH Raffle for these back in June, and the manager tells me they'd start calling sometime in the afternoon on Friday "...sometime around 2pm." Next morning, I get a call that wakes me out of my sleep at like 8:15am and it's the HoH. I call back, literally less than 10 seconds after the last ring. This DB answers the phone and says that they can't hold my pair bc I didn't answer on the first ring:

I say, "But I just called you right back. Have you called anyone else?"... he says: "Well, you were the first person we called, and no we haven't called anyone else, but we're about to... it's just our policy, we can't really verify who you are." I say, "But you know it's me that called you back. I'm sure you see it's me." "Yes, your number's here on the ID, but it's just policy, sorry man." I ask for the manager and he says the exact same BS. 
mean.gif

That was my first and last raffle, and I said Eff ALL Raffles and Eff the Mambacurials. But of course when the opportunity came up to come across my Size 12's... I had to go after them.

S/O to Brad at MIDWESTSOLE.com!

These Bad Boys are BEAUTIFUL and definitely give my Purple Fades & Sulfurs a run for the Kobe 8 MVP. 
nthat.gif

Btw, passed on those Bruce 9's... HORRIBLE in Person. Just a Huge Downgrade of a Sneaker. So disappointed, bruh. SMH

Last edited:
Nice pickup, man. Love my MCs.

Totally agree on the 9s though. I didn't like them from the pics and was hoping that they'd be better in person, but IMO they weren't at all. The color looks different (worse) and the shoe just looks bulky compared to the 8s. Maybe a better CW will sway me down the road, but none of the 4 lows we've seen so far do it for me.

Last edited:

NEW PICKUP! I think these may complete my Collection... besides maybe doubling up on Sulfurs one day.

Short Story: I was in the HoH Raffle for these back in June, and the manager tells me they'd start calling sometime in the afternoon on Friday "...sometime around 2pm." Next morning, I get a call that wakes me out of my sleep at like 8:15am and it's the HoH. I call back, literally less than 10 seconds after the last ring. This DB answers the phone and says that they can't hold my pair bc I didn't answer on the first ring:

I say, "But I just called you right back. Have you called anyone else?"... he says: "Well, you were the first person we called, and no we haven't called anyone else, but we're about to... it's just our policy, we can't really verify who you are." I say, "But you know it's me that called you back. I'm sure you see it's me." "Yes, your number's here on the ID, but it's just policy, sorry man." I ask for the manager and he says the exact same BS. 
mean.gif

That was my first and last raffle, and I said Eff ALL Raffles and Eff the Mambacurials. But of course when the opportunity came up to come across my Size 12's... I had to go after them.

S/O to Brad at MIDWESTSOLE.com!

These Bad Boys are BEAUTIFUL and definitely give my Purple Fades & Sulfurs a run for the Kobe 8 MVP. 
nthat.gif

Btw, passed on those Bruce 9's... HORRIBLE in Person. Just a Huge Downgrade of a Sneaker. So disappointed, bruh. SMH
damn, same size as me.  how much did you end up paying for these?

Nice pickup, man. Love my MCs.

Totally agree on the 9s though. I didn't like them from the pics and was hoping that they'd be better in person, but IMO they weren't at all. The color looks different (worse) and the shoe just looks bulky compared to the 8s. Maybe a better CW will sway me down the road, but none of the 4 lows we've seen so far do it for me.
Thanks bro. @sogood  @LyPac  

Yea bro, there's like 3-4 different shades of yellow on that shoe and it's hella bulky looking. Not a smooth/streamlined shoe, whatsoever.

One of the things I loved about the Kobe 8's is the fact that they really remind you of a Snake. I think the 6's & 8's do the best job of getting the "Mamba" aesthetic that they're going for. The 9's have none of that. They lack detail and inspiration, IMO. No pun intended, but pun intended.

Being honest, the Elite 9's are a much better sneaker than the 9 Lows, ALL DAY... and I hate the fact that they're High! All I wanted for the Lows was for them to keep the same shoe as the Elite, but give it the Cut of the Kobe 8's... could've been a classic that way in its own right.

Like you stated, maybe a better CW can sway me down the road (never say never), but NONE of the Lows we've seen so far are even worth considering. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Ran across the WTK shirt at the outlet yesterday. Extra 40% off so it was $14.99. Here's the tag in case anyone wants to do some sort of locate. Sorry if already posted.

THIS BURNS JUST A LITTLE BIT.... not gonna lie!
[h1]Nike Kobe 8 “Fireworks” Video Review[/h1]
MARCH 30, 2014  BY SNEAKER BAR

vid-review-kobe-8-fireworks.jpg

Nike Basketball definitely should have released the Nike Kobe 8 “Fireworks”  to the states, even as a limited release. End result, no stateside release and Nike Basketball only debuted them in China as part of the Shanghai limited releases.

The summer-friendly Nike Kobe 8 featured a never before seen/used “Fireworks” graphic throughout the entire Engineered Mesh upper. The colors used on this model was Orang and Yellow with Black hits on both the Swoosh and Kobe Shozoku logo. Check out this detailed video review below and let us know where these rank amongst the Nike Kobe 8  colorways that dropped this past year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom