OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I still like the shoe, and I don't mind the pattern. I doubt it will be on more than 1 pair of shoes (or at least it shouldnt be) but the Kobe line likes to do colorways in 3s recently.

Well......... Money saved I guess, so I can't be mad at that

pretty much my sentiment. 7s and 8s have me wishing I had gotten more 4s, 5s, and 6s... They may be performance beasts but to me they look like they are trying to hard with colors and patterns/materials. Nothing terribly flashy about 4s and 5s but they were very clean... These look forced IMO.

Overall, I am disappoint.

While these will probably beast on the court, and this matters to me because I hoop in Kobes more than for casual wear, the pattern and seemingly unfinished heel isn't helping.

And since I LOVE the VII system on court, I use the play strong inserts most often, im looking forward to how the system is incorporated into the VIII, as for now...Im stacking up the VII.

Overall, I am disappoint.
While these will probably beast on the court, and this matters to me because I hoop in Kobes more than for casual wear, the pattern and seemingly unfinished heel isn't helping.
And since I LOVE the VII system on court, I use the play strong inserts most often, im looking forward to how the system is incorporated into the VIII, as for now...Im stacking up the VII.
But the 7s are trash? They are the worst performing shoe in the entire kobe line..by a wide margin.

as i said the before i like the shoe but the upper not a fan like everyone else...but im still copping regardless :wink:

That pattern needs to disappear quickly....

Co-sign..that's why I'm not a fan of the Kobe VIII yet..the STUPID PATTERN MUST GO!!!

I'm sure they will perform well..but I have never balled in a low top shoe and don't plan on it anytime soon with my ankles :rolleyes

Last edited:
Sneakernews has also confirmed these as the VIIIs. I'm jelly! I love it!

first thing that came to mind was this

:smokin

they look real comfortable actually. i know the vii were quite rough and stiff for me atleast. I'd cop in some nice colors if theyre comfy, but not feeling the red and yellow camo stuff

The 8's look mediocre looks like his off season sneaker that's sold in Asia...KD and LeBron lines > Kobe

liking the overall shape..that pattern has to go..once again I'm not a fan of the one piece uppers

but then it's too early to judge.

Doesn't seem appealing to the average sneakerhead but these will intrigue the average b-ball player! I know I am, can't wait to try these on the court :D Looks like it will be a great performer on the hardwood.

The 8's look mediocre looks like his off season sneaker that's sold in Asia...KD and LeBron lines > Kobe

Lebron sure, i think the X;s are the best looking model hes had.

KD V's are so ugly my goodness :x :x :x look like some cheap bottom of the barrel nike they sell at Khols for 49.99.

Lebron sure, i think the X;s are the best looking model hes had.
KD V's are so ugly my goodness :x :x :x look like some cheap bottom of the barrel nike they sell at Khols for 49.99.

I would respecfully disagree, the 3s are by far the best Brons. But I would say the 10s are the best Brons since Jason took over

I would respecfully disagree, the 3s are by far the best Brons. But I would say the 10s are the best Brons since Jason took over
Nah looks wise the 7 and 8's are the best LeBron's. His first shoe is decent but everything after that until the 7's are ugly as I need to read NikeTalk's rules.. You can't even wear those shoes casually because it would look stupid imo. Dude has had some extremely horrendous looking shoes.

they just need to make the upper simple. Not really feeling that pattern. If they did it like gradient coloring ala AM90 sunset pack it could look really good.

Nike has been watching comments well before the 8's, try the 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s etc. Nike isn't a new member to NT, Nike is the oldest member of NT.
Some of yall really thinking Nike JUST started browsing NT are foolish beyond belief.

Heart don't start that ish with me buddy, I wasn't commenting towards ANYTHING in relation to seniority or known occurrences. Didn't say Nike wasn't doing this previous to any shoe, I mean the site is called Nike Talk. Calm down and drink a box juice. Good day sir.
I wasn't going at you bro, my apologies if it looked like that.

Back
Top Bottom