OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Homie gotta go back to high's after this...not much you can do anymore...looking all generic and similar from the last

uh no, mids/highs are terrible IMO i cannot and wil not go back to them. absolutely no freedom when playing ball.
Lebron 8s and 9s blow the Kobe VIs and VIIs out the water. The lockdown in the 9s keep your foot in, yet your ankle still has the freedom to move.

I'm praying that those aren't official pics. I'm still saying no.

I doubt Nike would use that ugly pattern on every colourway

It's funny because I liked the new Lebrons but hated the fact that each upper was just one color, I wish they'd have done more two tone uppers. With the Kobe's I hate the two tone upper engineered mesh and wish they had stuck to one solid color instead of that pattern lol.

So since all of these pictures are of fakes, but are close look wise to the real thing....You guys think the engineered mesh would look closer to these as opposed to the recent fake pics? I kind of like how the mesh looks on these better as well as the shape. Just do away with the pattern and fix the heel and these would be sick in different colorways.

LL

So since all of these pictures are of fakes, but are close look wise to the real thing....You guys think the engineered mesh would look closer to these as opposed to the recent fake pics? I kind of like how the mesh looks on these better as well as the shape. Just do away with the pattern and fix the heel and these would be sick in different colorways.
LL

I would think that the engineered mesh looks more like this picture because the other Nike products that are releasing have texture and holes, unlike the pics of the fakes.

Engineered mesh examples on other Nike products:

http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-air-max-em-sunset-pack.html

Interested in the usual kobe colorways they use on these. Pattern is a little too much for me.

This is a great looking shoe... Glad to see that he stuck with the same basic style instead of changing up like KD did with his new release. If it aint broke dont mess with it!!!!!
Its not an issue of, if its not broke don't fix it, its a issue of if the athlete wants certain changes made to his on court shoe the changes will be made for that athlete not for the fans. KD mention that he actually hates the straps on his shoes and leo just kind of coaxed him along in agreeing for it to be of the 4 for lock-down reasons. But for kobes sake I just hope these perform well and thats all that really matters.

The pattern looks a lot like the AJ 2012 lite EV.
I want to see how they convert engineered mesh for a basketball shoe.
It's really comfortable on the pegasus 29 but I have a hard time believing that it will be able to keep that form-fitting feeling as well as containing the foot on the footbed during cuts. As well as holding up regular wear and tear.
Maybe they will put dynamic flywire to work in conjunction with the engineered mesh on the Kobe 8 Elite.
I wonder what the cushioning options will be?
The lunarlon/cushlon foam was great in the 7.
If they have full length zoom I will cop for sure.
Hopefully the tongue has some decent padding on it.

Last edited:
The pattern looks a lot like the AJ 2012 lite EV.
I want to see how they convert engineered mesh for a basketball shoe.
It's really comfortable on the pegasus 29 but I have a hard time believing that it will be able to keep that form-fitting feeling as well as containing the foot on the footbed during cuts. As well as holding up regular wear and tear.
Maybe they will put dynamic flywire to work in conjunction with the engineered mesh on the Kobe 8 Elite.
I wonder what the cushioning options will be?
The lunarlon/cushlon foam was great in the 7.
If they have full length zoom I will cop for sure.
Hopefully the tongue has some decent padding on it.

Same here. The tongue padding was very disappointing on the 7.

Nike really needs to put out official pics like now. I'm confused by all these fakes, AAA grade quality copies and the better quality pics doesn't help either.

Found these from a site selling fakes through google search
201210251195953678.jpg

201210251185471487.jpg

20121025118340882.jpg

Last edited:
^ That might be what the insoles will look like. Remember the fake VII's? They were almost dead on.

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-black-del-sol-concord-purple-1.jpg

BTW, sorry for posting fakes smh. Just an observation. If Nike wouldn't lag on pics we wouldn't have to resort to this.

Yeah it's crazy how fakes can get them so close before the official pics even leak out lol. The 8's look alright, but how they feel will be all that matters as I find I can't really hoop in hightops anymore after hooping in Kobes.

Back
Top Bottom