OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

We go through hell and back trying to get these shoes, I really wish Nike would be more considerate and make it easier on us.

Honest raffles are fine like house of hoops and local boutique shops but RSVP ******** now a days is so stupid by NT.

BEST ALL STAR KOBE'S TO DATE!!!!

ugliest SHOES ever designed,,poor Kobe,, he was wearing these

Last edited:
I think the word 'hypebeast' is getting used 'loosely' these days. Sneaker community definitely changed, but it's not solely because of 'hypebeasts'. Nike, resellers, limited editions, celebrities etc contribute to this craze in the so-called sneaker game.

Anyway, the bhm kobe 8 is def growing on me, hopefully I'd be able to pick one up online tomorrow. Goodluck to everybody :smokin

B
Pretty much. The sneaker buying world changed after the Concords and when Yeezy jumped over the jump man. I'm not sure who is to blame the player (reseller) or the game (Nike).

Blame Nike because if they did not limit certain shoes for the hype factor there would not be a resale market. For example you know the BHM Kobe will be a shoe that generates profit on the resale market because most people are going to strike out on these. If Nike made it a general release like the Sulfurs then people would have easy access and the reseller could not generate a profit. Nike loves this limited crap because of the cool factor it creates. The reseller is just exhibiting the capitalist ideal that our country is built upon.....just seizing an opportunity.

B
Blame Nike because if they did not limit certain shoes for the hype factor there would not be a resale market. For example you know the BHM Kobe will be a shoe that generates profit on the resale market because most people are going to strike out on these. If Nike made it a general release like the Sulfurs then people would have easy access and the reseller could not generate a profit. Nike loves this limited crap because of the cool factor it creates. The reseller is just exhibiting the capitalist ideal that our country is built upon.....just seizing an opportunity.

My thing is this, do any of us have actual production numbers? The most dangerous word in the sneaker culture is "limited"! Any time I hear an employee say "Dese Limited Bruh" I have the instant urge to punch a m**** f**** in the face, I digress. There's times I think the general public just associate any themed base shoe with a "limited" label. I don't blame the drug creator, I don't blame the drug dealer, I blame the drug user because without them the previous two don't exist. Opinion of course...

When do the 8s release in kids, I usually grab my son a pair everytime I scoop up a pair

Just got the call from HOH, calls are still being made so if anybody still got their fingers crossed keep an eye on your phone.

Just got my Kobe Xmas 8s in the mail and all I can say is WOW :smokin .. what was I thinking on RD smh .. I knew I should've listened to my "Uncle Rukus" :lol:

Last edited:
B

I'd say blame the consumers who feel they need everything Nike releases, because in the end its a want not a need.

man saw a bball player on campus holding a kobe system box

asked him which kobes are they, he got the BHMS and said he got it from a dude he knows. I need a store in Rhode Island...

straight fire in person.

Will try Midday tomorrow.

Pretty much. The sneaker buying world changed after the Concords and when Yeezy jumped over the jump man. I'm not sure who is to blame the player (reseller) or the game (Nike).
Feel like the game changed before that but no one is to blame. No one is saying to cop every sneaker, there will be plenty other VIII's to get. There were always "limited" colorways of shoes but now more people want them.

Back
Top Bottom