OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Nice Kicks confirmed that the ASG Kobes will be $195(w/o Sport Pack) & $280(/w Sport Pack)

I would take their word since they are recieving the shoes. I'm just wondering is there going to be a double amount of Kobes since there are two versions or will there be the same amount as KDs and Lebrons and you can just purchase the sports pack separate that day.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/02/nike-kobe-8-extraterrestrial-release-information/

Between the shoes low key looking like pizza and the $195 price tag....

So let me get this straight right here. Lebron+ no sport pack = $20 price increase. Kobe+ no sport pack = $55 price increase. Nike playing with ERRYBODY'S MONEY out here.

I haven't seen a lot of info on here about the Kobe 8 YOTS black mamba & red suede.  Both of these color ways released already over seas and personally, these are two most anticipated versions of the Kobe 8.  Specifically, I been waiting on the Red Suede joints since we first got a look at them last year.

Anyways, I have ordered both releases online from different uk sites.  I was able to cop each pair for $175-$205 (orders are filled yet so fingers crossed) but I got this feeling that something is gonna go wrong with my orders.  I find it hard to believe that these were that easy a cop, ESPECIALLY at that price.  Am I tripping?  Is my level of interest & anticipation of both these releases a minority opinion here?  Or did these releases seem to go by under the radar with low hype just because they weren't dropping here in the US? 

Any thoughtful responses will be appreciated!
I don't think people are necessarily sleeping on these. I personally got the black mamba pair during the Asia release and was more than happy with how they looked in person. I'm sure a lot of people aren't big on ordering over seas because of he possible steepened prices + expensive shipping + possible customs fees. Also with the possible release in March of the YOTS here in the states a lot of people held off on the international releases choosing to be patient for that. That release is only rumored but with FL posting a release of "Kobe 8 Multiple Colorways" on March 9th online and HOH only it is the belief this will be the YOTS release date for the states.

Yeah not sure where they're giving out tickets. I called all the stores in the 562 area and both HOHL and HOHSCP and all are FCFS. 

Pythons looking great.

I Don't regret copping the XDR version though.

i wish they really looked like this & da first pic nike posted (da white part around da middle of da swoosh & on da toe i am not crazy about that i see in actual pics of da sneaker u guys have posted who have em) but i'll probably still cop on wed. if i do it'll be my first kobe ever.

Last edited:
still don't understand why they don't have the print from the Sulfurs on ID yet?
The new snake pattern is bleh....and if you only have a few set color schemes, it's not really that "customizable"....
go figure.

Ive been seeing people say yes some no, so just want to ask again to coordinate my plan. Will pythons be swoosh discounted?

According to Nike Rep

Brandon: OK. It looks like the Kobe 8 Pythons will not have the Swoosh discount unfortunately. Sorry of the bad news on that.
INVITE ME TO YOUR SWOOSH ACCOUNT 
smokin.gif

Speaking of swoosh discounts is there a place on NikeTalk that members discuss trading their employee discounts of JJ, DTLR, FNL, FTL, Nike, etc to help get a full spectrum of discounts across the major retailers? Curious about that...

Aside from the price I think the Kobe 8 will be the least desired shoe out of the ASG pack including the NSW releases. Lol!

Most likely got the XMAS and the BHM.... think im set on the crazy colors... if i get the money ill try and get those inlines with the purple sole

I havent copped Kobe's since the Cloaks. I want the Pythons. They still do the NDC thing the same since then right? They post a link on their twitter at midnight and thats it? Or has that changed again

Broke out my BHM's for SB yesterday and was picking up food. Two hypebeast a** kids came up to me asking "where did you cop your Africa's from" I just looked at em, shook my head and walked away 
eek.gif
mean.gif

Busters...

Haha. WTH?

Back
Top Bottom