OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Ok to all my big kobe fans, I'm in a bit of a pickle...
So my girl got me the pythons as an early Vday gift, but here's the thing... I'm not sure if to return the pythons and get the Nike air max forces NSW area 72.
If you had to choose, which will you get?
I really like them both....damn. I know any true kobe fan would say stay with the pythons and I can always get the Air max forces later. Smh..

Help me out NT fam..lol

I'd stay with the python. I'm not saying this because I'm a big fan of the 8's, I'm just basing it on your situation (vday gift and you like both).

Since you like both, just go with the pythons cause its from your girl. That alone gives the python more value than the air max force IN YOUR SITUATION. Hope it helps

Found some sulfurs at a store near me... thinking of copping before I leave Florida. Back home i don't really have any stores. y'all think there might be an online restock or should I cop?

Cop.

I was in the same position, but I found a good coupon for Jimmy Jazz online and placed my order. They're really starting to dry up online and stores near me were sold out of my size.

My Sulfurs came in Saturday, and they're my 2nd fav colorway behind the Xmas.

True, thanks fam.
I actually thought about that last night, my friends were saying to get air max forces but I thought it was just bc of hype.
But then again I thought my girl did go through the struggle of getting them last Wednesday.
Thanks FAM!!
#countonkobe

I'd stay with the python. I'm not saying this because I'm a big fan of the 8's, I'm just basing it on your situation (vday gift and you like both).

Since you like both, just go with the pythons cause its from your girl. That alone gives the python more value than the air max force IN YOUR SITUATION. Hope it helps

True

But Im sure shes an understanding GF? If so then she wont mind the exchange, vday gift or not. Just talk to her about it beforehand. Whichever u go with will be from her and noone gets hurt..

Happens all the time. :D

Haha yeah I know illest35, but I think ima just stay with the pythons better. All in all it's the thought that counts. Thanks everyone!

Ok to all my big kobe fans, I'm in a bit of a pickle...
So my girl got me the pythons as an early Vday gift, but here's the thing... I'm not sure if to return the pythons and get the Nike air max forces NSW area 72.
If you had to choose, which will you get?
I really like them both....damn. I know any true kobe fan would say stay with the pythons and I can always get the Air max forces later. Smh..

Help me out NT fam..lol

You NEVER EVER NEVER return/exchange something your girl gets you...unless you don't mind upsetting her and possibly losing some "benefits" for awhile.

Keep the Pythons...apparently your girl would love to see them on you, or she wouldn't have bought em.

Plus I think they look better than the Raygun Maxes anyway.

You NEVER EVER NEVER return/exchange something your girl gets you...unless you don't mind upsetting her and possibly losing some "benefits" for awhile.

Keep the Pythons...apparently your girl would love to see them on you, or she wouldn't have bought em.

Plus I think they look better than the Raygun Maxes anyway.

Since Im Kobe all day everyday id say kobes.

BUT..Like I just said, it happens all the time.

If u have a mature gf, she will not be offended if u were to exchange for a pair of kix youd actually like and would actually wear. Like I said, If u were to get with her beforehand about switching out, itd be A Ok, rather than saying thanx hun and then a month or 2 down the line she goes in the closet and sees the gift still in the box untouched..Which would hurt more?

^^^Hey, calvin klein page 3, NOT tryin to clown or anything, but its "wear"..

AGAIN, not clowning, just seen u type it that way twice now and it bugged me thats all.

:D

And yes, with casual use there shouldnt be any wearing out of the soles.

Lol, none taken. It's the iPhone auto text. It literally screws up every other word

Take it from an old married guy, don't return the girlfriends gift. That is unless you don't plan on keeping her around or unless you don't mind catching grief for years to come. Just buy the other ones yourself, but after you get her gift.

^^^Hey, calvin klein page 3, NOT tryin to clown or anything, but its "wear"..

AGAIN, not clowning, just seen u type it that way twice now and it bugged me thats all.

:D

And yes, with casual use there shouldnt be any wearing out of the soles.

Lol, none taken. It's the iPhone auto text. It literally screws up every other word

Oic..

Its gravy, Im always like that, its a pet peeve of mine Im sure. Just cant stand to see a simple word misspelled for some reason.

I was the spelling bee champ in elementary school. :lol:

^ you will never ware out the soles with casual use. It takes actual "use" to do that and even then it'd take months at least. You'll be fine
In relation to "wear" but for bball indoors, I have used them 4 times and I am starting to see how soft the rubber is as opposed to the XDR. There's definitely signs of wear starting to show on the outside heel area, I can see the scruffing on the rubber. I'm pretty shocked that after 4 times that the rubber is starting to show wear. Perhaps it's the way I play or the way my feet rolls but all the other Kobe shoes I have still looks new. These are the Sulfurs that I am talking about. 

Has anyone else that play indoor bball notice the outside heel area showing some wear? The other areas of the shoe is fine. Perhaps I can take a few photos and upload them later. 

Last edited:

This months guys!

If you return the pair your girl got you, the decision will be last of your worries homie! Lol at least would be in my situation, I'd get the "see what happens when I try to do something nice for you..?!?" line of questioning then a death stare haha.

Updated Pg. 1
If there is anything I'm missing, just let me know. And feel free to suggest anything that needs to be added to prevent repetitive questions in this thread. May it be socks, legit websites, etc.

I also made a new poll. I'll be making one from time to time, the results might make a good discussion IMO.

I think that the pair that's releasing on March 23rd are

and not the almighty Purple Gradients.. Although if they do turn out to be the Purple Gradients I'd totally dig that lol.

Last edited:
Only keep it because it was a V-Day gift. If it was any other situation, you could return it for something you actually like. She would understand. That's why gift receipts exist.

Updated Pg. 1
If there is anything I'm missing, just let me know. And feel free to suggest anything that needs to be added to prevent repetitive questions in this thread. May it be socks, legit websites, etc.

I also made a new poll. I'll be making one from time to time, the results might make a good discussion IMO.

I'd put up sizing info, although that question hasn't plagued this thread too badly. Other than that, maybe just pics of the socks that've released with each colorway and the US/Asia release differences. Good shtuff keeping the first page updated.

and not the almighty Purple Gradients.. Although if they do turn out to be the Purple Gradients I'd totally dig that lol.
i want these....we need more pics though...and hopefully we can use that birthday coupon

Updated Pg. 1

The footlocker release sheet I saw have the "Supernaturals" releasing on 3/2, and not 3/23.

Is 3/23 the new confirmed release date?

I noticed on the FTL release calendar on the Kobe's, Mar. 2nd is the release of the Supernatural and Teal/ Yellow colorways but the following week is the Dark Atomic Teal/Electric Yellow/Atomic Teal/Grey, is this a mistake on their part? I would have thought the Teal/ Yellow on the Mar. 2nd release is the same color way as the Dark Atomic Teal/Electric Yellow/Atomic Teal/Grey?

Is FTL trying to cause confusion? Can someone clarify? Thank you, fam.

thats what i was thinking too. I just based the update on pg1 from ftl. I'll fix pg 1 once we get an official word from nike

Pythons were :smokin :smokin :smokin in person, and super comfortable, the insole kind of bothered me at first but after a couple of wears they're slowly beating the KD V when it comes to comfort

Pythons were :smokin :smokin :smokin in person, and super comfortable, the insole kind of bothered me at first but after a couple of wears they're slowly beating the KD V when it comes to comfort

Dont say that..

Anxiously waiting for the ice blues to arrive tday,( UPS cant get here fast enuff).

Im expecting them to be light and responsive and comfy etc just like the kobes.

Whats the uncomfy part on the kd's tho? Have u given them time to break in?

Back
Top Bottom