OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Wait, during that whole argument, nobody thought to google what color fiberglass was? Because the first thing that pops up is the same green on the Easters.

that's not totally accurate.

i have posted in this thread several times what color fiberglass is, and i'll post it again since many have forgotten:

pretty happy, got my pythons(114.99), and blue camos(120). might just do the same and wait til after release for the reds.... not the easters tho. need those ASAP

Yessss, Those Easters are copped, hopefully Finishline gets these so I can use my WC points that expire at the end of March.

^ ah yes. That seems to match up more with the tint used on the bottom sole rather than the pure green used in the upper. (Definitely not the purely grey/silver tone used on the upper of the supposed "inlines")

Just a reminder, here is the color description of another colorway that kobeoverbron posted a while back:

KOBE 8 SYSTEM CRT PRPL/PR PLTNM-BLCKND BL-LS 04/26/2013

if the 3/29 release are the 'easters' that will be a major buzzkill...........

need the inlines and purple gradients (maybe those arent the official names but yall know which shoes im talkin about)

All I need this month is red camos and the laker colorway (whatever the hell it ends up being) later this month.

easters have the full shozuku....

maybe thats the 10 dollar price jump.... cuz they wont be selling socks with it....

This is also "fiberglass" which has a bluer tint than the Easters or the golf polo. I'm starting to think fiberglass isn't a color, but a state of mind 
laugh.gif

Those two dudes argued for nothing. Neither of them were right.
laugh.gif
Crap, I thought it was the gray upper purple sole one since January. Thank god I scooped the Pythons or else I would have been waiting for that colorway that will never release. 

sooo many ill colorways.... i remember people were hating on this shoe when the first pics of the sulphurs came out. like hater hater mchaterfield hating. the colorways are killin it this year. well done nike. you can keep on taking my money for this comfortable piece of foot heaven.

wonder if we'll get a cloak-like colorway :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: would look amazing on the 8's

did a search on this cw. Fiberglass/Court Purple-Black-Laser Purple

Style# 555035-302  this is what came out. probably the reason for $150.
[h3][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]KOBE 8 SYSTEM[/color][/h3]
Fiberglass/Court Purple-Black-Laser Purple
Style# 555035-302
If thats whats coming out on the 29th all I have to say is
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

All that arguing on if its the purple gradients or the inlines for nothing. Now if this is the shoe thats coming out the 29th how come the purple is only mentioned, what about the other colors. I just want the purple gradients already
mean.gif

Last edited:

I'm starting to think fiberglass isn't a color, but a state of mind :lol:

:lol: My guess is that it's a grey with a green or blue hue mixed in. The color is in the description for the atomic green KD V's, and it seems to me that those soles have a similar tint. The bottom of these "Easter" pair might have that tint, but it's just not showing through the pics.

roll.gif

I had a feeling we were in store for a curveball here. The color description just made too much sense for Nike.

Props to the poster who made this connection. Hard to believe no one caught it or suggested it before!
Those two dudes argued for nothing. Neither of them were right.
laugh.gif
The guy just said he did a search on that colorway and that was a picture he found. It is from SoleAwesome, not NDC.

I've searched the colorway too and got different images.  I don't think it's the Easter colorway.  So one of those two dudes is still probably right...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom