OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

A couple of Duke players look to be rocking some fresh Kobe's in warm up right now in ESPN. Looks to be a darker Duke blue.

Passing on Easters... Prob grab the purple pair, whichever it is. Hoping its the silver upper pair to be honest. More of a Laker color to me.

Im with you on that one! If its the silver/grey upper and yellow midsole..I'm in! If its the purple fades I'll have to see it in person...

Nike needs to fix this bot problem soon. I'.m so pissed that i couldn't get the red suedes
There's still a size 9 left on http://deadstock.ca/shop/NIKE-ZOOM-KOBE-8-EXT-QS-YOTS-UNIVERSITY-RED-582554-600.html#.UTvljtGDQ1I 

Probably not your size though? 
nerd.gif

Just Copped red camos for 125.35 total with bday

Coupon..at first they didn't want to take it but

Eventually did

That's how you know nike is ****** up! The simple fact that someone created a bot, comes to show that Nike needs to handle there biz n make it simple for folks who really want these Nike products to obtain it. :smh:

That's how you know nike is ****** up! The simple fact that someone created a bot, comes to show that Nike needs to handle there biz n make it simple for folks who really want these Nike products to obtain it. :smh:
Bots or not, you won't get every pair you want through an online retailer. What Nike really needs to do is make enough supply for the demand.

picked these both up at HOH. all these new pics of red suedes are making me 2nd guess them, probably would have caved in and got em if they showed them to me

Hope everyone got what they were after today. I have been back and forth on the black EXTs and some of the pics today made me feel a little remorse. However, IMO, they look turrible on-feet. Again, just my opinion and I hope everyone came up on the pairs they wanted. Patiently awaiting the arrival of red camos and volts :smokin

I'd say today was a good day

My favorite GRs of this shoe so far.  Toss in the Volts as well.  Nike came back with a vengeance after those weak 7's.

Congrats to Nike for figuring out how to get people to go ape**** over an all black shoe.  Those are usually the shoes I look forward to catching on super clearance for $40.

Marketing geniuses.

Bots or not, you won't get every pair you want through an online retailer. What Nike really needs to do is make enough supply for the demand.
Nike like any other product base business, knows that one key to a sucsessful business, is marketing, no matter how cheap it cost to make a sneaker, it does nike no good for it to sit on the shelves.. so producing a specific amount to meet demand is not a great marketing strategy.. the mere fact of something having a limited label, drives up demand.. not just for that particular sneaker, but any other sneaker that follows it with the same limited label.. because if you miss that one, you become even more determined to get the next.. Now switch that scenario, customer knows a shoe is readily available, and can be purchased at anytime, for retail, or eventually on discount.. no buzz, no anticipation. Fact is nike makes tons of GR sneakers, and those sit on shelves and eventually end up in outlets, and discounts retailers.. however those aren't the sneakers that have teams assigned to them to create, those are not the sneakers that use top materials, and new technology, so there is a method to there madness.. however if i like a sneaker, i could care less if its, on 1 of 400 or 500k.. thats the difference i've notice in the sneaker community. people only want a sneaker if its limited, so nike caters directly to that fact.. back in the day cats just wanted to have fresh kicks, and limited kicks were sneakers that cost over $100+ (yea i'm dating myself). OG J's were readily available and guess what.. they set on shelves..

I got off this morning from work and headed straight to the mall. Footlocker opened at 8, but since I got real cool with both of the asst. managers..they let me in the mall with them around 6:45 and started pulling the shoes I wanted from the back. I already have the red suede and black snakeskin kobe's. I wanted the red camo's and was on the fence about the kobe volts (was waiting to see them in person). I figured I'll grab the volts since they were a HOH only release and I'll just try to grab the red camo through my homeboy swoosh account when I got home. I also grabbed the black snakeskin for him and 2 pair of LeBron Dolphins for co-workers. I get home and hit him up and he said the red camo's was on swoosh for $84. I told him to grabbed them..I called him later on today and he said he forgot...smh!! He got online and my sizes was sold out. I also ask about the KD5 "Hulk", Lebron 10 "Floridian", Lebron "Home". The Hulk was still regular price "so I passed", Lebron "Home" was $108 "didn't have my size", but I got the Lebron Floridian for $108!!! I got on footlocker and they still had a full size run...got my red camo's!!!!!

Hope everyone got what they were after today. I have been back and forth on the black EXTs and some of the pics today made me feel a little remorse. However, IMO, they look turrible on-feet. Again, just my opinion and I hope everyone came up on the pairs they wanted. Patiently awaiting the arrival of red camos and volts :smokin

to each their own. just curious did you like the Kobe 6 model?

I just tried to return a pair of blue camo duplicates to FTL. They will not take a return on anything that has a release date they said. That's almost 100% nike product. Scumbags :smh:

Hmm after seeing how the Volts are sitting and seeing as that they were really a consolation purchase for me since I was pissed from not getting the Black EXTs I'll just return them tomorrow along with the red camos. Lady at FTL said she'll hold me a pair when her shipment comes in on Tuesday so I'll end up saving $25 w/b'day coupon. May pick up the Blue Corals later as well.

I'm kicking myself, should have just took whatever size they had at UNKNWN and prayed for a size swap on the Black Mambas; just couldn't think after being frustrated all day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom