OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

glad I dont need those easters.... Price hike makes the kids go crazy :lol:

same boat as you fam. I will be passing on them. I prolly wont pick up another pair (unless i find a good deal on either ext) until after my 3 day vacation trip to LA in april.

Last edited:
glad I dont need those easters.... Price hike makes the kids go crazy :lol:

I like the random $10 price hike. Like Nike doesn't think these are going to be particularly successful so they didn't want to do the usual $20, but they aren't totally willing to lose out on the extra cash and charge regular retail.

Next year I expect $50 price increases on the really limited sneakers (ASG, BHM, etc.)

I like the random $10 price hike. Like Nike doesn't think these are going to be particularly successful so they didn't want to do the usual $20, but they aren't totally willing to lose out on the extra cash and charge regular retail.

Next year I expect $50 price increases on the really limited sneakers (ASG, BHM, etc.)

then every $140 pair you buy, paypal me $10 to make it $150.

why people like it when Nike does random price hikes is beyond me.... dudes must be rollin in dough.

^I'm sure Nike justifies the $10 increase because of the tri-color patttern.

Give me a bday coupon to use and I'll be cool.

Last edited:
are the lower merion VIII also gonna drop any time soon??

havent heard or seen anything... looking forward to seeing what they look like. Im almost thinking it will be a grey upper (like the pair Kobe has worn) with the team red midsole.

:smh:

every day I feel like Im one step closer to walking away from this...
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Nike is based on profit margins and these limited releases, hype and random price hikes are just examples of this. We're all guilty of feeding it. I bought $250 XX8s. Ninjas lost their minds for the Corks. They had no issue selling out the WC 88s.

I wonder how their stock is doing? Investing in it back in 2010 and selling in 2014 would've been a smart investment.

:smh:

every day I feel like Im one step closer to walking away from this...

Totally understandable.

I been buying Jordans and many other Nikes since '88...

Past 7 or 8 years have been a mixture of Kobes, LBJs and Durants...and Jordan sigs here and there.

Lately its just been Kobe 8s and a few LeBron Xs...

Things are definitely different now...

Last edited:
Totally understandable.

I been buying Jordans and other Nikes since '88...

Past 7 or 8 years have been a mixture of Kobes, LBJs and Durants.

Lately its just been Kobe 8s and a few LeBron Xs...

Things are definitely different now...

its seriously all these kids, or ballers ruining it for us. Example, the KD galaxys. Retailed for 95, being sold for $400+. Nike sees that, and $$ signs appear in their eyes. They know they can basically charge what they want, and if ___ amount of people buy, double, triple, even more will follow suit and buy too. Problem is, they dont give a **** about the real people that have been there before the madness, and some will be after it all goes away.

then every $140 pair you buy, paypal me $10 to make it $150.

why people like it when Nike does random price hikes is beyond me.... dudes must be rollin in dough.

U no sarcasm? Mmmk.

^Yeah, I remember going to buy an Air Jordan (back in the day) weeks after they released...you could walk into your local FTL and decide between the White or the Black pair...

And pay RETAIL.

Now, you need to have Skynet, Optimus Prime and Megatron to have a CHANCE to give Nike your $$$ for a pair of shoes.

And if you miss out, decide if you wanna pay a 200% markup to resellers the SAME DAY.

Nike finally decided to say, "To hell with resellers, we can charge those prices and you can give the money to us!"

Damn, I'm old.

Last edited:
^Yeah, I remember going to buy an Air Jordan (back in the day) weeks after they released...you could walk into your local FTL and decide between the White or the Black pair...

And pay RETAIL.

Now, you need to have Skynet, Optimus Prime and Megatron to have a CHANCE to give Nike your $$$ for a pair of shoes.

And if you miss out, decide if you wanna pay a 200% markup to resellers the SAME DAY.

Nike finally decided to say, "To hell with resellers, we can charge those prices and you can give the money to us!"

Damn, I'm old.

:\ things done changed.

Back
Top Bottom