OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

@ dark steel, I was reading the page and read what you said saying dont sign up if your not a contributing member, then I scrow down and you say welcome to NT lmao that was just to funny for me

But yea I get what you guys are saying for the newbs, at least before I signed up I kinda did hw on how things are here before signing up, then again I lurked for 3 yrs before signing up lol

All special edition/holidayI.E XMas/BHM/All-star shoes have $10-$20 mark-up this year and last... let's not act like this is new people...
Let's not complain over $10 either.. especially to the ones that know they are gonna cop regardless.. who are you fooling?

All special edition/holidayI.E XMas/BHM/All-star shoes have $10-$20 mark-up this year and last... let's not act like this is new people...
Let's not complain over $10 either.. especially to the ones that know they are gonna cop regardless.. who are you fooling?

naw, last year it didnt happen. previous all stars got a $5 price hike, year previous POPs got a $5 hike. Christmas, special editions were all reg retail.

Man nike does anything to make money, always come out with special edition holiday shoes, im suprised we did get a "hispanic latin" cw since some team have latin jerseys, all thats left for nike is thanksgiving and halloween shoes

its seriously all these kids, or ballers ruining it for us. Example, the KD galaxys. Retailed for 95, being sold for $400+. Nike sees that, and $$ signs appear in their eyes. They know they can basically charge what they want, and if ___ amount of people buy, double, triple, even more will follow suit and buy too. Problem is, they dont give a **** about the real people that have been there before the madness, and some will be after it all goes away.

i agree.

problem i think is the people who are there at nike making these calls, are not the people who were there before the maddness.

we live in a day and age when MAJORITY of whatever sells out on release days goes to the reseller market at consumer level

in this day and age it is no longer about standing for anything/having or caring about morals/building up a certain consumer identity, but rather making that bottom line look incredibly good at coporate level

Xmas actually weren't a mark up. That started with the BHM. And as far as I can remember the only other mark up that's happened has been all star releases, and it was $5-$10. Let's not try to retroactively change history. Selective price hiking is a new (although not totally unexpected given the secondary market) development.

@ dark steel, I was reading the page and read what you said saying dont sign up if your not a contributing member, then I scrow down and you say welcome to NT lmao that was just to funny for me

But yea I get what you guys are saying for the newbs, at least before I signed up I kinda did hw on how things are here before signing up, then again I lurked for 3 yrs before signing up lol

Hahaha...that new guy came in and made his 1st post and seems like hes a good dude...

But the timing was kinda funny tho...lol

its seriously all these kids, or ballers ruining it for us. Example, the KD galaxys. Retailed for 95, being sold for $400+. Nike sees that, and $$ signs appear in their eyes. They know they can basically charge what they want, and if ___ amount of people buy, double, triple, even more will follow suit and buy too. Problem is, they dont give a **** about the real people that have been there before the madness, and some will be after it all goes away.

Basically.

But hey, the sneaker bubble will burst eventually and things will go back to normal.

We all know why a game worn Kobe, worn by Kobe himself has more value. But now a days these kid's wear a shoe once and think that because their sweaty foot was in the shoe its now worth more? But not just a few bucks over retail but $400?? And we're starting to see this crap more often. i'm not trying to be the guy that looks down on the kids that are just now getting into this whole shoe thing because everyone has to start somewhere. In my opinion people need to understand what I think should be rule #1 . Buy what you like. Not what you think is hot, not what's popular at school not what you saw some celebrity wear on tv..... buy what YOU like. I've always been into the futuristic stuff so when foams first came out I loved em. When I got my first pair ( White/Black Foam Pro's) I was ridiculed cause many taught they looked funny or ugly etc. But i loved em so i didnt care. Same thing for the Flightposite 3's. My bro and cousin taught they were hidious. But I loved em. These kids out here just renting shoes. Buying em, wearing em once and posting pictures of them then flipping em for whatevers hot on the street....

End of ran. :D

Back to these Kobe 8's that we all love.
Oh ya and GO Lakers :D

Man nike does anything to make money, always come out with special edition holiday shoes, im suprised we did get a "hispanic latin" cw since some team have latin jerseys, all thats left for nike is thanksgiving and halloween shoes

Man, don't give Nike any ideas on how to capitalize on the NBA's "Latin Nights" theme...

You know they watchin'!

naw, last year it didnt happen. previous all stars got a $5 price hike, year previous POPs got a $5 hike. Christmas, special editions were all reg retail.

$5 is still a mark up lol

Xmas actually weren't a mark up. That started with the BHM. And as far as I can remember the only other mark up that's happened has been all star releases, and it was $5-$10. Let's not try to retroactively change history. Selective price hiking is a new (although not totally unexpected given the secondary market) development.

Xmas was $150.. that's what my receipt said.. I know supposedly Nike changed the price last minute and said you could go to the store and get your $10.. but the store were I purchased didn't acknowledge it.. so it stayed $150

D... only footlocker stores charged 150 for Christmas, check the price tag on the box... ripped off. Online and everywhere else they were only 140.

day of the dead theme? 0.o

Huge DUKE fan from the 90's so I'm copping those with out question.

And Easters at the end of the month. Has it been said that they will be available in GS. My lady wants a pair too.

Lmao at Hispanic Latin lol but I'm not going to lie a Halloween one pack would be sick endless possibilities.

We all know why a game worn Kobe, worn by Kobe himself has more value. But now a days these kid's wear a shoe once and think that because their sweaty foot was in the shoe its now worth more? But not just a few bucks over retail but $400?? And we're starting to see this crap more often. i'm not trying to be the guy that looks down on the kids that are just now getting into this whole shoe thing because everyone has to start somewhere. In my opinion people need to understand what I think should be rule #1 . Buy what you like. Not what you think is hot, not what's popular at school not what you saw some celebrity wear on tv..... buy what YOU like. I've always been into the futuristic stuff so when foams first came out I loved em. When I got my first pair ( White/Black Foam Pro's) I was ridiculed cause many taught they looked funny or ugly etc. But i loved em so i didnt care. Same thing for the Flightposite 3's. My bro and cousin taught they were hidious. But I loved em. These kids out here just renting shoes. Buying em, wearing em once and posting pictures of them then flipping em for whatevers hot on the street....

End of ran. :D

Back to these Kobe 8's that we all love.
Oh ya and GO Lakers :D
I bought my red camos cause I saw jimmy kimmel rocking em ;D

Back
Top Bottom