OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I love a lot of the VII colorways but the shoes were inconsistent. Some squeaked when you walked, some had air bubbles, it was really annoying. I could have two of the same pair and one felt completely different. Surprisingly, the Elites were the least comfortable on my foot. Very tight around the midsole. Kobe's have always fit me like a glove, this was the first line where there were issues like that.
Ditto, the Elites were THE most uncomfortable version of the shoe I purchased, all of the 7's fit different, tried going sz 10 to give my foot some room to breathe and ironically enough, the sz 9.5 cloaks I had ended up being the most comfortable.

Needed a fat man to wear these out to break them in to take some of the strain off feet, so sad cuz I love the look of WTK, Cloak & ASG.

i thought it was just me, there was no room, i hated returning them but they didnt feel good on feet for casual use or laced all the way up for hooping, and i was not about to size up to a 14

Nope they were definitely off and so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. To the point where it would hurt to wear them all day on your feet. I've never had that problem before with Kobe's.

In my opinion if you are going to where the play fast, middas well play in the 6s. The playstrong is the only insert I can wear in the 7

I loved Kobe's shoe line so much, that I bought the del sols, in my size and It hurt so I waited for the elites, bought them with a half size up and they still killed my feet. smh Im really interested on what they changed on here.

What were your guys opinion on the Play Strong insert?

Love it. I really only use the elite play fasts these days, I even iDed a play strong with a black cuff for the laker PDF.

I really think some people, not all, need to give the VII more time to break in. I'm 6'3'' 220 so maybe it a little easier for me :tongue:

Love it. I really only use the elite play fasts these days, I even iDed a play strong with a black cuff for the laker PDF.
I really think some people, not all, need to give the VII more time to break in. I'm 6'3'' 220 so maybe it a little easier for me
tongue.gif
The heel fit and lock down were horrible, and I am six four, two fiddy, so it was no issue with breaking them in, due to how much pressure you placed upon them. The tongue was too thin, and there was plenty sliding to the forefoot in that shoe as well. Whatever last Nike used with the VII, didn't feel the same as the last that was used in the VI. The shoe simply was out of balance, also bottom heavy, as I can play in damn near any shoe out there, with that shoe being one of the only exceptions. I played in the VI, and that shoe was a marvel compared to the VII.

Man you guys are killing me with the elite talk, I want to get these for hoopin since they have made it to outlets. Are they really THAT bad?????

There's a lot of guards who wear them where I ball and they really like the VII's, I've heard the blister complaints, but every ones pairs I've seen are borderline beat so I'm sure they're really broken in.

I'm yet to ball in them as I usually wait till they're super cheap in outlets. I'm still on the VI's and I love them.

I have a real slim foot so my foot feels real locked down on the VII's without having to lace them up tight so I can imagine them feeling like crap for people with wide feet etc.

If they do the inserts again which I'm sure they will, I expect them to be way better just like the Jordan 2011 compared to the 2012's.

Never in my life experienced as much pain playing basketball in a shoe as I did wearing the VII's. Really sucks because I love the way they look.

I really think some people, not all, need to give the VII more time to break in. I'm 6'3'' 220 so maybe it a little easier for me :tongue:
The heel fit and lock down were horrible, and I am six four, two fiddy, so it was no issue with breaking them in, due to how much pressure you placed upon them. The tongue was too thin, and there was plenty sliding to the forefoot in that shoe as well. Whatever last Nike used with the VII, didn't feel the same as the last that was used in the VI. The shoe simply was out of balance, also bottom heavy, as I can play in damn near any shoe out there, with that shoe being one of the only exceptions. I played in the VI, and that shoe was a marvel compared to the VII.

Really??? The play strong ankle cuff locks me in like no other. IDK, I always tap my heel into the back of the shoe then lace up to lock it in.

The ankle cuff is not directly integrated with the Kobe VII shoe, so I do not see how that will make a difference in regard to lock down at the heel, nor with the sliding issues, nor fit at the forefoot, in which it did not make any difference for myself, nor the many others who offer the same complaints with that shoe. Also, as soon as you put on a shoe of any kind, the heel fit and lock down should be immediate, without any applying any extra effort like sitting the foot further back into the shoe before lacing. You didn't have to do that in the VI, so you should not have had to do it in the VII. 

Last edited:
Too low for me easy pass, he might as well be wearing slippers out there and this is a guy who had ankle sprains the last 2 seasons :smh:

^ Yet tons of NBA players wore the Kobe V's and VI's with no problems. Not to mention that the VI's were still being worn by tons of players from other countries during this years Olympics with no problems at all.

Go back to high tops or mids. I'll stay balling in lows. Really excited for these - digital camo and all.

Last edited:
^^ Nike said nothing of the sort. That was random people claiming false info. Pics will come soon enough, December is right around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom