OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Bruh you telling me ppl who don't know squat about shoes would pay $250 for mismatch shoes 
grin.gif
. The What the Kobe is a resellers shoe dude damn near half the stock was taken by resellers, it's hilarious when dudes call it a collector's item
Lol. 100%.

Yeah wish I had jumped on the 8 train earlier 2013. I got on late summer so missed a lot of good stuff.

Yeah talked to HOH today and they said they won't get the Kobe 9 until March 1st. Forget which one that was but they ain't getting MP's or Allstars. Only the Allstar Brons and KD's.
I got a late start too, jumped in on the MCs and took off from there, but I trimmed down my collection, even sold my easters the other day

Idk why you tryna make me look like a fool

It's common sense that NT isn't the only place where hype is prevalent, but being that this is one of the first places that knew about Sparks, this would be the best place to know about Sparks and the hype around them. That being said, by the time we found out there was no US release date, they were gone and that doesn't matter because technicallly if you have the money and know that they're not in America and can get the shoes into America no problem you're gonna do it to resell

Again you're wrong there, the only way to get sparks was through a Chinese website such as kickscrew, and they were already selling for $400-$500, and people were already hesitant to pay that. So if you did get it and trying to resell, you weren't going anywhere with it unless you asked for around the price you paid for and that's not even flip worthy. It's easy ordering shoes from overseas, you gotta be lazy if you think you need lots of money to get shoes sold in other countries. You make it seem like its a difficult task, matter of fact it might be easier to get limited shoes overseas than it is to get in your own country/state/city.

I dont know what cave you speak of but I was in this thread before you made your account, but if you read the sentence carefully you'd realize I meant halfway thru the Kobe 8 series (X-mas '13- May,June,July- January '14) the shoe became resellers shoe, where dudes where flipping MCs for double retail, and dudes had trouble copping the Venice Beaches (I copped and know they were sorta limited but the shoe shouldn't have sold out first day).

First off don't bring in the discussion of account join date. I've been on sneakers since 95. Joined niketalk the year it was started but my account got wiped when niketalk changed, but you wouldn't know that. Join date on a forum or in a thread before someone else does not make you more knowledgable. Again you have been in a cave, Kobe's have been a reseller dream before even the 8's. You might be too new to know that. From LM Aces 3's, chaos, MVP, 4rings 4's, dark knight, big stage, 5rings, Bruce lee 5's, grinch and Barcelona 6's, cheetahs, yotd, galaxy, cloak 7's. So don't tell me that half way through the 8'sbos when it became a resellers shoe.

Do you actually believe if the Sparks were released in the same fashion as Sulfurs (General Release which would mean every shoe store had multiple FSRs) and retailed for $160, they would sell out in a matter of weeks?

Yes I believe that. The spark got so much love before it was confirmed to be Asia exclusive.

Bruh you telling me ppl who don't know squat about shoes would pay $250 for mismatch shoes >D . The What the Kobe is a resellers shoe dude damn near half the stock was taken by resellers, it's hilarious when dudes call it a collector's item

I am telling you that. You'd be surprised how any people wear mismatch shoes and mismatched laces. And people were wearing mismatch shoes that were plain and boring like white/red 12's with black/red 12's. So it's no surprise that people would buy the mismatched WTK if it was more widely available. I'm agreeing with you that the wtk are resellers dream. But you can't deny that there is a market out there for mismatch shoes, especially with a cool design like the wtk.

Anybody has a pic of the MCs sole after a few good wears? Contemplating them but dont know how the soles will be like?

Thanks, it's a real cool shoe. Definitely one of my favorite 8's. Wore it almost every Sunday since I'm a Phins fan. Like them more than my Bron X's in Miami colors.

Last edited:
Guys, I need help.

Someone wants to buy my WTK's from me, so I send him an Invoice.  He pays the invoice, and PayPal says OK to ship, but first of all, what seems fishy to me is: it says "Seller Protection: Partially Eligible." & the address PayPal provides says "Unconfirmed" underneath it. and for the Transaction Details it shows "Business Name: xxx (The sender of this payment is Unverified)

Do I still just ship to this address with Signature confirmation and be protected by PayPal seller protection if he decides to scam me somehow?

Not sure if I should ship shoes or just refund the money because I have doubts.

Last edited:
I wouldn't ship to an unconfirmed/not verified address, when you have doubts and not comfortable don't do it man, for your own mental good, you should refund him...at least I would

Last edited:

Guys, I need help.

Someone wants to buy my WTK's from me, so I send him an Invoice.  He pays the invoice, and PayPal says OK to ship, but first of all, what seems fishy to me is: it says "Seller Protection: Partially Eligible." & the address PayPal provides says "Unconfirmed" underneath it. and for the Transaction Details it shows "Business Name: xxx (The sender of this payment is Unverified)

Do I still just ship to this address with Signature confirmation and be protected by PayPal seller protection if he decides to scam me somehow?

I wouldn't ship. I think its pretty easy to get an address confirmed on the buyers side, so you should ask. A lot of people have been getting scammed via paypal lately so I wouldn't risk it unless you personally spoke to a Paypal rep about it.

I had a couple incidents like that but as long as the money is in the account I would assume its safe but just call paypal to be sure.

Guys, I need help.

Someone wants to buy my WTK's from me, so I send him an Invoice.  He pays the invoice, and PayPal says OK to ship, but first of all, what seems fishy to me is:it says "Seller Protection: Partially Eligible." & the address PayPal provides says "Unconfirmed" underneath it. and for the Transaction Details it shows "Business Name: xxx (The sender of this payment is Unverified)

Do NOT ship. Your not covered. I had this same question earlier this year and took it up with paypal they basically told me if I wanted to be covered I should cancel the transaction and inform the buyer they will need to confirm their address with Paypal and then you will resend the invoice.

Took these pics after my 10th wear

Damn thats clean. Will the soles yellow on those MCs. Man after picking up fades last recently I said superheroes would be my last then I go pick up allstars and now maybe the MCs. Somebody stop me.

Do NOT ship. Your not covered. I had this same question earlier this year and took it up with paypal they basically told me if I wanted to be covered I should cancel the transaction and inform the buyer they will need to confirm their address with Paypal and then you will resend the invoice.

Good idea. Scratch what I said.

What the Kobe shirt available on FTL...in boys sizes. Hopefully men's will be up so I can finally use these VIP coupons for something.

Damn thats clean. Will the soles yellow on those MCs. Man after picking up fades last recently I said superheroes would be my last then I go pick up allstars and now maybe the MCs. Somebody stop me.

They picc up on court yellowing pretty fast the dirt n yellowing on mines make the bottom of my soles look orange almost

Back
Top Bottom