*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

Im surprised they did change the tooling setup all together and kept it the like highs.

The upper is meh asf.

Not a closet fan, not a fan at all. Do dig the kicks though, and respect his talent on the court as an individual athlete and what he's done off the floor as a philanthropist. Otherwise he's another spoiled adult child who was given absolute power to command marks. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

How is he a “spoiled adult child” when he’s literally the best role model to children in American sports currently?

As a Jewish white dude from the burbs I have zero denial that white privilege exists.

Just as I should be held accountable or you should be accountable. Equality.

*Equity

Since you want to be held accountable...

The fact that you’re saying “equality” demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of where and how you crossed the line in your baseless dogwhistle criticism of Lebron.

This image spells it out for you:

79DFB7C6-1015-450E-839C-98D416DB8E6D.png

I realize that people come to the shoe threads to discuss shoes.

What ends up happening though is that someone makes an off-color remark or invites politics into the discussion... the offender gets called out and then without fail someone else tries to back up the offending party by saying “let’s stick to the shoes!”

If we’re going to stick to the shoes, then don’t make the comment that incites the following commentary . It’s that simple.

Demanding that people don’t address questionable commentary is BS. This happened in the Kyrie thread where one user brought up Apu from the simpsons and called criticism of the character outrageous and unwarranted. That’s so bogus and I said as much in that thread- what followed was the typical “stick to the shoes” commentary and absolutely no criticism of the user that defended a racist caricature of South East Asians.

Everyone should be “held accountable”, right?

And since you’re SO aware that white privilege exists how is it that you are unfamiliar with its genesis and by extension SO woefully unfamiliar with the problem of calling a very responsible black Adult a “spoiled child”? The man is literally a pillar in the community.

And Don’t try to reduce this to a discussion of “nobody is perfect” and “we all could improve ourselves”- - your comment was targeted and specific.

Last edited:
I mean Im not reading anything that a sports star has never done before (got a worse examples UK soccer players.) It is just that the tone of the comments shifts between ‘Lebron is a bad man’ to ‘Lebron is no better than the rest of us.’ From the outside it seems that he does a lot for the community and is a decent enough guy. I think everyone in here is an adult, knows he isnt perfect and doesnt treat him as such, but may take exception where someone tries to tear him down for being human.

PS- really disappointed with the colourways for the 16s, when i saw the initially pics was very excited. I reckon every drop shouldve had the lion on the back.

I mean Im not reading anything that a sports star has never done before (got a worse examples UK soccer players.) It is just that the tone of the comments shifts between ‘Lebron is a bad man’ to ‘Lebron is no better than the rest of us.’ From the outside it seems that he does a lot for the community and is a decent enough guy. I think everyone in here is an adult, knows he isnt perfect and doesnt treat him as such, but may take exception where someone tries to tear him down for being human.

I hear you but that’s not what started the back and forth.

Calling a grown black man a “spoiled child” on the strength of nothing and when he is clearly not a child is out of line.

If anyone is clueless as to why such a comment is extremely problematic, you need to brush up on your US History immediately.

Ps- looking forward to getting the 16’s on court this weekend.

Last edited:
I hear you but that’s not what started the back and forth.

Calling a grown black man a “spoiled child” on the strength of nothing and when he is clearly not a child is out of line.

If anyone is clueless as to why such a comment is extremely problematic, you need to brush up on your US History immediately.

Ps- looking forward to getting the 16’s on court this weekend.
LOL

Anyway, I would never support or wear the shoes of an uninspiring clown like Le3/9 but the 16 lows look decent design wise.

I'm sick of that sole.

I swear to god if nike puts that ******* sole on the 17 im gonna wait till there's a good cw and cop on discount.

Question, dont we usually get the first look of the lows when Bron wears them at the all star practice in past models? If so, surprised they have leaked this early.

they saw the state of the thread and realized that had to give us something to talk about other than his image |l:lol:

Question, dont we usually get the first look of the lows when Bron wears them at the all star practice in past models? If so, surprised they have leaked this early.

This sounds right. But it would be unfair of me to say facts, because I’m not a low topper. Have like maybe 3 pairs in 16 years. So I cannot recall but it sounds about right

Fam, my disdain from not having a colorway to cop is much deeper than most

‘16’ happens to be my number so I’d love a pair of these (I genuinely like the shoe), plus Lebrons are always good for bball as I’m a bigger guy pause, plus him coming to my team (though i’ve stated how i feel about that)

Its the perfect storm to be all in on this model, yet Nike hasn’t delivered a colorway I like enough to cop.

Nowhere and no one said he was going to be teaching there. He is financing and opening it. I bet he’ll still be involved and maintaining it. As much as you say he carefully watches his image, it would hurt it if he didn’t.

I agree, the whole "stick to the shoes" commentary was simply an attempt to allow sideways commentary toward Black people to stand. I am not suprised, as it rings of the Trumpian "both sides" distraction. It also rings of that if you punch me for punching you, I am going to call the police!

Typical trash behavior.

LeBron did his thing last night, while Black. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom