*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

When I said 1 or 2 I meant that's how many models that are actually desired. Not the sheer number they have pumped out.

for me is less about sheer models and more eye catch mentality for me, a lot of the ones people dislike are what catches my eye Jordan 16&23, Kobe 2&10, Lebron 5 and then i'm a sucker for the EXT series even if i only have the Lebron vers. left

So you’ll admit you opinion has some bias, cause Kobe sigs is the first Nike basketball branded to get latest Nike tech like flyknit, lunarlon, react etc. it terms of performance in today’s Nike basketball world it’s

1.kobe
2.Lebron
3.Jordan

1. Lebron/Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Kyrie
no one else matters to me :rofl:before someone brings up my KD EXT love, they were all stolen and i chose to no replace them so |l

Instead of having all these gimmicks like Lebron 3 version of the 16s just give us good colourways like they did in the past like they did with the Lebron 8v1 and 2 or the 9 like they did with the swingman color blocking

I see what you mean...but I think the shift has more to do with what's hot in fashion/streetwear than an indictment on Bron's kicks. Outside of a select JB models and colorways Basketball shoes as a whole aren't coveted like they used to be by the quote un quote "in-crowd". Brons, Kobes, KD', foams, and every retro JB threw out the window all used to fly off shelves. Now unless it's a limited collab pair, or an OG classic they usually sit. I personally like it this way. I got into kicks through playing basketball so I never really cared about the "hype" I just wanted the shoes I saw Bron or other NBA players wearing. With the way fashion shifts all it's going to take is Nike throwing an older Bron model on a couple "influencers" and all of a sudden they will be selling out and hard to get again.

That’s the problem. You have to be able to evolve with fashion to keep the shoes right... can’t just be basketball and can’t just be casual. It has to be the right combination of the two to satisfy the entire market. They haven’t done that in 6+ years.

Also, my list of sigs historically would be as follows:

1. Jordan
2. LeBron 1-10
3. Kobe (Nike)

4. Penny, I guess.

After 3, it’s a huge fall off.

Instead of having all these gimmicks like Lebron 3 version of the 16s just give us good colourways like they did in the past like they did with the Lebron 8v1 and 2 or the 9 like they did with the swingman color blocking

i love when people say this, as much as we love to say better colorways, everything from the ROYGBIV has been done, i like the inspiration the watch is doing, though i still think it could be done better, i also think they're should be a staple cw cough dunkman cough that is slightly tweeked every year to go with the yearly bred colorway. but lets be honest when they experiment with the colorways yall either say oh that's to bland or thats to out there. color blocking wise there's something out there for everybody if you actually like the shoe but i digress

Interesting no one has brought up KD models and he up to the 12th sig.:lol:

bcuz this the Lebron thread but i did here good tings about the 11 and 12, but the KD10 UT were the best shoe he's ever had followed by the KD7 ext longhorns and KD4 UT, sad that i own none of those. Let see, Kobe gave me Astro and Spurs shoes(until Nike gives me the Ducan posites |l) ES22 for my Cowboys gear, I was wearing the 2k4 yots but they were taken so i don't currently have a rocket shoes but i've been looking at the 22-0 T-mac millennium and the Harden cartoon rockets shoes, Lebron and Jordan12 take care of all TX teams with the amount of colors i got that it's not really a big deal, minus that oldschool colorblocking Dirk jersey with the blue and green......nope i don't have blue and green shoes :sick:

The LeBron 15 and 16 are nice shoes. The problem has been Nike's lack of imagination with colorways, although the 15 has been way better than the 16. His shoes do sell, but not like Jordan's, and I think that is because he isn't as beloved as Jordan and the past couple years he hasn't won a championship.

mememe_8c2e79e6c6646407b7f95075dc3ad38b-1.jpg

:nerd:

The LeBron 15 and 16 are nice shoes. The problem has been Nike's lack of imagination with colorways, although the 15 has been way better than the 16. His shoes do sell, but not like Jordan's, and I think that is because he isn't as beloved as Jordan and the past couple years he hasn't won a championship.

again see my color blocking post but seriously lack of imagination? what is it you're looking for in the colors, 7734 at this point i'm intrigued to know :nerd:

again see my color blocking post but seriously lack of imagination? what is it you're looking for in the colors, 7734 at this point i'm intrigued to know :nerd:

They came out strong out of the gate with the Bred colorway and how they weaved the metallic red in there. Like they did with the Duke pair. Needed more of that. Also, the problem is some of the nice colorways don't release and then they give us those lame ones, like this Lakers pair coming up and the Remix and Buzz Lightyear's. At least with the 6, 7, and 9 they brought it with the colorways. They even created cool new ones like the Cannon's and China's. Even the LeBron Watch pairs for the 16 are underwhelming. There is no inspiration or imagination with the white Lava pair. They could've really made that shoe a stunner. It doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the OG Agassi, but take inspiration and make a cool looking 16 out of it. Not just a copy and paste.Yeah, a few colorways are good, but I'd say there's too many that aren't good enough.

They have too much inspiration IMO, Lebron 16 CWs are two crazy, there isn't a all black or white colourway, or at least one not too flashy. There are too much gimmicks on the shoes, too much colours. I only bought the I Promise and the GiTD, and I'm not fully happy with them, too much colours on the first ones and too much black on the latest.

Last edited:
I like the 16's to ball in, but I do not like them when I play exclusively in the paint, and that also means nothing low top at all. Many of the people here claiming the Kobe line is great, basically run around on the perimeter, never having to do work underneath. However, I love that physicality, and my shoes need to meet that sort of intensity. Jordan played in an era where shoes had to protect you, as the game was more physical. Those shoes were built for combat. If you look at Barkley's shoes, it is the same thing. Jordan knew that if he went into the paint, Oakley would be waiting for him there, and his shoes had to be able to protect him when he landed. I do not care what anyone says on here, nor anywhere else, Kobe's lightweight low cut shoes would get laughed at in eighties and nineties. Nowadays where a travel is called a eurostep, three and four steps to a layup, Charles Oakley, Dennis Rodman, Otis Thorpe, Anthony Mason, are no longer waiting for you under that rim, so there is less fear in where and how you land. Dennis would trip you intentionally, making you roll your ankle.

That said, the Zoom Kobe 1 is a good shoe, as are the LeBron II, III and X for what I am describing as are the Kyrie 4, and yeah, you little punks out here are soft now, can't take contact..just like these sock based shoes that you are in love with...:lol:

everyone-gets-a-trophy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom