Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

why retire? just go to another brand or cop the new nikes like the lunar series, am09, lbj vii, etc etc. that's where all the ideas, quality and comfort isgoing. At one point in the past all of these retro's where new and revolutionary to the sneaker game that's how we fell and love with them. sodon't let nikes poor choice of qulity, shape, wrong colors, and price increase take the love away from sneaker collecting. maybe if we don't cop theywill do something about it????

Originally Posted by bknowbles

why retire? just go to another brand or cop the new nikes like the lunar series, am09, lbj vii, etc etc. that's where all the ideas, quality and comfort is going. At one point in the past all of these retro's where new and revolutionary to the sneaker game that's how we fell and love with them. so don't let nikes poor choice of qulity, shape, wrong colors, and price increase take the love away from sneaker collecting. maybe if we don't cop they will do something about it????

you are absolutly RIGHT

why retire? just go to another brand or cop the new nikes like the lunar series, am09, lbj vii, etc etc. that's where all the ideas, quality and comfort is going. At one point in the past all of these retro's where new and revolutionary to the sneaker game that's how we fell and love with them. so don't let nikes poor choice of qulity, shape, wrong colors, and price increase take the love away from sneaker collecting. maybe if we don't cop they will do something about it????

I agree with this, but I can see why a lot of people feel the way they do.
It's like being disappointed every Christmas with what you get, eventually it's not going to have the same meaning to you.
I'm looking at newer releases like the air max 2009's more and more these days.

Agreed, to an extent.

As I've gotten older and actually got a "grown man" job where I can't wear sneakers except on Fridays, naturally I've slowed down a TON. I always say to myself why buy if I'll wear them a few times a year? And then I add on to that, why spend my hard earned money on shoes that I'llbarely wear that have horrible quality? It just doesn't make sense.

But yeah, the new Nike models are where it's at if you want better quality. Nike's QC has gone downhill for every line, but the newer joints areeasily better than the retros. This retro of the Bo's is very disappointing, IMO. I just can't spend loot on paper thin "leather" that willgo to hell after a few wears, no matter how much nostalgia they have. And sadly, that has been the case with almost every retro in the past few years for me. I may buy, but I usually end up taking them back or wearing them a few times and selling them.

I just wish Nike would do a retro right for once. Throw us a bone (pause) here you bastards.

Why are people expecting OG quality from Retro shoes? Obviously qualities of the retros will never be the same as OGs. Accept it. Buy it if you like it.Don't buy it if you don't like it. Find a OG pair and try to wear it and hope it don't fall apart. With the retros, at least you can wear itwithout worrying about it falling apart. I'd rather have a pair I can wear rather than spend xx amount on a OG pair and can't even wear it.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Why are people expecting OG quality from Retro shoes? Obviously qualities of the retros will never be the same as OGs. Accept it. Buy it if you like it. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Find a OG pair and try to wear it and hope it don't fall apart. With the retros, at least you can wear it without worrying about it falling apart. I'd rather have a pair I can wear rather than spend xx amount on a OG pair and can't even wear it.
This discussion could get overly complicated with theories and numbers. But I agree to an extent.

Think back to 1990. How much were Nike shoes then? ~$110 dollars. In simple economic inflation terms, that is equivalent to today- $190 dollars. We don'toften, if at all see performance Nike shoes running $190 bucks. So really, back in 1990, they were TRUE PERFORMANCE BEASTS.

But just as with many other products out there, technology advances and cheaper products can be made at no loss of quality. With R&D already accounted forout of many retro products, it truly seems viable that a $110 dollar shoe today can have the same quality of a $110 dollar 1990 shoe.

On the other end, you have a 2009 $110 dollar product that SHOULD be cheaper in nature in every aspect if you simplify things.

So really, two options.. Nike is cheap ......... or............ It makes sense to have a product cheaper in price comparatively, which also means cheaper inquality.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

UNIQUEKICKZ wrote:

Just confirmd that FA nor FL will NOT be getting these!!!
mad.gif
check ur
local mom and pop shops.....
still wont be hard to obtain here in NYC. But why would there be pics of them on footlocker unlocked?

for the baltimore heads, i just talked to my peeps at FTL (the manager) he said they will have these tomorrow.
nerd.gif

Well I should've been more specific these are a staple on the east coast, but as far as the west coast or washington state I have asked everybody and theonly store getting them is niketown in seattle as far as the FTL and FA and even finishline will not be getting these. Its obvious me coming from nyc that Iwasnt excluding them on the east coast but the left coast is a diff story... My apologies for the confusing

yeah we all have our own opinions on the matter and all are going to do what we want at the end of the day. if I don't like I don't buy and won'tregret it cause I've been arround with most of the og's/retro even though im young but like superblyTRIFE stated why spend hard earned money on crap.and I also know where ptngina is coming from also why pay so much money for something too stare at. idk how long everyone else has been collecting but I justfeel when you have been arround quality kicks and even older retoes that still had their flaws but still a timeless classic and as time goes on you see thedestruction of what you fell in love with you tend to feel some type of way. we didn't design its not named after us but we do love it and spend our moneyon it so in a way it feels like ours. you see it you like it you buy it and hopefully you won't feel like you it wasn't worth the bucks...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by ptngina

Why are people expecting OG quality from Retro shoes? Obviously qualities of the retros will never be the same as OGs. Accept it. Buy it if you like it. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Find a OG pair and try to wear it and hope it don't fall apart. With the retros, at least you can wear it without worrying about it falling apart. I'd rather have a pair I can wear rather than spend xx amount on a OG pair and can't even wear it.
This discussion could get overly complicated with theories and numbers. But I agree to an extent.

Think back to 1990. How much were Nike shoes then? ~$110 dollars. In simple economic inflation terms, that is equivalent to today- $190 dollars. We don't often, if at all see performance Nike shoes running $190 bucks. So really, back in 1990, they were TRUE PERFORMANCE BEASTS.

But just as with many other products out there, technology advances and cheaper products can be made at no loss of quality. With R&D already accounted for out of many retro products, it truly seems viable that a $110 dollar shoe today can have the same quality of a $110 dollar 1990 shoe.

On the other end, you have a 2009 $110 dollar product that SHOULD be cheaper in nature in every aspect if you simplify things.

So really, two options.. Nike is cheap ......... or............ It makes sense to have a product cheaper in price comparatively, which also means cheaper in quality.

I understand what your saying. My whole thing with these retro stuff, Nike or other shoe companies are retroing shoes for people that probably were not aroundor too young to have bought a particular shoes. For people thats been in the game for a long time, its just another way of getting a pair of shoes that youprobably copped back in the day. Nike is not trying to push for quality of an OG pair but rather they are pushing for people to have a chance to buy/rekindlethat memory they had when that specific shoe released back in the day.

I don't like how Nike quality on retros are subpar but I still buy the kicks if I like em knowing they are not up to par with the OG's. For me, I waslike in JR. High when these Bo Jackson was releasing. I was able to buy a pair here and there but as a 6th-7th grader, my parents weren't about to spend$100 plus on some shoes all the time. So, these retros are a chance for me to buy some kicks I wasn't able to cop back in the day. You sacrifice somequality to obtain something you never had back in the day. With my hard earned money, I want something I can wear and not some OG that I can't even wear..Thats just me.

yeah but why not have great quality for your money that you can wear and be more than just satisfied that you have a classic off of you list? they are getting$105 a pop why cant we just get a great quality re-retro in exchange? just a thought.

yeah but why not have great quality for your money that you can wear and be more than just satisfied that you have a classic off of you list? they are getting $105 a pop why cant we just get a great quality re-retro in exchange? just a thought.
You are getting the same quality performance wise. Some minor details are different from the OG. Orange a lil off or what not. Not big of a deal,IMO. You're paying $110 for a retro. Thats how much it cost 20 years ago. Nike is not gonna sell a shoe they were selling at 110 20 years ago for cheaperin 2009 when everything in the world has gone up due to inflation.

Is the quality really that bad 'cause the Orange is off? They used leather instead of suede? etc, etc. Its just minor difference from the OG thats why itsa retro and not OG. Quality is the same 'cause after 20 years, the Retro will be cracking like the OG ones. Are the minor differences will make the shoefall apart faster? Most likely not. When I think of quality, I think of craftmanship. I don't look at it if the colors are 100% exact match or if thematerial is 100% exact match. Quality is not the issue. The issue is, the Retro is not 100% the same look wise as the OG ones. But again, this is a Retro, notOG. If people want an exact match, find a OG pair. Again, retros will probably never be exact the same as the OGs. Either you live with or not. Me, I can livewith the lil minor details. Hell, even some of the current shoes in the market right now, the quality is not good and its not a retro.

we can agree to disagree. but Quality IS the issue here though. have you worn any older late 90 sc trainers?? quality leather and suede for DAYYYYYYS. Ican't emphasize that enough. you can push them through hell and they just hold up so nicely. Colors and shades can be off, but at the very core of any shoeis its materials. If youve been through and worn both retro years, its not even close.

The sad part is, NIKE is definetly selective in their material usage on retros and new trainers.. Most of the stuff is the same $100 dollar price point buttruly varying degrees of quality.. Consistency would be nice.

^^Unfortunately, I was out of the shoe game when they retroed these the first time so I never wore them. So what you are saying, if you train with the 98retros back in 1998 and then you train with the 09's right now, the 09's will fall apart first since the material they used in the 09s are not up topar with the 98s?

If thats the case, then yes, the quality of the 09 is not the same as the 98 if the 09s will fall apart first before the 98s. If they hold up the same, thenquality/craftmanship is the same. They just used different material to achieve the same result.

But I've stopped expecting OG quality from a retro shoe. If I wanted OG quality, I'd cop an OG pair. I'm just happy to be able to wear a pair withthe money Im spending.

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

UNIQUEKICKZ wrote:

Just confirmd that FA nor FL will NOT be getting these!!!
mad.gif
check ur
local mom and pop shops.....
still wont be hard to obtain here in NYC. But why would there be pics of them on footlocker unlocked?

for the baltimore heads, i just talked to my peeps at FTL (the manager) he said they will have these tomorrow.
nerd.gif

Well I should've been more specific these are a staple on the east coast, but as far as the west coast or washington state I have asked everybody and the only store getting them is niketown in seattle as far as the FTL and FA and even finishline will not be getting these. Its obvious me coming from nyc that I wasnt excluding them on the east coast but the left coast is a diff story... My apologies for the confusing
Is your info. rock solid? I want to believeyou but from all things I've heard NT SEA doesn't have these on their inbounds. In fact, acouple people I know that work there asked me where they could find the SC Trainers....my response was "I was gonna ask you the same thing".

just picked em up today at sharpstown mall in houston, 'the hook up' had em. i think theyre fire def satisfied great addition to the collection. not ashigh quality as sneak geekz described to be. the suede is above avg. but the leather isnt as premium as sneak geekz said. but freakin sick simply A CLASSIC.

SHOUT OUT TO PONSON for HTOWN for the heads up. def appreciate it bro

Originally Posted by BigTy23

I remember back in the NikePark days, people nitpicked the 98' retros. I guess some people are never happy...
smh.gif

I'm convinced that if shoes looked exactly like the original to the T, people would complain they are too much like the originals. Just shut up already, and pass if you don't like them.
This is a even-keen message board sir.

Just log off already... or hit ISS...
laugh.gif

I'm shocked at the post!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

nerd.gif

pimp.gif
Good looks on the
info...

no prob. mondawmin to be exact.

demo95king -
pimp.gif
best pic so far i've seen. gotta cop.

Back
Top Bottom