Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

Wally thanks for digging that picture up of the size tag. Thought i had look threw all the pages. Will be finding a way to get mine tomorrow.

Finally seen these today (not copping for $150 plus 14% tax though- living in Canada FTL), and I was pleasantly surprised at the way the orange still managedto pop. What was really killing me was the fact that the orange on the midsole seemed to be painted on very poorly. I never tried them on so I'm not surehow they rate comfort wise.

Damn wally those 98's are crazy. I wish I still had a pair of those. Check transit, Michael kays and other stores this week they might get them.

This shoe is all I have been thinking about the last few days. I just need to get a pair on my feet so I can get on with my life, lol. I cannot wait for theseto come in.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

4-5 little things really do add up...

plastic like layer on the midfoot straps- gone
thicker black threads on the midfoot straps- not there
padded ankle collar perforated leather- shouldn't be there
grey mudguard- not quite the right shade
concord leather stripe not nubuck- it's leather instead

add all that up and its not an entirely eye popping nike flagship release, instead its just like the rest... It truly could've been the end all of nike retros, a true shoe for the decades.

saddening to see.

heres your perfect eye popping shoe that has everything coming together PERFECTLY:

a true orange glow..
e4c1554365cfcfbcce278d0754ef0bc5c6b67d7.jpg

PERFECTION done by you NIKE. its not like you're trying to copy what reebok did and don't know the formula. bottomline, you are CHEAP yet still charge $105 for a non performance shoe?
indifferent.gif

QFT I ordered two sets of these, if they give me a bad vibe i will be returning them, Nike just thinks they can cut corners whenever they feel like it and itsmessed up, its not that difficult to do a retro right it really isn't they have the resources they just don't care.

Have these hit any footlockers / chain stores yet? Or so far only boutique type locations? I wanna know if I should start calling all my local places andasking bout them.

i dont get how these are $105 lol both my trainer max 91's were 90 bucks a piece...and this bo jackson was BEFORE those... oh and the air trainer max91>>>>>>>>>>>>these as far as comfort

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i dont get how these are $105 lol both my trainer max 91's were 90 bucks a piece...and this bo jackson was BEFORE those... oh and the air trainer max 91>>>>>>>>>>>>these as far as comfort
Man I dont care if they are $305 I am still coppin at least 3 pairs. I know i know, thats why Nike gets away with it....I dont care, I love thisshoe.

I need these so bad..but I know I aint gonna be able to get em cause I gotta buy my stupid wife an anniversary present..

I think I have to see these in person before buying. Some of the photos make them look good and others don't, so we'll see.

Just got notification that my first pair has shipped. Thats the 11.5. I got a 12 coming too so I can decide which size is best before I order the 3 pairs tokeep on ice.

already high rightnow off soem good cookie doe haze mj25 aooowww.....

NYCCCC?? anywhere i need these before i go off to south beach...

Originally Posted by casekicks

I need these so bad..but I know I aint gonna be able to get em cause I gotta buy my stupid wife an anniversary present..

Priorities, son!
laugh.gif

I'll cop these only with discount. These are one of those that everyone's excited for but once in possession, easily forgettable.

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

Just confirmd that FA nor FL will NOT be getting these!!!
mad.gif
check ur local mom and pop shops.....
still wont be hard to obtain here in NYC. But why would there be pics of them on footlocker unlocked?

its just never the same but hopefully its a great attempt. Dont get sucked into things being limited.

this bad attempt shows me be careful what you ask for. lol nike tried to make them og like with bringing back the webtec *wich looks cheap* and the nike tagbehind the tounge but still made them with 07' quality and features smh. these will be turned into beaters quick. everyone enjoy these cheaply made auburnrejects like most if not all of nikes retro line. and for those who never had og's or 98' retro fair warning try not to get the mudguard wet because itleaves water stains...

bknowbles, brett favre your 98s ASAP
laugh.gif

I forget who I was talking to with this about, but even the 98 retros, the true inception RETRO model, was wrongly built. The originals are a good 1 inchhigher in the ankle collar area compared to the 1998-2009 retro models. Throw in a tongue that peaked through the upper a good inch to inch and a half, and theOGs are truly "TRAINER SC HIGHs"..

All retro models from 98 to now, are a good 2 inches shorter than they should be.

A sad fact to be known at a time like this

Does Eastbay usually accept too many purchases on back ordered items and end up canceling a bunch of orders? Sorry if dumb question but I've never boughtanything that wasn't in stock from them.

yeah wally the shape of the og and 98' are different and the collar arround the heel on the og has more of a lip appeal to it, padding is a little morethin than 98' retro's, the web tec on og's looks more narrow compared to 98' and 98' webtec is more spaced apart the way they cross eachother and have a more clean and clear look to them sort of like the netting on 99' bred iv vs. cdp bred iv, the texture of the leather on og's isdifferent from 98', and the toe is more round and narrow on og's, the height is not too much of a difference I think its more of the cut of the shoebecause on the 98' retro it seem to dip lower at the ankle collar by the heel but when comparing og to 98 the cut of og looks more like a v shape and98' looks more of a u shape, the font on the back of the heel that says nike is a little more narrow on og's but still the 98' kill 09' anyday. just something I noticed over the years. if anything is wrong or missing please add to it. I was thinking about having someone try to sole swap the09' with one of my crumbled 98' pair.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

bknowbles, brett favre your 98s ASAP
laugh.gif

I forget who I was talking to with this about, but even the 98 retros, the true inception RETRO model, was wrongly built. The originals are a good 1 inch higher in the ankle collar area compared to the 1998-2009 retro models. Throw in a tongue that peaked through the upper a good inch to inch and a half, and the OGs are truly "TRAINER SC HIGHs"..

All retro models from 98 to now, are a good 2 inches shorter than they should be.

A sad fact to be known at a time like this
I've noticed all of the trainers are shorter than the OG's

I wonder if they did some sort of study to find out people don't like higher sneakers as much.

i guess as times and trends started to change all of the high top sneakers where out and the mid/low cut was the thing.

Back
Top Bottom