Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

nice photos marley.

some Day 3 impressions:
-midsole paint is still holding up. no signs of cracking.
-toebox leather is gradually showing some more crease wear.. not too bad though. I'm guessing by wear 10, it will have plateaued
-COMFORT on your feet is still there. walking miles on end and there just isnt much worry. I doubt "cross trainer" worthy but its a perfect casualshoe.

Some other observations:

I grabbed my '90 original infrareds and these 2009 retros are actually as HIGH as the originals, cut wise.. A few other pairs I have, they have been 1/4inch to 1/2 inch lower in the ankle cut. My 98 royal blues are the right cut, but the 99 infrareds, 97 raiders, and 00 obsidian/comet red are shorter inoverall ankle height. We're talking a few centimeters here but now they have it right.
These are BONAFIDE HIGH CUT BO JACKSON SHOES...

Amazing find, bknowbles.

for those that have worn or used other sc trainer retros, the white heel part of the midsole is STILL like a sponge to the dirt. every white based retro iveseen or owned has had this sort of immediate aging and irreversible dirtiness.

Lastly, the upper ankle padding is MUCH different than any other retro model. It's stuffed much more than other retros. It's not done right, almost ona cheaper level. The padding is harder and thicker but it still has its comfort.

add another thing to the small list of things not done quite "right"

2009 retro:
7af259044366ecb5cf4ba2a5466d1f8511d0034.jpg

e961504a60c5c7b49ae3ecf588ff089797ecc92.jpg
b4415b4a66c0c7b9795b2512bbf4c935a71c26c.jpg

vs. 1998 retro (which is identical to OG):
8ff3597f4c436ad0c73fcb7ab12e100f8dbf7fd.jpg

0793566e43746b92ca7bcd7cb452b5e6fd82b58.jpg
ded15a4663cfccbc2bb683c63aa695cc0d39b5f.jpg

comparison shot:
f7f35b214082644ec02ec06abebcad6ce5b8917.jpg

2009 retros literally petrude out like a tumor. Dare I say like the yeezys. THey just arent very streamlined.

but it is what it is.

combine the 5-6 small differences and the 98s and og's still stand way above these.

Just got mine today and they're beautiful!! Any other colorways releasing this year? I want the yellow ones I used to have back in the day.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

NY loved em not because of Bo, but because of the shoe, same reason we were so big on Diamond Turfs, Griffeys, Air Max's, etc... it was just about being fly, not necessarily about the athlete.
I TRULY Hope You Realize How STUPID This Statment Sounds
indifferent.gif
.... NEWS FLASH, Just Because YOU Sought After Shoes Back In The Day To Aid In "Being Fly" Rather Than Because One Athlete Or Another Endorsed The Line DOES NOT Mean This Was Reasoning Behind The Majority Of People Purchasing This Shoe...... Whether You're Willing To Admit It Or Not, Bo Was An ICONIC Athelete From The 90's Decade Much Like A Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Deone Sanders, Hell Even Michael Jordan; Were For The Nike Brand Name..... To Sit Here And Say That People Didn't Cop These Sneakers Because Of The Atheletes Name Attached To Them Is Just Pure IDIOTIC And Would Only Suggest That You Somehow Missed Out On The SLEW Of Commercials Released And Marketing Efforts Done By Nike During This Era To Endorse These Iconic Athletes And The Product Lines They Represented
eyes.gif
I didn't even want to respond to that, the ignorance just made me
laugh.gif

Just like he looks and sees the Mets with blue and orange. Not realizing that Auburn, UVA, Syracuse, Illinois, Clemson, Morgan State, Virginia State exist. Much less the Raiders, Royals, White Sox and Angels.

I'm starting to see why people have had problems with New Yorkers over the years up here

i wanted to say thanks wally for that email but my computer wasnt working at the time. just my luck lol. i would have scooped them up from there but now i gotto wait until they hit the dmv. hope its soon

Originally Posted by DeewLay

psypha,

hey, did you swap out the laces? i have a sz 11, and my laces are way too long....

naw I didn't swap the laces. Those are the originals. I just have em pretty loose. But I did change the laces today to a light grey, same as the swoosh.Someone else did it to in this thread an posted a pic too.

PanaRicanRetro wrote:
NY loved em not because of Bo, but because of the shoe, same reason we were so big on Diamond Turfs, Griffeys, Air Max's, etc... it was just about being fly, not necessarily about the athlete.
I TRULY Hope You Realize How STUPID This Statment Sounds
indifferent.gif
.... NEWS FLASH, Just Because YOU Sought After Shoes Back In The Day To Aid In "Being Fly" Rather Than Because One Athlete Or Another Endorsed The Line DOES NOT Mean This Was Reasoning Behind The Majority Of People Purchasing This Shoe...... Whether You're Willing To Admit It Or Not, Bo Was An ICONIC Athelete From The 90's Decade Much Like A Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Deone Sanders, Hell Even Michael Jordan; Were For The Nike Brand Name..... To Sit Here And Say That People Didn't Cop These Sneakers Because Of The Atheletes Name Attached To Them Is Just Pure IDIOTIC And Would Only Suggest That You Somehow Missed Out On The SLEW Of Commercials Released And Marketing Efforts Done By Nike During This Era To Endorse These Iconic Athletes And The Product Lines They Represented
eyes.gif

Wow, a little dramatic, don't you think? Didn't mean to spark up so many strong feelings. Look this is all I was trying to say, in plain english sopeople can relax and stop making such a big deal of it:

* Everybody in NY was beasting for the shoe, and wondering why it hadn't popped up in NY yet vs. other areas
* Somebody said something like "Why do people in NY freak out if they're not the first to get a shoe"
* I tried to say "People in NY REALLY like sneakers. Always have, always will. This colorway of the Bo Jacksons was one of the biggest sellers in NYboth originally and with the 98 retro, for a number of reasons, many of which had nothing to do with people idolizing Bo Jackson.

Then somebody got all sensitive, and I tried to explain it again. Then somebody else got way more sensitive and this is my last time explaining it. It'snot a big deal, and no reason to start slinging insults, etc... Yes, everybody everywhere liked this shoe. I never said they didn't I was just trying toexplain why the NY heads were beastin so much. I'm done. Say what you want. There's more serious things in life.

panaricanretro or spivins, hows the quality on your pairs? im beginning to worry my other internet orders may have some bigger issues than my pair currently.
I haven't worn a pair yet, but the quality is good. I noticed the first pair I got looks pretty much flawless, while the second pair shows alittle pre-creasing, and the paint and glue isn't as perfect in some small areas, but it still looks good. I don't know if it's cause I got thefirst pair at a Tier Zero Store or just coincidence, but I'm happy with them nonetheless.

just for the record. i didn't have the OGs, it was pretty much only about jordans for me then. but i def. had the retros in '98 as a sophomore incollege and creasing out the box was NOT an issue.

Charmcitykid, im trying to find reasons why its pre creased like that . is it the banana boat construction combined with the cheap shoe trees not helpingsupport the hardier fake leather toebox? or is it simply shotty craftsmanship. I'd almost call the leather a bit bumpy and bubbly in the way it wasstretched at the toebox.. pulled tighter together in a better fashion leaves almost none of that... at the same time, "good retro pairs" have thesame eventual crease marks, albeit less bumpy... Again, i'll get 4-5 more straight days with this pair for that ultimate wear test, so you all can justwait it out if youre weary about quality.

its all good wally. i'ma still cop & all. i was just a little disappointed to see that str8 out the box creasing. i haven't seen these in personyet, but just judging by the pics, it looks to be a combo of the shape and the cheap leather. like many have said, we all know about nike's quality"issues." but still, i'm just sayin tho...
ohwell.gif

I just thought. What if, now bear with me, what if all employees at NY sneakers store lied to you all and they really had these in stock but kept them all forthemselves. After all NYers are major sneaker headwho have to have thier kicks before everybody else.

CharmCityKid wrote:

its all good wally. i'ma still cop & all. i was just a little disappointed to see that str8 out the box creasing. i haven't seen these in person yet, but just judging by the pics, it looks to be a combo of the shape and the cheap leather. like many have said, we all know about nike's quality "issues." but still, i'm just sayin tho...
ohwell.gif

Come on now guys - have you already forgotten how Nike did the G.I. Joe Trainer SC with a "pre-yellowed" midsole so you wouldn't beso bitter about them doing that over time anyways? Someone put up a pic

Now, Nike takes the next step in anticipating customer dissatisfaction with "precreased leather"
tongue.gif
in an attempt to distract you from the crappy painted midsole issues.

Sort of like distressed denim back in the day, no?

Nike - always a step ahead while reaching around for my wallet.
roll.gif
I kid,I kid.

I'll get them even with creases. Gonna wear these puppies when copped. Eventually.

as always jay, 4 months down the line . or 5 or a year. i got that one pair for you whenever you need it, if need be... these are hitting some weird places, asseen on that auction site just now. no name sellers has you wondering if its really legit, free shipping and Below retail. a true winner for you late nightshoppers

sourced out another website with another FSR for retail. PM me for details... cant be giving out info for thousands of non members to view and see. my pairsare accounted for. from here on out, its about helping anyone out there.

EDIT: website changed their price overnight.. no longer under retail with free shipping. instead i think they are $120 withfree shipping.. Not bad but shady tactics non the less. I wont be linking to that website anymore unless you want them for that price.

Back
Top Bottom