Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

it looks like some are HORRIBLE. and some are just decent. so take the comments from people as coming from either point of view. that leaves your averageconsumer confused as hell, as theres no consistency on the comments.

the deep creasing seen in that video is something youd maybe see out of a 1 month old shoe being worn DAILY, not a ds model.

#1 key for me with this release was comfort. my 2006 sc trainers were TERRIBLY uncomfortable. These 09s on my feet feel very similar to my 97-00 retros, whichis a true compliment. If not the best one for this model. midsole paint has yet to show any bit of cracking. its the small positives here that im looking at.

some of you act like you're paying $1000 for some luxury shoes ..... please, what do you expect for $100 these days.....

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Ive never seen so much complaining about a shoe your gonna wear ooutside. and to places

word, so they should just start making all their shoes just pre-beat the %%*$ up with a bunch of defects
laugh.gif
Hell why don't we apply that ideology to everything, next time i buy a new lex and it comes with pre faded interior and half used tires who cares ill be using the car anyway?
laugh.gif
bro that was a real dumb statement you might want to hit that edit button.
why dude always comparing shoes to things shoes shouldnt be compared too...sure u had a crease or 2 but ull be aight...if it was that big of a deal you would have returned the shoes by now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Ive never seen so much complaining about a shoe your gonna wear ooutside. and to places

word, so they should just start making all their shoes just pre-beat the %%*$ up with a bunch of defects
laugh.gif
Hell why don't we apply that ideology to everything, next time i buy a new lex and it comes with pre faded interior and half used tires who cares ill be using the car anyway?
laugh.gif
bro that was a real dumb statement you might want to hit that edit button.
why dude always comparing shoes to things shoes shouldnt be compared too...sure u had a crease or 2 but ull be aight...if it was that big of a deal you would have returned the shoes by now
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
your a joke, comparing things to things that shoes shouldn't be compared to? I paid money for a pair of brand new shoes, not a pair of shoes that looklike they were beat the +%!+ up . They came Defective, the are OBVIOUSLY defective, and if you think thats ok i wish there were more consumers like you outthere we would never have returns for defective merchandise:lol: and a crease or 2? The entire area where the toe box meets the midsole is off= poorcraftsmanship. If you want to buy defective shoes for 100+ do you, but telling by your join date on this message board your probably a newbie and thereforedon't know or weren't old enough to own a quality nike shoe so just because your part of the herd that buys cheap crap don't try to bunch dudesthat been in this game into that group of dudes that just grin and bear it every time nike makes a shoe everyone wants with piss poor quality Its the reason idon't buy jordans anymore, and if it continues with the current crop of retro's ill just stop buying nike products all together.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Like the new renditions all you want. I won't take offense to shunning an OG c/w like that. i could careless.

I gave a pass to the auburns for being somewhat close to the originals/retros. But here its a whole other story. I can't accept this

black shiny fake leather is a true sin
indifferent.gif
. its just not acceptable to me on a looks p.o.v. As someone else put it, generic comes to mind here. No true "attention to detail" moments..

id rather wear 99 cent flip flops than to accept these as Bo's and to proudly wear them on my feet. Auburns, I can do just that. These are and will remain to be TRASH in my eyes

worst butchering from nike of a classic has to be the black/white more uptempo....good lord just thinking of it
sick.gif
Agreed on both accounts....

And I think this retro rounds out the top three worst butchered retros:

2emoqbn.jpg

sick.gif

I've been wanting the SC when I first heard the news about them retroing for 2009. However, with all the complaints about quality on most pairs, Idecided not to purchase a pair at retail. I would not be surprised if they hit discount stores like Ross / NR / Marshall's just like the Tech Challengesabove in a few months
nerd.gif

Thanks for the video trethousandgt. That, outof the box... no excuse. Period.
Y'all Nike STANS kill me with this 'sneaker baller' contrast, this is a damn message board of sneaker consumers.

Y'all would take a luke warm McDouble back to the counter in a heartbeast. You just don't eat it because "I just paid .99!"

Even that .99 comes with an expectation, and usually not one you created.

Psht.

Reasons like this I stay on my 40%/50% off grind as a consumer.

In the words of MJ, "They don't care about US!"
laugh.gif

honestly... just dont buy the shoes if the quality is bad.... easiest solution ever.
i personally passed even for 1/2 off... not my type of shoe... i know dudes copped cause its been 10 yrs... but bad quality is bad quality... i like my shoesto look DS when i wear them...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Thanks for the video trethousandgt. That, out of the box... no excuse. Period.
this is a damn message board of sneaker consumers.

Y'all would take a luke warm McDouble back to the counter in a heartbeast. You just don't eat it because "I just paid .99!"

Even that .99 comes with an expectation, and usually not one you created.

Psht.
You summed it up very well with this

^well said and thanks for the video....i was watchin that video when my wife passed by and saw the video, first thing she said was "those are damagedshoes those should be returned" and that came from a non sneakerhead....i guess people are just a lil upset with this anticipated shoe....poorcraftsmanship on these

I really don't think the quality is bad on these, but I noticed it's inconsistent, so I think some pairs are better than others.

I'm highly disappointed with how they did the black/grey retros so I'm just passing on those. It's that simple.

that vid was crazy....those creases were jus horrid like a !!%+% went to the gym with them for a session, then put them back in the box, then shipped....had togo back and get a different 11.5 my damn self...jus sloppy, shotty work.....with that said i have very few complaints wit the pair i now own and do think theylook
pimp.gif
outside the cosmetic flaws. good looks UPandCom again...

I dont know how anyone else can complain if someone is upset with their quality, its their money and they bought brand new shoes they should look brand new.Those in the vid were definatley messed up no doubt about it and usually Nike gets away with that because people do not want to bother with the hassle ofreturninfg them and then waiting for a new pair. Hopefully your next 2 come in DS.

I just watched the video...wow. I had to look at my pics again and see if I had the same creases. I did not see any but I will look again tonight.

Sad man...

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

That video shows firsthand Nike's nonexistent quality control when it came to these shoes. It's like playing the lotto when you try to get a pair that isn't already creased.

I've noticed that most retros that I've had quality issues with were made in China. The ones made in Vietnam or Thailand, however, rarely get any complaints from me. The quality of the medicine balls (Vietnam) and the SCs (China) are worlds apart.

I think it's more with the factories Nike uses now than the countries the factories are in.

The original Air Max Pluses were made in China and had great quality; the material felt strong and durable and the shoes had great comfort. When they movedproduction to Vietnam, quality plummeted; the paint job on the shoes was terrible as the paint chips off the midsole; the mesh feels very thin and flimsy, andthe comfort of the shoes was much less.

Nike's probably having the production done in factories that can mass-produce these shoes at a cheaper cost (and with lower quality) and I guess Nike haslowered its standards for quality control as well.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

That video shows firsthand Nike's nonexistent quality control when it came to these shoes. It's like playing the lotto when you try to get a pair that isn't already creased.

I've noticed that most retros that I've had quality issues with were made in China. The ones made in Vietnam or Thailand, however, rarely get any complaints from me. The quality of the medicine balls (Vietnam) and the SCs (China) are worlds apart.

I think it's more with the factories Nike uses now than the countries the factories are in.

The original Air Max Pluses were made in China and had great quality; the material felt strong and durable and the shoes had great comfort. When they moved production to Vietnam, quality plummeted; the paint job on the shoes was terrible as the paint chips off the midsole; the mesh feels very thin and flimsy, and the comfort of the shoes was much less.

Nike's probably having the production done in factories that can mass-produce these shoes at a cheaper cost (and with lower quality) and I guess Nike has lowered its standards for quality control as well.

That is exactly what it is, i had the pleasure of talking to a former manager that delt with manufacturing of Nike shoes and worked along side Tinker. He toldme things at Nike started to change towards the end of the 90's and began to get worse in the earlier part of the new millenium when Nike started bringingin a bunch of Harvard Grads that only cared about the bottom line. There was one time where Nike produced sneakers in only three locations Japan, USA, andTaiwan. Return ratio's were always higher on the USA made products and american employees were filing a lot more workmans comp claims fraudulently so theyclosed down the factories here. After that Japan's factories closed down because as their economy grew so did the cost of production. Nike then began tolook for cheaper production and they found that in Vietnam and china. You better believe if people stopped buying sneakers because of poor quality constructionand that hurt their bottom line, they would change factories and boost quality, but thats not going to happen when you have people like notoriusWES that justcontinue to buy products because of the Name and hype attached to a particular brand or shoe, they could probably piss on his pair before they ship them out tohim and he would still proudly rock them, its whats wrong with the newer crop of "collectors," not all of them but a lot of them.

And Nike knows most consumers aren't going to be buying these shoes for actual cross-training or any athletic purpose. They pretty much know people willwear the shoes casually or just stare at them for a couple years. With that in mind they know they can cut corners and people will still buy the shoe becauseof nostalgia and other factors.

Are any Nikes still made in Korea? There used to be a few shoes that were (Original Air Max 93s, some Air Max 95s, and some other shoe).

just got mine from eastbay right now, not as bad as some just some weird creasing in the middle of the Toe Box, like a wave ,and alot of glue, Box is beat ( Idont care about the box) and the BO Knows poster with all the athletes is a little ripped (gave it to my son ,he does not care), otherwise better than someworse than others. The only thing not a little messed up was the 20% eastbay coupon LOL.

trethousandgt, best of luck on your eastbay sz12s.

pairs 2 and 3 just arrived from eastbay.

lets just say, the creasing on both left pairs is a bit deeper and much like that video. These will get returned with no exchange in site. Did you call upeastbay or just use the return label system. Im through with this crap

Back to hunting for 2000 era retro trainers

pair one looks fine from a distance:
1a035eb64080641ec051c947b70462c3f060199.jpg

right side looks fine
b0735ce14ca56630c927c080b3a4cb72eb28285.jpg

left side disaster
130351a3457e6c1fce86ce00b25620ce538245d.jpg

looks like someone hit them with a stick

pair two looks fine too. hopes are raised
143350da4c4767abc88ccb25bf5402e773411f8.jpg

right side is acceptable
040359f2466e65d3c0b7c897bddff432dccae85.jpg

9e5157416accc1b95fe90beaf429467b3aafffe.jpg

left side is dooky. the pair I have on my feet arent even creased that bad and ive had them on my feet for 2-3 weeks now

throw in your other inconsistencies like threads that arent cut to blotchy paint, to a white midsole that looks 5 years old.

so long nike sc trainers. enjoy your trip back to wisconsin

Originally Posted by briannnnn

And Nike knows most consumers aren't going to be buying these shoes for actual cross-training or any athletic purpose. They pretty much know people will wear the shoes casually or just stare at them for a couple years. With that in mind they know they can cut corners and people will still buy the shoe because of nostalgia and other factors.

Are any Nikes still made in Korea? There used to be a few shoes that were (Original Air Max 93s, some Air Max 95s, and some other shoe).

That hit the spot. Nike knows that the average Joe won't use these for performance... They also know that sneaker-heads, despite all our complaints, willstill get them, cuz a wrinkled Bo is better than a crumbling Bo. From Nike's point of view, "this is what were giving you, take it or leaveit"... for sure, they know that a majority of us won't "leave it"...

Yeah, I remember my kicks all being made in Korea (and this was in the 80's and into the 90's)... I think they started moving out of Korea towards themid-90's...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

trethousandgt, best of luck on your eastbay sz12s.

pairs 2 and 3 just arrived from eastbay.

lets just say, the creasing on both left pairs is a bit deeper and much like that video. These will get returned with no exchange in site. Did you call up eastbay or just use the return label system. Im through with this crap

Back to hunting for 2000 era retro trainers

pair one looks fine from a distance:
1a035eb64080641ec051c947b70462c3f060199.jpg

right side looks fine
b0735ce14ca56630c927c080b3a4cb72eb28285.jpg

left side disaster
130351a3457e6c1fce86ce00b25620ce538245d.jpg

looks like someone hit them with a stick

pair two looks fine too. hopes are raised
143350da4c4767abc88ccb25bf5402e773411f8.jpg

right side is acceptable
040359f2466e65d3c0b7c897bddff432dccae85.jpg

9e5157416accc1b95fe90beaf429467b3aafffe.jpg

left side is dooky. the pair I have on my feet arent even creased that bad and ive had them on my feet for 2-3 weeks now

throw in your other inconsistencies like threads that arent cut to blotchy paint, to a white midsole that looks 5 years old.

so long nike sc trainers. enjoy your trip back to wisconsin

I called up eastbay first just to make sure i had some size 12's coming my way to see if i would be lucky enough to get two pairs that didn't look likesomeone trekked across the sahara in and made sure they sent them with the initil 20% off, and then i called them and put on file that they were defective,they said that they would review them upon return so i would call them first and put that on record, im sure if they get enough complaints on these and returnsNike will take notice.

I've been told that one "cut costing" change is an actual improvement -- the gray slashguard.

Although the color is off, anyone that had the o.g.s '98 retros can verify that, even with sneaker cleaner or rain water, the gray mudguard permanentlystained and spotted easily.

This new materials on this mudguard = opposite.

*Still pissed at no carbon fiber/plastic side straps. Bastards!!!!!!!*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Although the color is off, anyone that had the o.g.s '98 retros can verify that, even with sneaker cleaner or rain water, the gray mudguard permanently stained and spotted easily.

This new materials on this mudguard = opposite.

*Still pissed at no carbon fiber/plastic side straps. Bastards!!!!!!!*
laugh.gif

Yeah my 98's spotted easily. Right now it's a weird brownish gray color.

Back
Top Bottom