Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^
icon_drink.gif

Got mine today...
smil3dbd4e5e7563a.gif
Congrats good sir!
pimp.gif
They don't touch your '00AT1's but it is what it is.

So are the blk\greys starting to show up? I am still trying to stock up on total orange pairs, lol.

I would have given the blacks a semi-pass if Nike attempted to use some kind of nubuck/suede on the upper.

But these are nothing but an altered re-release of the crappy all leather black/grays from a few years back.

Pass.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Not sure how I feel about the black gray

I mean I don't like the cheap looking quality at the moment, because I compare it to the OG, but I'm not sure if I'm buying or not.

comparing it to the OG will just leave you down and questioning Nike, enjoy the sneaker for what it is
I'm really not sure what it is. I'm trying to look at it as a new incarnation rather than a OG colorway.

Ain't nothin' like having someone steal your delivered mail. My pair was stolen this past weekend and I didn't even get to open the box. ThievesFTL.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Ain't nothin' like having someone steal your delivered mail. My pair was stolen this past weekend and I didn't even get to open the box. Thieves FTL.

That sucks man. That happen to me once with Eastbay before and I called them up and they sent me what was stolen, they were out of stock on one item though.

Ain't nothin' like having someone steal your delivered mail. My pair was stolen this past weekend and I didn't even get to open the box. Thieves FTL.

damn sorry bro, hope whoever shipped had insurance on em

Happened to many people I know in NYC...

They deliver the package, but if nobody is home they'll sometimes leave it on your doorstep and that's when it gets swiped...

I remember like 10-15 years ago my Dad caught the neighbors stealing our TV guides and this dude broke up the neighbors gutters ripped off some of their sidingand I think he might have did something to their car...

When they were asking around about what happened my Dad hit them with the "yeah doesn't it piss you off when people mess with things that belong toyou"... we got our TV guides all the time after that... neighbors eventually moved though, but I always told my old man that he took it to far damagingtheir stuff... he didn't give a rats @%% though he said they should have touched his $*%* in the first place and none of this would be going on...

Yeah kind of strayed off topic... my fault Flint...

eek.gif
Flint... sorry to hear about that... Is it the policy of the USPS tojust leave packages on the doorstep if no one's home (the ones that don't need to be signed-for, anyway)? Is there any way of getting some sort ofcompensation from the USPS? I'm glad our postmen make sure someone's home...

My white/red XX3 from Eastbay got stolen AT the post office...tracking had them making it all the way to my local hub then they disappeared and never went outfor delivery. I called and ++*%%%# to my post office...and they told me with no insurance on the package there is nothing they can do. So I asked "sopretty much you guys can steal any package that doesn't have insurance and nothing anyone can do" this guy had the nerve to tell me "in theory,yes"

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

My white/red XX3 from Eastbay got stolen AT the post office...tracking had them making it all the way to my local hub then they disappeared and never went out for delivery. I called and ++*%%%# to my post office...and they told me with no insurance on the package there is nothing they can do. So I asked "so pretty much you guys can steal any package that doesn't have insurance and nothing anyone can do" this guy had the nerve to tell me "in theory, yes"
Yeah that's what happen with mine. I was able to track it all the way to the post office, and it stopped there.

I called Eastbay though, and they looked out.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

That sucks man. That happen to me once with Eastbay before and I called them up and they sent me what was stolen, they were out of stock on one item though.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yeah kind of strayed off topic... my fault Flint...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eek.gif
Flint... sorry to hear about that... Is it the policy of the USPS to just leave packages on the doorstep if no one's home (the ones that don't need to be signed-for, anyway)? Is there any way of getting some sort of compensation from the USPS? I'm glad our postmen make sure someone's home...

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

damn sorry bro, hope whoever shipped had insurance on em
Appreciate the concern, fellas...

Good news! Despite USPS tracking number marking it delivered, I called USPS and they said the deliveryman actually decided to not the package at the doorstep& had it at the local post office for pickup. Someone just dropped them off for re-deliver
pimp.gif

SinnerP, good call - I actually spoke with the dude when he arrived - he asked whether he should leave packages at the doorstep or not - I told him never to doso.....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Like the new renditions all you want. I won't take offense to shunning an OG c/w like that. i could careless.

I gave a pass to the auburns for being somewhat close to the originals/retros. But here its a whole other story. I can't accept this

black shiny fake leather is a true sin
indifferent.gif
. its just not acceptable to me on a looks p.o.v. As someone else put it, generic comes to mind here. No true "attention to detail" moments..

id rather wear 99 cent flip flops than to accept these as Bo's and to proudly wear them on my feet. Auburns, I can do just that. These are and will remain to be TRASH in my eyes

worst butchering from nike of a classic has to be the black/white more uptempo....good lord just thinking of it
sick.gif
Agreed on both accounts....

And I think this retro rounds out the top three worst butchered retros:

2emoqbn.jpg

sick.gif

i had a $130 dollar running shoe that was never delivered to me. tracking showed it got "lost".. I legitimately didnt receive it and eastbay 2nddayed me another pair without any trouble at all.

edit: good news for you.. my pairs from eastbay are currently at the local hub. we shall see what happens now
eek.gif

FLINTGREY wrote:
Good news! Despite USPS tracking number marking it delivered, I called USPS and they said the deliveryman actually decided to not the package at the doorstep & had it at the local post office for pickup. Someone just dropped them off for re-deliver
pimp.gif

SinnerP, good call - I actually spoke with the dude when he arrived - he asked whether he should leave packages at the doorstep or not - I told him never to do so.....

Fantastic news... no red-blooded male should be deprived of his kicks.
smokin.gif

I saw the while i was out friday gotdamn back to school shopping got my pockets hurt tho but i will get these! its a must one store had them for 109.99 &the one right next to it had them for 89.99 so u know where im getting them from.

Shot out to da Big homie WallyHopp for the info and da hookups

Appreciate the concern, fellas...

Good news! Despite USPS tracking number marking it delivered, I called USPS and they said the deliveryman actually decided to not the package at the doorstep & had it at the local post office for pickup. Someone just dropped them off for re-deliver
pimp.gif

SinnerP, good call - I actually spoke with the dude when he arrived - he asked whether he should leave packages at the doorstep or not - I told him never to do so.....
Good news

They leave a little note at my house to come pick it up. They probably know my face by now. Seems like I'm there every week.

Ok I got my pairs today from eastbay, they look good, yes they are a little off compared to the original but they really do look good. There is one majorproblem BOTH my pairs came RIDICULOUSLY creased up, to the point where I need to return them. I made a video of them when they arrived and how bad the qualitywas, i mean it looks like someone took the front of both shoes stepped on them and bent them back repeatedly. No one will ever be able to tell me that Nike hasstepped their quality up and improved upon this retro.

The pre creasing is just really sad to me. It's just straight up shoddy construction. It's like the leather was pulled too tight in either a horizontalor vertical position. I have never seen leather act the way it does.. If the toebox was normally constructed and you wore them for 5 years straight, youwouldnt get some of the crease patterns that these show OUT OF THE BOX.

i mention and showed here awhile back:

79535193460e6075cd00c149ba4f961610c6447.jpg

-The waviness and bumpiness of the leather is just so unnatural.

5fc1574d64c1ccb13380a02cc11ce00dbc56187.jpg

-99 retros constructed the right way still has creasing but its a smooth creasing.

The bumpiness is straight D grade. I have b grades that look better than many of these do.

with that said, i wouldnt even really call the shoe has having a pre creasing, as its just more of a craftsmanship malfunction. Creasing doesnt work like this

lol

Nike, answer me this.. How does leather just buckle like that?

I can deal with a naturally precreased shoe just fine when its naturally occurring. here its just out of the ordinary.

Looking this bad straight out of the box, I can't wait to see what happens after a few wears.

[Stays tuned]

when i check my order status on footlocker.com it says that the status is open.I ordered them on sep.5. Whats going on?

Alright guys heres the video I made earlier Nike's quality is a straight up disgrace, I don't know how the hell they can't manage to make DECENTquality shoes anymore, its VERY VERY SAD. Just a side note, these things don't fit true to size unless your foot is the shape of a banana, i would suggesta half size up.

i got both my pairs in the mail today. the first one was from footloker, i pulled them out of the box and was sad that my brand new kicks looked like i hadalready beat them down. so those went strait onto my feet in hopes that the pair from NDC would be better. it was a little, but still very discontent with theleather and the quality of the whole shoe. i really dont know what to think about this release. i finaly doubled up on a release that i had been waiting for. iand i sit here the same day feeling like i didnt buy any new shoes

The more pics I see of these, the less I want them (without even considering the creasing issues). These are a definitely pass for me. Another good opportunityto save some bread between now and the start of next year.

Back
Top Bottom