Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

All this talk in here about quality, no one these days is going to do serious training in these. They're a casualsneaker, not a high sports performance shoe, hence why NSW produces them

They rock.

The past is the past, get over it.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

All this talk in here about quality, no one these days is going to do serious training in these. They're a casual sneaker, not a high sports performance shoe, hence why NSW produces them

They rock.

I guess this is the typical clueless consumers' response, thus why Nike feels no need to put out a quality retro. "What? You're making me pay more for a lower quality product? Great! Where can I cop?"

you both have a point^^^ but we all know what happens at the end of the day when you just want a pair of the sneakers you enjoyed so much as a kid....

as far as the raiders and beets colorway, pass on both

I went to champs yesterday a tried them on, and they felt good ( not great ), and despite the lack of quality I was still considering buying these.
But when I walked around the store in them every part on / around the toe box that could crease did crease, which disappointed me greatly.

I'm not saying I'll never buy them, because I am absolutley in love with trainer SC ( espically this color ), but I won't pay full price.
If can catch a pair on a 50% or a 30%, I'll probably get them, but for me I can't spend retail on them.

Any NY NTers that could hook me up at FTL, FL, champs that could help me out holla @ me.. Lol.

I didn't get to say it earlier because I haven't been on here in days but thanks for the beet pics.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Loving the old catalog pic
word, you get a flash of memories from eastbay to magazines.....
You speanking a foreign language to some of these kids. Before there was blog sites deeming what was cool there was Eastbay. Eastbay gave youeverything and YOU had to detremine what was cool for yourself. Eastbay was the equivalent to a Harry Potter book back in the day.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

All this talk in here about quality, no one these days is going to do serious training in these. They're a casual sneaker, not a high sports performance shoe, hence why NSW produces them

They rock.

I guess this is the typical clueless consumers' response, thus why Nike feels no need to put out a quality retro. "What? You're making me pay more for a lower quality product? Great! Where can I cop?"

QFT these dudes are straight up morons, its like someone said earlier in this thread, these people saying no one should complain about the quality are the samepeople that would return a 99 cent hamburger if it wasn't made right
laugh.gif

Both of you dudes are talking out of your %++#.

If you had a clue you'd be working for Nike.

The quality is fine, new manufacturing processes mean new materials.

When i see pics of side straps that are weaved compared with newer versions i realise that if they released exactly thesam as the OGs you lot would whine about quality even more.

They'd look OG alright, like they were made back in the day, the modern consumer wouldn't purchase it, only someold hangers on like you would, hence, a waste of time to produce.

Get real.

I'm not sure if I should even respond to the above. Being the one that started the team air trainer thread and having read through all that, i thoughtyou'd have a far different outlook.

I made past posts in here about this. $80 , $90, and $110 for quality PERFORMANCE cross trainers in 2004 and 2005. They cheapened up one model and had itmarked at $80... So why are we paying $105 for a non performance quality sneaker.

Bottomline, they are being called out because they are cheap.

Why shouldnt consumers be mad about something like this? What does working for nike have to do this? It appears you would be the perfect mold with your"its a NSW product, so lets cheapen it up since its not being trained in" mindset. no offense.. Thats what they want and achieve for at Nike.

my DS glow in the darks are yellowing, but I am glad I copped these on the 50%. Still got my Italian leathers, and my durabuck all blacks, plus a couple more.I collect SC Highs
pimp.gif

You're mistaking the angle i'm coming from Wally.

Nike are a profit making organisation. They understand the consumer, they don't make Air Trainer SC High for you, thehardcore collector, they make them for the person that walks past, likes the look and buys them.

The reason behind it all....

I understand that, regardless of whether i agree with the build quality or not.

^Not To Get In The Middle, But Let Me Ask You This.......... How Are The Cheaper Made New Retro's Any MORE Appealing To "JoeShmoe" Than The OG's With BETTER Quality And Materials And A Cheaper Price Tag?
indifferent.gif

................... Sorry But Your Argument Holds No Weight Here Son
smh.gif

PS- It's "OrganiZation"
wink.gif

People dare not have an opinion around here do they?

When i see the average 15 year old wearing them to school i'll be sure to ask him what he thinks of the buildquality....

As for me, i care less about the whole thing.

You got a gripe, write to Nike, i'm so sure they'll listen.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

PS- It's "OrganiZation"
wink.gif
Is it? Is it really?

It is in America isn't it, and the rest of the world, well, that doesn't exist....

I have a feeling i'll enjoy my SC Highs regardless of anyones opinion, yes, i will.

I wouldn't say Joe Schmoe's are buying these up... I would say we are... being sneaker afficiando's (I know I murdered that word)

It's like when RockDeep used to post the sales figures of Jordan's in the Jordan Brand section... I used to see about 125K of like the Mars IV'smoving that year and it was the highest selling I believe for that year...

People say "oh we are a small percentage of people that buy most of these sneakers"… well I think we are the entire percentage because we have 70Kmembers on here and a lot of members "double up" on good releases, like these, and not to mention the other message boards...

So when you say that they make these sneakers for the average consumer I don't believe so because we're the one's buying them up. Most older peoplethat you would consider Nike's target audience wouldn't wear something this colorful or sneakers at all for that matter, and if they do buy sneakersthey're looking for quality, price, and durability. These match none of the aforementioned...

We have all of the power, sneakerheads, but we just don't realize it... we could have anything we want with the best quality and price if we'd stopeating out of the palm of Nike's hands, but most of these newer sneakerheads are scared to miss a release or something and won't boycott Nike… One dayI think things will go back to how they were... maybe... Just my .02

It's the biggest catch 22 of them all. NIKE has us by the balls. I don't believe neccersarily that do we have any sort of power.

Nike is very short sighted in many regards. They view a unsuccessful retro as being a colorway failure, moreso than the QUALITY of the materials.. If a sctrainer auburn like these FAILS now, why would they come back out with better materials? Instead they will go the route they have gone before, and go with someLS-inspired crap. From 2001 to 2009, thats literally all you saw out of the sc trainers, atIIIs, and AT1s.... So now when something like this comes out, do youEMBRACE it? and hope the success spurs more colorways like this or do you let it fail and see nike come out with LS colorways.

Quality to them has never been the issue. I don't believe we have any power at all. they have us by the balls. if you like something even just remotely,you better buy and embrace that product, or else we may never see that again. The sad part is, when you Buy, you basically accept that the quality is"good enough" to buy. so why would they ever improve? It's a downward spiral to hell imo

man.....i love these shoes! i wish i could relive the moment i bought them! LOL and i dont know why people talking smack about the price. 105 is good forme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the people who don't give a crap about quality are those who've never owned or held an OG in their hands. The difference is remarkablystunning. I encourage anyone who disagrees, find an OG or a retro of a shoe made before 2003 and I guarantee you'll appreciate or understand what us"whiners" are talking about.

Man i was a little dissapointed with the quality of these when i got them. but i just put them on and rocked them. they are great. glad i got a back up. itseems like some cats on here think if they complain enough then they will get there way.. i think that comes from thier childhood, when their parents said nothey whined till thier parents said yes. cats like me never got anything from whining so i dont. come on , either cop it or dont cop it, dont complain in adozen posts about how you are so upset with the quality , and the fit, and then say oh yeah by the way i am thinking about getting a third pair:smh:

64 pages and almost half are due to disputes over quality. i think we all get the point that this shoe does not meet the standards of everyone. why not make aseparate thread regarding poor quality retros directed against nike and get that negative garbage out of this thread? i know this is my personal opinion so iam not looking to start a flame throwing session with anyone.

Originally Posted by jeremymacky

64 pages and almost half are due to disputes over quality. i think we all get the point that this shoe does not meet the standards of everyone. why not make a separate thread regarding poor quality retros directed against nike and get that negative garbage out of this thread? i know this is my personal opinion so i am not looking to start a flame throwing session with anyone.

x2

Back
Top Bottom