Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

thanks for the heads up regarding the poor craftsmanship of this shoe......was thinking of geting them online

To dudes complaining about the other's complaining... this is a message board that discusses sneakers so I believe they have every right to.

Also, they paid with their hard earned money so of they can give their feedback on the product, be it good or bad.

You don't want to hear about it... don't come back in the thread, use the ignore feature, or just scroll down.

Why shouldn't they let people know who doesn't have a pair yet or are thinking about buying a pair that good and bad about the product?

/

I dare not read any of the above.....heading out the door to buy the OG orange now.........regardless......cos i love em,that simple.

My respects to Wally though, who's opinion i value.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Loving the old catalog pic
word, you get a flash of memories from eastbay to magazines.....
You speanking a foreign language to some of these kids. Before there was blog sites deeming what was cool there was Eastbay. Eastbay gave you everything and YOU had to detremine what was cool for yourself. Eastbay was the equivalent to a Harry Potter book back in the day.
laugh.gif
so true.i can still vividly remember fighting over thecatalogs with my big brother.i think i still have a couple from '96 stored somewhere.

all this hoopla over nothing.i suggest people try these out themselves and make their decision to buy or not buy.the only opinion that should matter ultimatelyis your own.

you got to remember nike doesnt care about collectors or people in general as long as they got people camping out and waiting online and selling out of shoestheir looking at profit if you stop buying as 1 person then 500 people will keep buying thats the point

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

I think the people who don't give a crap about quality are those who've never owned or held an OG in their hands. The difference is remarkably stunning. I encourage anyone who disagrees, find an OG or a retro of a shoe made before 2003 and I guarantee you'll appreciate or understand what us "whiners" are talking about.

Speaking of which - I found a 2000/2001 retro of the white/grey/columbia blue ones at a local spot today and just holding them in my hands...they feel almostindestructable compared to shotty job of the 09's. Man it makes me sad thinking about the quality back then.

You speanking a foreign language to some of these kids. Before there was blog sites deeming what was cool there was Eastbay. Eastbay gave you everything and YOU had to detremine what was cool for yourself. Eastbay was the equivalent to a Harry Potter book back in the day.

Word! I remember back in middle and HS, the first person to bring their Eastbay catalog to school was considered cool for the day. And that same exact Eastbaycatalog will circulate around the school and probably pass through 80+ people within the course of the day. That's how significant the content of thecatalog was given the fact Nike put out some real nice stuff. Granted I couldn't even afford a pair of Adidas in there at the time, the appreciation forthe stuff in there was insurmountable. Which is probably why I buy a whole bunch of these things today
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

To dudes complaining about the other's complaining... this is a message board that discusses sneakers so I believe they have every right to.

Also, they paid with their hard earned money so of they can give their feedback on the product, be it good or bad.

You don't want to hear about it... don't come back in the thread, use the ignore feature, or just scroll down.

Why shouldn't they let people know who doesn't have a pair yet or are thinking about buying a pair that good and bad about the product?

/
I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand

I don't have any major problem with the materials orthe build of the shoes. Granted, they are not the OGs or the '98 retros. Itis regrettable that they were made more for casual wear than the OGs. This has become a trend with a lot of retros thatI wish would stop.

My main complaint is about Nike's pitiful qualitycontrol on these SC retros. I have yet to find a pair without cosmetic flaws of some kind: creases, smudges, glue marks, paint defects, etc. I know they are only cosmetic, but a person paying for a new pair of shoes should get a pair that actually looksNEW. I don't think this is asking too much. In fact, Ithink this is the minimum that a customer expects, and Nike hasn't even delivered in this respect.

I have never seen another shoe that has so manywidespread cosmetic defects across the board as these. I've seen several pairs, and they're all like this tosome degree or another. This is one of my all-time favorite shoes, so I was really looking forward to this retro eversince I heard about it last year. I'm sorry to say that it has been a real let down. Simply put: Nike couldhave and should have done a much better job.

I know this post is the good ole' NT slogan ("useless without pics")...

But one of my brothers ordered his pair from Fline.com.

The left shoe, literally, has a gash on the front toe area. Like, someone sliced it.

Looks like "whoever" at the factory "fixed" it with a white paint, that doesn't match the leather.

I couldn't make this up.

Next time I'm at his house -- I'll take pics and post.

You gotta see it to believe it.

He's gonna ship them directly back to Nike, in fear and unfairness of them being resold to someone else if returned to FLine.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

The left shoe, literally, has a gash on the front toe area. Like, someone sliced it.

Looks like "whoever" at the factory "fixed" it with a white paint, that doesn't match the leather.

I couldn't make this up.

He's gonna ship them directly back to Nike, in fear and unfairness of them being resold to someone else if returned to FLine.
Yo that is crazy but not surprising. Post pics if you can, I really have to see this

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

Their also real comfy shoes

I doubt that man, they don't even go by your size. They are like the Foamposites, you gotta get a half size bigger for them to fit. I wear a size 10, justabout all my kicks are a 10 and I got my Bo's in a 10, but I was in a rush, that when I tried them on I didn't really get a good feel of the shoe on myfoot till I got home and really tried them on. Now they just are a bit too tight on me. I was going to sell them but I don't want to go through the troubleof finding another pair since the one I got now took me forever to find a store that had them. I did the best I could in stretching them out. I guess over timethey'll break in good. I had to do a special trick on the toe box since they where creasing up bad, especially on one part that makes it look like you havea camel toe..lol,, looks real good now.

I have been wearing my pair off and on for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love this shoe. This shoe originally was released when I was 13 years old so Ididnt even care how the quality of my pair back then stacked up. I had the shoe cuz Bo Jackson was one of my heroes as a kid. Back then you had one pair ofshoes and you beat it to death until your parents would buy you another pair. So as far as I am concerned I am thankful to get to have this shoe again and donteven care what the quality was like 18 years ago compared to now. The nostalgia of wearing a shoe again and honoring Bo is enough for me. **flame suit on**

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I couldn't make this up.

eek.gif
tired.gif
now i've heard of poor quality, but a straight buck50? thats out of controland if you can, post those pics if u go by his casa before he ships them back...doesnt matter if he sends them back to nike, they will be sold in some way,shape, or form

I'll have a pic up by late Friday.

Hopefully this thread isn't locked before then.

"marley" said:
I have been wearing my pair off and on for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love this shoe. This shoe originally was released when I was 13 years old so I didnt even care how the quality of my pair back then stacked up. I had the shoe cuz Bo Jackson was one of my heroes as a kid. Back then you had one pair of shoes and you beat it to death until your parents would buy you another pair. So as far as I am concerned I am thankful to get to have this shoe again and dont even care what the quality was like 18 years ago compared to now. The nostalgia of wearing a shoe again and honoring Bo is enough for me. **flame suit on**

Dude, no flame suit needed. Excellent post.

Many "older heads" (especially those who buy Jordan Brand products) fall into this category.

Take it or leave it stance. After 10+ years, most just do the "jedi-mind trick" to accept what's been offered.

It is what it is.

I was the very first to "complain" about the quality of these (check back pages) before they dropped everywhere.

I mean damn, even our beloved "Wallyhoop" has taken a turn, and that's when shhhh hit the fan for me.
laugh.gif

It's not by choice, it's (literally) by force....................................

from pg 64:

modzzilla, about your 15 yr old average consumer comment. Kids these days like looking fresh if not more than the older folks around. They may be blinded bythe jordans and their quality, but you best believe they'll have keen eye on spending their money elsewhere. "this shoe looks used. id rather spend mymoney on these (crappy) jordans". its a uphill battle for bo's.

soleaddict34, good point. I feel like my grandparents or parents.. "the way things used to be". have we changed so much in 8 years that it'llnever be the same? I tried wearing my 97 raiders the other day. 10 more steps in those and hte left midsole is in 1000 pieces. so soft, so clean, so nice. Youalmost expect and DEMAND the best after seeing what Nike has done in the past. It's not like another company made this shoe. its nikes own work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on another note

ill stress this again.. the comfort is there and likely that's the only saving grace to this release. It's truly one of the only and biggest pluses ofthem all. With about 5 other negatives stacked against this model, comfort stands up and defeats all of the bad. That may be partially why i'm stillholding onto my two extra pairs. 8 years from now all I may want out of a pair is one to look somewhat white and decent looking compared to a trashed andabused pair that needs a replacement.. thats where my stance lies. It doesn't hurt that when I have these on, my confidence rises. as cliche and cheesy asthat may sound. New born nostalgia is being created.

the quality argument lies with the fact Nike picks and chooses what materials are used on certain shoes. They ask themselves "what can we get away withfor this certain model". I'm a business man myself and understand capitalism and all that supply.demand stuff all too well. Of course it's good"business" for Nike to do what they do. That doesn't mean We can't still complain and cause some commotion out there. Bottom line, they couldgive us the right stuff but they don't have to.

Just give it some common sense though. In 97-00, SC trainers were retailing at $99.99 with great materials.. Fast forward to 2009. With molds already in place,R&D down to zero, marketing non existent, and technology ever improving, they raise the price and drop the quality. Only one thing is happening here,Nike's profit margin is widening. and thats why 90% of what i have is pre 2005 nikes

almost forgot.. some stuff ive found online over the years.. taking you back to the original:

Tinker Hatfield Sketch:

Air Trainer S.C.
General Mission Statement:
No Great Innovations
But Incremental Improvements
In Existing Product.
Eg LT Wt. (low cen?) P.U. Midsole
Simplified External Web Tech System
Improved Molded Ankle Collar
Improved Forefoot Strap System

The Product Needs To Be Vigriously Tested
for Function and Durability

2e625664c463ccb3c20b05511ba8dabacf4b11b.jpg

-Photo depicts what is likely the original infrared and auburn colorways. A bit different than what has released.

Catalog Scan:
48a15d4568c4c6bc42af209cf47b2fac91e17d0.jpg

-Not this year Bo. My pair would fall apart.

Anyone know French..
French Catalog scans:
ce7155486ccac3bc313a4a28ca996ddf73f6d54.jpg
cdb25694ca6c9c2ccf1bcf34eb861719684032e.jpg
d1d358f14b486abdc12ac3c3b5c2d87bbd574e3.jpg
6ef15d4f66c6ceb82ae53464d4d22a45f458d48.jpg

A look at a 2nd tier Nike Cross Trainer III, a brother of the sc trainer III. It hares many of the same elements as the signature sc trainer III. But carries alife of its own. Cheaper price point too.

d6f256e492630cabc12b8600e423d3256950464.jpg

US Patent image of the sc trainer III:

cc5356f8476f648ccfbbc910b51629eec43a845.png

Part of the problem is them cardboard shoe horns that come in the shoe
smh.gif
I take em out as soon as I buy any Nikes.

Also being a fan of tennis shoes my whole life I hate how new shoes smell these days. I used to literally sit up all night and look and smell my new shoes thenight I got them.

Things aren't the same but then again nothing is. People that were there, were there.

Back
Top Bottom