OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
These are closer to a Trainer upper. Not at all a Racer upper.

Go ahead and compare the 2. Look at the flywire on a Trainer vs a Racer.

- Trainer flywire straight lines vs Racers flywire curve towards the heel area
- Trainer = 8 flywire vs Racer = about 18 flywire

i was really just looking at the toe box and panels. nothing too in depth :lol:
you're probably right though.

another angle

Last edited:
Heads up, just picked these up before anyone could throw away the box. Copped for $30 with my employee discount from the rack. These were the only pair that came in, or we just got lucky, and the only pair got sent to my store? They are going to be on the floor for 59.99 if you find them.

i was really just looking at the toe box and panels. nothing too in depth
laugh.gif

you're probably right though.

another angle
Ah true.

Just wanted to measure your expectations in case you decided to take on the custom job.

Trainer and Racer uppers are very different in the details. Let alone the silhouette.

Another mashup from jwdanklefs, this time with a Trainer upper:

Trainers >>>>>>>>>> Racers when it comes to being paired with a LR sole. These are awesome.

Last edited:
Those who have the black/white trainers is the black midline flat black or is it glossy? I'm repainting mine right now and the flat black looks weird some how.

Last edited:
Those who have the black/white trainers is the black midline flat black or is it glossy? I'm repainting mine right now and the flat black looks weird some how.
Never painted mine but I can tell you that the finish on them is a bit on the glossy side.

Heads up, just picked these up before anyone could throw away the box. Copped for $30 with my employee discount from the rack. These were the only pair that came in, or we just got lucky, and the only pair got sent to my store? They are going to be on the floor for 59.99 if you find them.

Sweet deal! I wouldn't mind getting this in my size 11 U.S. for $30! Haha.

No just the paint..
add some matte finisher and wipe it slowly .. i dont see how different it would be different ive painted a plethora of flyknits 

there is a tiny minute difference that is unnoticeable, unless you are flashing the light on the paint and trying to find imperfections

add some matte finisher and wipe it slowly .. i dont see how different it would be different ive painted a plethora of flyknits 
there is a tiny minute difference that is unnoticeable, unless you are flashing the light on the paint and trying to find imperfections
I don't even have that lol. I just have the paint and the acrylic finisher.

for some reason i was thinking a racer upper on a lunar sole would something similar to this. (not in this color of course)

These are closer to a Trainer upper. Not at all a Racer upper.

Go ahead and compare the 2. Look at the flywire on a Trainer vs a Racer.

- Trainer flywire straight lines vs Racers flywire curve towards the heel area
- Trainer = 8 flywire vs Racer = about 18 flywire

they're HTM TRAINERS, man. you're over thinking it. lmao @ "closer to a trainer upper" thats exactly what they are...

I really cant imagine how that soleswapping works, I would def. ruin two pair of shoes

Back
Top Bottom