OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
Someone stole my Black/White Flyknit trainers from my car the other day and I was so heated... I haven't been here in a while so is there any remote chance that they are rereleasing trainers? :frown:

Last edited:
Since it's about to be pants season in Cali. For those that don't pin roll or wear joggers. What pants do you guys wear because I always pin roll, and don't like that loose pants look with racers
Cuffed pants all day with racers. It doesnt have to be joggers, jack and jones has got some nice cuffed pants or scotch and soda on the picture below, I love these pant

Or the publish legacy is veeery nice too

I guess the hype caught on too late for the trainers, I remember seeing most of the color ways in outlet stores. I'd kill for them to rerelease the og cws

Last edited:

flyknit trainers gotta come back i like them better than racers
I think the general consensus of why they stopped producing them was that they are more expensive to produce than Racers since they use more Flyknit material and have heel and forefoot zoom in the sole, compared to just forefoot zoom in the Racers.

On another note, my attempt at a sole swap is coming along pretty nicely. Definitely messed up some parts (which was inevitable since it's my first try), but I think taking your time heating and prying, as Lemon suggested, is the key. It takes a super long time to separate the Racer soles cleanly so I'm going to have to remove the excess sole with pliers and a blow dryer. Lunaracers come in tomorrow from Jimmy Jazz and I'm going to try the boiling water method Lemon shared and let y'all know how that goes. Here's a (rough) sneak peek:

I think the general consensus of why they stopped producing them was that they are more expensive to produce than Racers since they use more Flyknit material and have heel and forefoot zoom in the sole, compared to just forefoot zoom in the Racers.

On another note, my attempt at a sole swap is coming along pretty nicely. Definitely messed up some parts (which was inevitable since it's my first try), but I think taking your time heating and prying, as Lemon suggested, is the key. It takes a super long time to separate the Racer soles cleanly so I'm going to have to remove the excess sole with pliers and a blow dryer. Lunaracers come in tomorrow from Jimmy Jazz and I'm going to try the boiling water method Lemon shared and let y'all know how that goes. Here's a (rough) sneak peek:
But if you think about it thats not really an excuse because people will buy them now, trainers wont last a day in stores and 2 there are plenty other shoes that cost much more and have more technology that dont sell and they still produce them. just my opinion though 

what sole are you putting on the racers?

I'll consider doing this to my Cheetos first when they have > 400mi and if the soles are done.

Last edited:

But if you think about it thats not really an excuse because people will buy them now, trainers wont last a day in stores and 2 there are plenty other shoes that cost much more and have more technology that dont sell and they still produce them. just my opinion though 

what sole are you putting on the racers?
Lunaracer 3s (like Lemon/HTMs) are the soles I'll be using. And I think that Nike knows they could just make Racers for cheaper, have them sell out anyways, and continue to build the hype around Flyknit and hopefully release a Trainer again in the future and charge $200+. Just my .02
I'll consider doing this to my Cheetos first when they have > 400mi and if the soles are done.
It will take a decent amount of time (1-2 hours per shoe) just to take off the soles, so keep that in mind. I think the Cheetos would look great with a LR sole so please share if you end up doing it! 

Last edited:
Man, I had no idea these different co lo ors were going for so much. Ive been wearing my Cheetos, Lucid Green, Multi 1s to the gym for months. Still in great condition, I'm cashing out on these.... tuis is crazy. #sold

It will take a decent amount of time (1-2 hours per shoe) just to take off the soles, so keep that in mind. I think the Cheetos would look great with a LR sole so please share if you end up doing it! 

Any Flyknit upper atop an LR sole will look good. #winbydefault :smokin

Good to know! I'll definitely share. Keep us posted as well! :smokin Also, are you planning to do the reverse swap (LR3 upper on the FKR sole)?

Any Flyknit upper atop an LR sole will look good. #winbydefault
smokin.gif

Good to know! I'll definitely share. Keep us posted as well!
smokin.gif
Also, are you planning to do the reverse swap (LR3 upper on the FKR sole)?
I will definitely keep y'all posted!. I don't really see my FKR soles or LR3 uppers being usable after what I did to them, so probably not 
roll.gif

Plus the neon/volt sole and red upper wouldn't look so good in my opinion. I'm more concerned with the comfort of the Racers, because I love the uppers/profile of the Flyknit, but hate the narrow sole.

Back
Top Bottom