OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Is there something wrong with a business blatantly attempting to increase the popularity and demand of one of their assets? I don get your point. How are they trying to rape a line they created? None of this rant made sense other than the Olympic not being that great of a colorway. Even in person they dont look like anything special. Its a business strategy for their product, not sure why any of us would assume they would consider a consumer's "feelings" while trying to boost their bottom line. Just consider the shoe industry a mirror image of the music industry, the popularity of it has taken its innocence in a full on money grab with such potential until the bottom falls out.

Why does it not make any sense? My point was to say that Nike is turning the KD line into another hype filled shoe. Which is true. I'm upset at what Nike is doing with the KD IV, I never said that there is anything wrong with the business side of what they are doing? I am talking from a consumer's point of view, which is exactly what I am. If I was studying Nike as a business and from a shareholder or business/marketing student's point of view I would be very objective and applaud the direction they are taking the KD line in.

I can understand your point of view perfectly fine but you are viewing the topic from a different perspective than I am, which is probably why little of it makes sense to you. As an avid KD, nike and especially KD IV fan, I would like to see the shoes and EVERY colorway readily available for consumer purchase at the retail price. However, this is impossible and I know that. The ASG, WM, Nerfs, ST, all deserve a 'limited' release (such is the sneaker industry these days). However, I was saying that the Kobe USA and Lebron soldier USA were both made readily available to the public but Nike decided to exclude the KD IV from this GR release. As a business/marketing student, I can completely understand why. As a fan and consumer, I am clearly upset at the direction Nike is taking. The USA "should have" been a GR but because they see an opportunity to grow the KD line, they took a limited release approach. As a fan I am annoyed that a seemingly GR colorway was given an ultra limited tag.

Also, if you read, my other point was that people are hyping up the USA colorway simply because it is limited. Statements such as: "less #s than STs" , "these will be WM status", if this colorway was a GR, then obviously these statements would have no merit. But seeing as this colorway is no way NEAR as detailed or unique as STs, let alone WM.... you can clearly see that the hype is simply carried by the 'limited' tag. It is obvious. Therefore the 'limited' tag is what is causing these $300 prices. And as my post continues.... I go on to state that I'd much rather purchase ASGs or STs at that price than USAs (simply my own opinion after I have analyzed the situation).

A topic can have more than one point of view, try to understand and comprehend a situation from somewhere other than your own perch, it will benefit you in the future. If you have any more questions about my post and where my point of view is coming from, please don't hesitate to ask.

I told you guys before the release... Nike had originally planned NOT to release this shoe to the public (for whatever reason)..... however, the popularity of theline made it evident that they needed to release them in some form or fashion. These are way more limited than the Scoring Titles....

If you think the S/T and Olympics were hard to get, wait until the gold medals lol

I told you guys before the release... Nike had originally planned NOT to release this shoe to the public (for whatever reason)..... however, the popularity of theline made it evident that they needed to release them in some form or fashion. These are way more limited than the Scoring Titles....
If you think the S/T and Olympics were hard to get, wait until the gold medals lol

I remember you saying that, and I agree about the Medals. It's going to be war.

glad that i don't even what the gold medals

lol there's nothing special about the gold medals. it's just the copper/x-mas colorway with a icy blue outsole, speckled midsole and a red swoosh. bascially a "souped up" x-mas colorway.

and lol @ ppl hyping up the USAs to WM status. They might be more limited than the STs, but no way is it more limited than the Nerfs, WMs or APs. None of the 3 aforementioned colorway even hit NDC.

I couldn't care less about this whole nike business marketing thing. I just want a pair of kd iv for retail!!!
Struck out for st now olympic, probably gold metal too. :x

lol there's nothing special about the gold medals. it's just the copper/x-mas colorway with a icy blue outsole, speckled midsole and a red swoosh. bascially a "souped up" x-mas colorway.
and lol @ ppl hyping up the USAs to WM status. They might be more limited than the STs, but no way is it more limited than the Nerfs, WMs or APs. None of the 3 aforementioned colorway even hit NDC.

The idea in itself is special... we are talking about a shoe that represents the USA winning GOLD at the olympics.... The shoe in person is a different color than the xmas...

Might just make these Taxi's as a consolation for missing out. Don't want to pay reseller prices. :smh:

500x1000px-a9a0b35c_SideKDTaxi.jpeg

Last edited:
i just copped scoring titles.. KDs are sick and i cant wait for the golden moment to release this month

These are ok but the lebron 9 low version just pops so much more. Ah well. I still need to oranges and black historys. I see them a lot in bigger sizes but never my 9 which is strange because w a common size I'd think more would be produced.

Dang people writing books in here :lol: Who cares guys its a $95 shoe.....

One thing I did think of though... What if Nike did this JUST so all of us would go to iD pairs that look like them and pay the $140 instead of $95 if they released these in large quantities? :rolleyes

Dang people writing books in here :lol: Who cares guys its a $95 shoe.....
One thing I did think of though... What if Nike did this JUST so all of us would go to iD pairs that look like them and pay the $140 instead of $95 if they released these in large quantities? :rolleyes

The conspiracy theories get better every day lol :lol:

Thanks for the heads up. Will be trying to find a pre-order for non rape price lol

lol woke up at 730 am to try and cop on ndc.

fell back asleep and woke up at noon.

smh. lol i was prob gonna cop to sell anways.

wish they woulda dropped a proper LBJ US CW

Back
Top Bottom