OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

am i the only one that have been wowed by the GMs, im more disappointed if anything!!! i had very high hopes for this pair as well

idk what it is bout they really dnt catch my eye 

Finally a win win situation for sneakerheads. Buy the id version or just wait for the resellers to give up.
Them iD's ugly to me. The USA's are coming down in price and so are the Scoring Titles. I've seen USA's for 190-200 and ST for 240-250 local pickup and 270 shipped which way down from before. Just be patient and get the USA's for about 20+ of the iD price, it'll be worth the wait. Regardless what other shoe he wear the USA's were the official release and KD's gone get retro'd so when ya kid in line gettin em 20 years later you can be like I had those or still have yours. Mine will probably be beat by then cuz i'm wearin these joints til I can't no more. 

Im gonna try my luck on getting a couple pairs of GM's. If not, I'll cop some ID's that I created a while back.

Where was it confirmed by Nike that the Gold Medals would drop on the 18th? I know various sneaker sites have mentioned it but its not on Nike's release list. I'm wondering because KD has been wearing the ID's in the last 2 games and the ID's are the only shoes available for KD on NDC, possibly because those are the last KD IV's gonna be made available. IDK, just asking...

I will try my luck at GMs, if I strike out oh well. Back on the hunt for the USAs (and not for those crazy prices).

GMs look a lot nicer in the pic on the previous page than they did in the first two that showed up a few weeks ago.

Where was it confirmed by Nike that the Gold Medals would drop on the 18th? I know various sneaker sites have mentioned it but its not on Nike's release list. I'm wondering because KD has been wearing the ID's in the last 2 games and the ID's are the only shoes available for KD on NDC, possibly because those are the last KD IV's gonna be made available. IDK, just asking...
I've called up niketown and both HOH in the vegas area and all of them said there not getting them and they havent heard anything about them. Smh either they wont be dropping on the 18th or nike is gonna do a surprise release and there gonna be really limited. 

I just talked to a source that is, lets just say very "close" with KD himself. She said they will drop soon. I'm editing and uploading pics as I type this...:smokin

Yep copped my USA kds for $175 last week.

Crazy to say this, but that is fairly "reasonable" these days all things considered...:smh: I got mine for about 20 bucks cheaper, and sad to say I nearly considered it a steal...I like the GMs, but I won't be disappointed if I don't get 'em. I don't particularly like the way the gold color from these or the copper XMas looks on feet. Its ok, but nothing I would say I am desperate to have. IMO, the top 5 KD4 CWs are:

WM
Texas
ST3s
Rogues
T5- Entourage, Homes, Aways

Honorable Mention- GR "creams, Nerfs (only because they were so ltd), Olympics

New Pics Of GM's Definitely Have RePeaked My Interest In This Shoe....Those Rubbery *** Shots From Before Were NOT Cutting It :lol:

Any Chance Of An On Foot Lace Swap Shot TWNTY8?

Being Out Here In Colorado Makes Releases Like This One Damn Near Impossible To Obtain :smh:

Last edited:
So, as some of you may know, or remember, I'm at the olympics. As I'm leaving the arena today, I catch a glimpse of gold out of the corner of my eye. I look down and this lady is rocking the GM's. I quickly rush up to her and pat her on the shoudler and say, "Excuse me miss, where and how did you get the Gold medals? They look so awesome!"....to which she responds, "Oh sweetie, it was easy. THEY ARE MY SON'S SHOES!"......at this point I put 2 + 2 together and figure out, I'm talking with none other than Mama Durant! I tell her I'm a huge fan of her son. I also ask if she was aware of the crazy things us sneakerheads do to get her son's shoes? She said of course, and at that moment offers me her shoes right off her feet!!! Unfortunately she was a 9.5 and I'm a 13 so she said she couldn't do it. She said they would be coming out real soon but she didn't know anything else besides that. I managed to take a pic of the shoes before I started talking to her, and then one pic together.

(CLICK FOR A BIGGER IMAGE!)

Yup, I look like a total dweeb with a white T and tucked in jersey. Damn nike for making the jerseys so damn long, it would have looked like a dress on me if I hadn't. And I'm certainly not jacked enough to rock a jersey with no undershirt. Oh well, can't front, still riding high on the win and the meeting. At least it was a KD jersey! :smokin

Last edited:
Kenny- if you don't mind how much did this trip cost you? Also how much were the tickets to the games and other events? I plan on going to Rio. If you don't want to post prices in here pm me. Thanks in advance

Kenny- if you don't mind how much did this trip cost you? Also how much were the tickets to the games and other events? I plan on going to Rio. If you don't want to post prices in here pm me. Thanks in advance

I dont know how it was done for the London 2012 Olympics but from what I remember of the 96 Olympics held in Atlanta it cost me a pretty penny. All the tickets were done on a lottery system. You would choose and pay for your tickets in advance and you werent even guaranteed them. Once they choose and pick your selection of games you were told what events you got from the selections you chose and paid for. If you didnt get picked for certain games you paid for you were refunded. Tickets for events ranged from different prices from what I recall. I went to Opening and Closing ceremonies and those were crazy expensive. It ranged from a couple hundred into the thousands. Opening ceremonies if you could see were very organized. Closing ceremonies was totally fun since you would see alot of the athletes hanging out in the open. Ive met several athletes during closing ceremonies. Here is some advice if you plan on going to games start booking your hotel ASAP. Lots of places will sell out quick that are close to the games. If not plan on travelling to locations. Also the games are not cheap at all. Its a once in a lifetime experience. Meeting many different people from different countries. This is my experience from the Olympics. Others may be different.

Phnrprman- good looking. For some reason I had a 8-12k range in my head for everything or at least that's was the range I wanted to stay in. Been to playoffs, finals, asg etc. I want to do something that I'll never forget.

damn that's crazy you got to meet her stumbling on her wearing the GMs. Good thing you figured out who she was, shame on you not knowing how she looks like though :tongue: She probably thought you were lying that you were a big fan of KD wearing Lebrons. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom