OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Go figure my 13 is sold out for the GMs on air-knight. I was gonna use them to trade with a dude locally for some rogues and $100 bucks on top of that. Greaaaat... Lol

Didn't someone in the NBA play in the Yeezy 1's? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly :nerd:

I think Gilbert Arenas was going to .. but never did. http://counterkicks.com/2011/02/guess-which-game-gilbert-arenas-wears-air-yeezy/

On a side note I'm really not surprised about China getting the packaging and not US.

What some people don't realize is Nike see's the US Market as a Cash Cow and China as a Star when it comes to the BCG/Boston Matrix which compares market growth and market share. Basically meaning where should they invest.

"Cash cows are units with high market share in a slow-growing industry. These units typically generate cash in excess of the amount of cash needed to maintain the business. They are regarded as staid and boring, in a "mature" market, and every corporation would be thrilled to own as many as possible. They are to be "milked" continuously with as little investment as possible, since such investment would be wasted in an industry with low growth.

Stars are units with a high market share in a fast-growing industry. The hope is that stars become the next cash cows. Sustaining the business unit's market leadership may require extra cash, but this is worthwhile if that's what it takes for the unit to remain a leader. When growth slows, stars become cash cows if they have been able to maintain their category leadership, or they move from brief stardom to dogdom."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth-share_matrix

And before anyone says that wikipedia is not a reliable source, I have studied/learned BCG/Boston Matrix in college and this is fairly accurate.

No you're absolutely correct on the BCG model, and I can see what you're saying. I guess it's the sense of entitlement people in the US have lol. From a business standpoint it makes complete sense to do what Nike is doing.

Also add to it the fact that China alone has 300 million basketball fans, approximately the number of people in the US, and it's almost a no-brainer to market products the way they are.

The dude actually traded me some pretty worn Durant galaxy (8/10) for my (9/10) cdp 11s. Was that still a good deal?
yes!!!!1 jordans will always retro pssssst in a 5 yr span those with the dec release will have been retroed twice!!!!

Last edited:
yes!!!!1 jordans will always retro pssssst in a 5 yr span those with the dec release will have been retroed twice!!!!
that is true. what i was thinking too, i can just get another pair in december but the durants arent ever gonna come out again. i love the galaxy durants but they are just in a lot worst condition than the jordans.
eh im satisfied with them though. its completing my galaxy pack.

What's a price check on the Weathermans these days? I got offered DS South Beaches. Is that a fair trade?

Weatherman's have jumped up way too high, remember when those were like 300. That would have been a steal.

F the statistical talk about why China is getting special boxes and such. That's irrelevant in this case. This shoe is supposed to commemorate Team USA and their win representing the United States. How they get these shoes first, with special packaging and player visits is beyond me, but whatever. And don't forget the fact that we (U.S. consumers) will be left to scramble for these. 

Back
Top Bottom