OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

To everyone with the galaxy's that has worn them, how's the glow holding up compared to when they were DS?

Mine have been worn probably 7 times im guessing, maybe 8 or 9 even. The fron part towards the toe that is like thicker still glows really well, but the bottoms have yellowed and are a little dirty, so they dont glow too much. It faded quite a bit on the bottom. But the front and like the sides of the front glow really well still.

Mine have been worn probably 7 times im guessing, maybe 8 or 9 even. The fron part towards the toe that is like thicker still glows really well, but the bottoms have yellowed and are a little dirty, so they dont glow too much. It faded quite a bit on the bottom. But the front and like the sides of the front glow really well still.
How bad is it when they yellow? That's one of my biggest concerns which is why I clean mine after every use. Are they kind of greenish yellow when they start to yellow? I've notice my LBJ9 Big Bangs are kind of like that. I just wanted to know if they are the same. 

Hey guys a craigslister is offering me a pair of creams in my.size for $95
Theyre vnds n look pretty clean in the pics, is that a fair price? Im just not a fan of pre-worn kicks

If they're in good condition then I'd say yeah, considering you're basically paying retail for a shoe that I can't find anywhere other than eBay, then again I'm a size 13. If they're not too worn or scuffed up then I'd do it.

Got my GM's in today. I really like them and obviously have the backstory (meeting KD's mom at the olympics wearing them) so I had to have them pretty much at any cost. Glad I got them early and can relax since I've struck out on all RD's for the limited KD's. I'll post pics later tonight after work. The gold speckles are amazing. It didn't come in the amazing packaging even though it came from Asia. :smh: but still happy I pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Finally Un-DS'd my KD iD "Taxi's" after swapping the black for the secondary red laces.  I wore them for a few hours at an indoor gathering... Turned several heads and received a ton of compliments.  I love them, but they may be too bright for me too pull off...  Is there any secondary market for KD iD's?  If not, I'm sure I can return them to my local Nike Outlet store (they still look DS) and order a different design.  

Got mine in, they are great

185180_558860290394_921109448_n.jpg

Finally Un-DS'd my KD iD "Taxi's" after swapping the black for the secondary red laces.  I wore them for a few hours at an indoor gathering... Turned several heads and received a ton of compliments.  I love them, but they may be too bright for me too pull off...  Is there any secondary market for KD iD's?  If not, I'm sure I can return them to my local Nike Outlet store (they still look DS) and order a different design.  

I remember seeing these kicks when you first got them in and posted pics, and back then and even still, one of the cleanest KD iD's I've ever seen. :smokin

Those are nice!

Dunno about returns though, if you feel that they are different from the computer image then you may have a case...

Maybe ring a Nike store and ask what the deal is?

How bad is it when they yellow? That's one of my biggest concerns which is why I clean mine after every use. Are they kind of greenish yellow when they start to yellow? I've notice my LBJ9 Big Bangs are kind of like that. I just wanted to know if they are the same. 

Yup its exactly that. It doesn't turn the piss yellow color that clear soles do or blue tinted like concords. It turns more of a greenish color. I can try to post a pic of them if you'd like but I tried one time and the camera didn't capture it and they looked DS :rofl: I know what you mean, I have a pair of Bangs too, but mine are still DS but still show very minor spots of green.

I need more on feet KD GM pics before I pull the trigger above retail...can y'all post some looks? (ex jeans vs shorts)

Skip to 1:24 and he explains it.

I got home and my GoldMedals came in form AirKnight, nice surprise! Very similar to the Coppers, but they have a more shiny finish. Overall pleased.
Last Friday, I also got the KD ID's that he wore in the GoldMedal game, the plain white with the Navy blue accents and the red laces, very simple and very clean colorway!:D

If someone can PM me and tell me how to download pics, I would appreciate it.:nerd:

They did release in Asia already and it's the same sellers buying out all the stock because the sneaker craze isn't as big over there. Also after shipping, most ppl are paying $230-260 for the early release pairs in Asia.

When these hit the US, it will probably be limited to how the USA was. IMO if that is the case, the early pair prices is justifiable because if you miss out on the US release, you'll end up paying the same thing anyways so why not buy close to a month early? Unless your secured a pair come Sept 29th then that is a different story.

They did release in Asia already and it's the same sellers buying out all the stock because the sneaker craze isn't as big over there. Also after shipping, most ppl are paying $230-260 for the early release pairs in Asia.
When these hit the US, it will probably be limited to how the USA was. IMO if that is the case, the early pair prices is justifiable because if you miss out on the US release, you'll end up paying the same thing anyways so why not buy close to a month early? Unless your secured a pair come Sept 29th then that is a different story.

Yeah but people pay around $200 nowadays for USA, the initial date of release people were paying ST prices.

If people are just patient after a few days of release the price usually dips significantly.

where r usa's selling for 200? they still go for 300 250 at the lowest

Sorry guys, I really do apologize for the terrible pic quality. I will post some more tomorrow as I'm beat after the driving back from the giants game. :smh:

The pictures w/flash really make them look more yellow than they do IRL. They are truly GOLD though...in most pics they looked more mustard but I love them. If only I could trade for a size 13. Could only grab a 12 early.

I also threw in the purple laces on one side since I hadn't really seen any on feet w/purple. I decided if you want to rock the purple, which I really like, you should do so without the strap. Looks really sick without it. The red on it clashes way too much with the purple.

Once again, I'm really sorry these didn't turn out better. I'll take some more in daylight tomorrow :smokin

Back
Top Bottom