OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by boogeda

got my shipping confirmation from kb24! never ordered from this site before. anybody here know how long there shipping is?
If you located in Socal you'll probably get them in about 3 days. I ordered a pair of Bruce Lee V's from them back when they released and I got the shoes before I got the shipping confirmation. 

That's def an owl on the rice colorway. You can see the beak clearly. That is by far the best colorway so far. Most likely will be a hoh exclusive like all the other rices.

I just called and they said "we usually send that out... You'll get a shipping confirmation after 11am". They're gonna refund me my 19$ if they don't ship out today.

Rmkstore is always slow to load.

Just when I thought the Del Sol's are gonna be one of my only Kobe purchases for 2011, now the Chaos, Concord, Rice, and Black/Red are on my radar. *sigh*

Guess it's a good thing I saved all my lunch money this holiday 
grin.gif

Did they change their mascot? I thought they were the Rice Raiders. The cw overall looks good, the neon green swoosh throws it off for me though.

The Neo39 site is now sold out except for a sz 8.5. Guess NT blew it up, but has anyone heard that they will ship you a pair? I read the negative things and I passed...

Originally Posted by lewi1913

The Neo39 site is now sold out except for a sz 8.5. Guess NT blew it up, but has anyone heard that they will ship you a pair? I read the negative things and I passed...

No the site is non functioning.  If you put in an order its null and void.  The shoe size availability keeps updated though

Originally Posted by lewi1913

I heard they pretty much just voided all orders they got on the site...Any truth to this?

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by boogeda

got my shipping confirmation from kb24! never ordered from this site before. anybody here know how long there shipping is?
If you located in Socal you'll probably get them in about 3 days. I ordered a pair of Bruce Lee V's from them back when they released and I got the shoes before I got the shipping confirmation. 
I'm located in FL so looks like I will be waiting all week then.

I don't understand why marqueesole never sells anything above a 10. I've never seen a 12 on there. Not that I would pay their crazy prices unless it was a Finals shoe.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

The Rice are on sale at marqueesole.....price is ridiculous though

http://marqueesole.com/php/client/product.php?id=357
Thats actually cheaper than what some people are paying for grinches.

Yeah I guess thats true, crazy to think a kobe is selling for that much.  Just wait, the prices will drop. If you remember the DK release it was just like this on ebay, but I think a lot of this is because of the marketing that ESPN did as well on these
http://www.vmvinc.com/store/goods.php?id=694

Almost a FSR, 200+shipping

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Maybe someone's out to get Tinker.. I don't know but it doesnt make sense. The cynic in me just laughs at some of Avar's designs that are proclaimed to be some of the best. I've mentioned in this thread before that Tinker designed a rebirth air trainer, dubbed the zoom air trainer 1 mid in 2004. It sat more like a low, had dual zoom, shank plates, outriggers, inner sock liners, and a seamless stitched upper. The only thing missing from the kobe VIs compared to the zoom trainers is a velcro strap.

I'm not surprised though, Tinker's shoe flops in 2004 with a price point of only $110. So fresh minds get involved in 2009 and Avar designs Nikes "first rebirth" shoe ignoring the model 5 years prior. This time, no dual zoom, no shank plates, no seamless upper, and now some cool shiny synthetic material. Avar claims the forefoot is better with nothing as it'll be more flexible or "free".... And now in 2010, he's proclaiming the zoom setup in the kobe VI's as ideal... I just don't get it.

Compare a zoom kobe IV to an air trainer 1. Same heel cup location, same toebox location. Outrigger too. The Kobe 1, 4,5, and 6 all have those trainer like inspirations, that i've basically decided to ditch what nike is doing now with trainers, and jump right into these Kobes. Maybe Avar is doing something right? (sarcasm here)

This dude is just getting way too much credit and attention. Take away the scales on this shoe, and it has NOTHING on the upper. No layering or design. It's an AQUA SOCK swim shoe. (i'm still intrigued by the dual zoom and the weight but i'll consider these tinkers)

It doesn't make sense. Tinker is the unpopular kid who gets credit for NOTHING. Avar, he can come in and do something others have done, and boom... instant popularity. I'll end this by saying, Tinker has done more than you think. And others have been so "inspired" by him that their designs almost call on infringement.
I always enjoy the technical side of things. It's too bad that there hasn't been more discussion like this anywhere on NT recently. 
WallyHopp, I swear you're gonna make me buy some Air Trainers one day...

Are green mambas coming out at any more stores this week? I thought I read someone say Sheikh's on Thursday but I can't find the post anymore after how quick the post blew up.

IRT eastbay shipping I called back on Christmas afternoon and I got it taken off because they were honoring the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom