OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I'm probably the only one but....Those chaos are super boring to me, just way too plain like the IV's. I guess the Chaos V's are still the best

Nah you're not the only one who doesn't like the Chaos VIs. I thought the IVs and Vs were both great, but not much going on with the VIs unless they did something crazy with the scales that just doesn't show up on pics.

Nice pics.
Can someone explain the whole connection with Rice High School anyways?
Thanks
(new to the Boards)
L8R

>> what happens when they put them on and compare to other shoes they have? They'll likely just want more Kobe VIs <<

BINGO Wally !

i dont own any hyperdunks but i do own a pair of soldier iv's. these kobe vi's made me forget about those soldiers quickly ( for now ) . the WEIGHT differecnce is wat did it for me between the 2. will still play in the soldiers still, bt there is a new sheriff in town as far as im concerned

halfway through the day today i didnt even realize i had shoes on, no lie

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Nice pics.
Thanks
(new to the Boards)
L8R
Kobe sponsors that high school so they get their own cw

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Nice pics.
Thanks
(new to the Boards)
L8R
Kobe sponsors that high school so they get their own cw

I would also like to know more about this if anyone knows.  Why this high school?  There are literally thousands to choose from.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by 23phorlife

BIG MISTAKE getin the Grinches.........

now every shoe i see and have i compare to them and NONE of them are measuring up

long live THA GRINCH !
That's an interesting concept that I hope Nike can capture with other dual zoom based shoes. It's not just a crazy colorway and upper. It combines that onto a solid foundation proven to work since 1996-97.

I mean you have some new kobe fans buying just the grinches. what happens when they put them on and compare to other shoes they have? They'll likely just want more Kobe VIs but from a technology standpoint, there are really only two other shoes that have dual zoom. soldier IVs and hyperdunks. If they made more appealing low cut basic shoes like these kobes with dual zoom, they'd branch out. I own some shoes that are so good and comfortable and just about perfect, that I dont own anything else. I own a half dozen of that one particular shoe.

I guess Nike is winning out no matter what. People will either buy 1 pair and hope for others as they pass on shoes like the hyperballer or buy 5 pairs of these kobe's and ignore the rest. There may be a reason people have complete hoards of kobes to wear... No other comparable shoes out there.

That's exactly what happened to me. I never owned a pair of Kobes until the Dark Knight V. Once I wore them for the first time, I was hooked. I ended up with 17 pairs of the Vs and a couple of IDs when all was said and done. I'm officially hooked now. I have the Grinches coming in from Eastbay and need to get the del sols. The Kobe line has become my favorite shoe.

wore my del sols to ball in, i have to say i like them. of course it was for about 2 hours so they arent fully broken in. ill give more in depth review.

i like the upper material a lot, no creasing and molds around your foot almost. very light and is it me or are these more low cut than the V's? seemed like it to me today.

i m so ready for the Rice High!!!
gotta wait in line on Tuesday... hmm

the rice high reminds me the da vinci kobe V, i meant color scheme-wise... anyone feel the same?

I don't own 6s yet, but my thoughts are as follows:
Casually- from a looks standpoint(the checked collar on the carpe diems and the pops are the sweetest to me),
4 > 5 > 6.
From a hooping standpoint
5>4, jury still out on 6.
Colorways(so far) I think
5>4>6.

So here is my dillema, DS Carpe Diem 4s for DS Grinches?  Feel free to weigh in, especially if you own both.

Thanks much.

do it... CD 4s > over grinches in the long run... but these grinches will be hard to get later. every Xmas that comes around, expect ppl looking for these Grinchs that's for sure.

if the rice release on tuesday can someone help me out with a pair? i work from 6am-2pm m-f fml =[. thanks.

Originally Posted by never wear them

do it... CD 4s > over grinches in the long run... but these grinches will be hard to get later. every Xmas that comes around, expect ppl looking for these Grinchs that's for sure.

I agree...CD IV over the Grinches but like NWT said, the Grinches will be harder to come by later (and most-likely be very expensive).

Originally Posted by Zyzz

wore my del sols to ball in, i have to say i like them. of course it was for about 2 hours so they arent fully broken in. ill give more in depth review.

i like the upper material a lot, no creasing and molds around your foot almost. very light and is it me or are these more low cut than the V's? seemed like it to me today.

i noticed that as well. i didnt play much in them but i immediately noticed that when i would do cuts, the shoe felt lower cut; but the support was there because i felt the upper mold to my foot.

dis is insane

Anaheim, CA, United States 01/03/2011 6:13 A.M. Out For Delivery
01/03/2011 2:38 A.M. Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 01/03/2011 12:53 A.M. Departure Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 12/31/2010 5:21 P.M. Arrival Scan

how the hell its not here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any1 in so. cal got there's yet around o.c. area?

At least yours are in cali....mine have been in Memphis since the 29th
mad.gif

pass on the rice. just give me the chaos and im done with this shoe =P

green mambas will be delivered by this friday (eastbay).. finally!

planning to break mickey's neck when i pay him a visit the following day
wink.gif

The Grinch VI seem to fit differently then the Del Sols (my grinches are looser on the heel). But all in all Nike is going to make me broke with all of these releases (except the black/red VI's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom