OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the white based ZKVIs that have clear scales will be the only ones that will look good, like the Inlines. Who knows though.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Are these good for hoopin?

At this point I would say yes but more so if you ARE NOT a slasher.

Here was my ealier comparison to the V's. They dont feel identical to the V's but they of course are very similar.

So far the major differences I can tell are:

1. Less vertical clearance in the toe box. It does appear to be wider but I think combined with the material on the upper your toes are definitely restricted. This adds to the overall "lockdown, one with the foot" feel that this shoe has. I can see the casual fan complaining about this though and probably going .5 size up. The material with the VI actually stretches out to contour to your foot. Amazing feeling on the upper.

2. Less padding around the ankle but there appears to be almost a memory foam type material around the heel. The shoe seems to feel better after the first day.

3. The heel counter feels very different from the V. The way it stretches to the middle of the shoe gives you a lockdown feel from the heel all the way to the back of your arch.

4. There is more cushion in the forefoot. These have a softer ride than the V and again; after wearing the VI's all day Saturday and then switching to the V's they felt "flat" in the forefoot.

5. The traction is my only complaint and I'm hoping this is resolved in some way. The traction seems to have gotten worse as the line has progressed from the IV>V> and now the VI. I must add that I never had or have had any traction issues with the V though. 

only problem with the VI's for me is that the midsole is soo thick. wish it was thinner.

I know its been said the Grinch will be limited but how limited, like the 5 rings? Should I go ahead and pull the trigger on a pre order for 60 over retail? any sugguestions?

its starting to sound like the Kobe vi are gonna be a lighter version of the foamposite, its gonna do everything we love about the foams............ comfort, durability, zoom loaded, no creases but dont feel like a boot. I bet after you break the zoom kobe vi in its gonna be great. these are gonna be the first kobes I pick up on release date. I cant wait till they finally release the specs on these

Thanks for the review Mugen EP.
pimp.gif

Maaan when are we going to get the specs of the shoe???! i've been feinin'. I NEED TO KNOW THE TECHNOLOGY!! any ideas?

Originally Posted by al3x89

^

- zoom in the forefoot and heal
- flywire

that's it? i really want to know if the scales have any kind of performance characteristics or something 
nerd.gif

The midsole is a soft phylon type lunar feel. It's amazing. It's a completely differen feel than the 5s.

Cant wait to try em in my actual true sz tho.

Originally Posted by never wear them

The midsole is a soft phylon type lunar feel. It's amazing. It's a completely differen feel than the 5s.

Cant wait to try em in my actual true sz tho.
i've been wondering...
why don't they make a zoom equiped lunar midsole? lunarlion?

how dope would that be with a full length tapered zoom bag? or

a full length double stack zoom bag!
eek.gif

lunar bottoms out.

and sometimes too much cusion can be a "bad thing" imo..

you want the sneakers to be responsive. was never a fan of double stacked zoom. unless it was set up right maybe...

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Kobe has taken an L for every Nike shoe he has debuted, going all the way back to a loss in houston in the 2K4 right before the all-star game.

2K5 - L vs the heat on xmas
Zoom I - L in MIA on xmas
Zoom II - L in MIA on xmas
Zoom III - L in CLE 12/2007
Zoom IV - L in MIA 12/19/08 in venoms
Zoom V - L vs cavs on xmas

the losing streak BETTER end this year, especially after what happened last christmas
mad.gif
The only shoe he debuted where the Lakers won was the Hyperdunk...then again, they weren't technically his.
grin.gif

These have the zoom air bag in the heel (rectangular piece) and a pod in the forefoot, right? Looking across the board here at all of Nike genres, these, and maybe 4 other running shoes are still using the dual zoom air setup. Pretty much everything else "zoom" based like KDIIIs or huarache trainers seem to share a one zoom air lineup..

That's why I stay glued to this thread. As Nike goes further away from Zoom and it becomes more scarce, I guess we have to take a model like this and truly embrace it (even though from the outside looking in, this one seems a bit uninspired. But uninspired now, is todays "creative").

I love looking at kenlu.net's dissection photos. You soon realize how far we've advanced and at the same time, currently atleast, plateaued. Shoes from 1997 have the same setup as todays shoes.

The Christmas VI is nice! These and the Inks will finish off my year. The kids version of the ZK6 is amazing!

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

just making sure

the xmas kobes are releasing 12/26

and are they gr?
yes on the 26th of December but the type of release?no info on that yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom