OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Finally
laugh.gif
Are these the same shoe sizes?  Heads have been saying the Grinches run a tad bigger than Del Sols or the ZKVs, but it can't be that much of a difference.  Can it?
It's the same. The Del Sols are leaning towards the left that gives it the effect that it's shorter
I think he said the Grinches were 11.5 while the Del Sols were size 11, that .5 seems like a huge difference in that picture though...

Anyone have any information on the Chaos? I hope it's not just an international release...that would suck

Kingferic...
pimp.gif

Jordansrmycrack - ppl keep saying the Grinchs fit a tad bigger. I have yet to receive my pair. But my del sols are true to size but I always go half for other reasons.

^ yeah, i was tempted in getting them because 8.5 is my size but my heart's been taken by the 5's and 6's already in terms of everything haha.

i would like to order the grinches from kicks-crew. but before i do, can anyone give me a review if they have ordered their grinches or any other shoes from them? thanks.

^^^Like I stated when asked, the grinch is an 11.5, the Del Sol is an 11, but the size difference between the 2 is more like an 11 to a 12, then a 11-11.5.

Im pretty good at sizing questions after I get them, as I wear them casually, to ball in recreationally and competitively. Id say stick to your normal size of balling shoe in the Del Sols, if youve always rocked a 9 get a 9. If you are getting the grinchs and plan on playing in them do not go a .5 size up at all. I did, thinking the shoe was going to be to narrow to play in as I got my first pair of V's a few days before I got the Del Sols, and they were narrow. I ordered the grinchs without having even tried on the Del Sols yet. Its still just as narrow but now I have a bit to much room in the toebox that I have to do 2 nike elite socks or 2 nba socks when usually id do a thin hanes or something under a Nike elite sock.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

It may be alot of new faces... But in a way, let them be.

Maybe the can contribute in some way or another

Everyone was a new face at one point or another.

And this just proves that Kobe's line is spreading and reaching new people.

The more the merrier, as long as the new people know they roles and respect the vets... We good

As far as the grinch and CD comparison, you really can't compare them or say one is better than the other IMO, one is a laker colorway, the other Is for Xmas and is all green! They are both great shoes,.. I think people are just Better off stating which one they'd rather have than which one is better.
hey i never said there was anything wrong with it... new faces are good but like you said, don't come in here and compare a laker colourway to a christmas shoe, especially when they weren't around for the IV's. both shoes are on their respective levels. 
and those concords on the other page look amazing. still not sure how i feel about the 'off-white' scales though. will have to see them in person

Chaos are nice. I'll prob pass though. Unless they can be bought on discount. I wanna try and stick to 4 pairs of vi.

Chaos's will be my first VI's. My favorite colorway so far. I wonder how nike(red) laces would match the shozoko? It might be a bit too flashy for me. Wish they released this week, I'm going to the Laker/Knick game this Sunday and want something new to wear to the game lol.

As for the CD vs. Grinch talk. I'd rather have CD's and it's not even close. CD IV's are my favorite NIKE Kobe shoe of all time. To each his own though!

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

^^^Like I stated when asked, the grinch is an 11.5, the Del Sol is an 11, but the size difference between the 2 is more like an 11 to a 12, then a 11-11.5.

Im pretty good at sizing questions after I get them, as I wear them casually, to ball in recreationally and competitively. Id say stick to your normal size of balling shoe in the Del Sols, if youve always rocked a 9 get a 9. If you are getting the grinchs and plan on playing in them do not go a .5 size up at all. I did, thinking the shoe was going to be to narrow to play in as I got my first pair of V's a few days before I got the Del Sols, and they were narrow. I ordered the grinchs without having even tried on the Del Sols yet. Its still just as narrow but now I have a bit to much room in the toebox that I have to do 2 nike elite socks or 2 nba socks when usually id do a thin hanes or something under a Nike elite sock.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, that helps .... now I just have to figure out if I need a 9 or a 9.5 in del sols.  The KD IIIs run bigger than my size (very narrow shoe), so would the Kobe VIs be like that or true to size?  I'm a 9 in the KD IIIs so I'd rather have a narrower shoe than extra space in the toe box for casual wear.  Thx again.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

It may be alot of new faces... But in a way, let them be.

Maybe the can contribute in some way or another

Everyone was a new face at one point or another.

And this just proves that Kobe's line is spreading and reaching new people.

The more the merrier, as long as the new people know they roles and respect the vets... We good

As far as the grinch and CD comparison, you really can't compare them or say one is better than the other IMO, one is a laker colorway, the other Is for Xmas and is all green! They are both great shoes,.. I think people are just Better off stating which one they'd rather have than which one is better.
hey i never said there was anything wrong with it... new faces are good but like you said, don't come in here and compare a laker colourway to a christmas shoe, especially when they weren't around for the IV's. both shoes are on their respective levels. 
and those concords on the other page look amazing. still not sure how i feel about the 'off-white' scales though. will have to see them in person
I just want to clarify my position on the CD 4s and these new KB6 Grinches since I posed the question a few pages back.  I simply asked what those who currently own both thought about this trade.  CD4 for Grinch 6.

I have DS CD4s as well as POP 4s, and I wear the POP 4s constantly.  Probably one of my favorite casual everyday shoes.  Unbelievably comfortable when broken in IMO. They are however 11.5, and my CDs are size 11.  I am sure they will be fine when/if I decide to wear them with a thin sock, but I would prefer an 11.5.  Doubt that's happening. 

In any case, since it appears these Grinches run big, and I have the opp. to possibly trade for a grinch size 11, it may make some sense as I already have/wear the POPS.  I love the Kobe line, going all the way back to the huarche 2k4 ASG, kobe 1,2, etc..., but I am not a diehard Laker fan, so perhaps I don't cherish the "colorway" of the CD4 as much as some of you.  I do however appreciate the Kobe 4, and simply from a design and looks standpoint, don't consider the 6 to be vastly superior. Performance wise may be a different story.  I will say this, I own a fair amount of sneakers, running, training, basketball, tennis, etc..., and out of all of them, I would say the Kobe 4 ranks up there with the Air Trainer 1s, and the Jordan 5s for me on my all time favorite list.  I will not take the trade lightly, nor did I mean to "devalue" the Carped Diem 4 or "overhype" the Grinch 6.

Originally Posted by ballerchild

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I was over in the WDYWT thread, and saw these.... 

j60shu.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif

That pic sealed the deal for me.
pimp.gif
Also for me. I know I'm going to see this pic numerous times on all the other sneaker blogs, and then all the hype for this shoe will begin.  
tired.gif

I honest to goodness prefer this colorway over the Grinches but it's a close 1-2 for me.  The way I see it, you gotta have both.

Originally Posted by rleelum25

i would like to order the grinches from kicks-crew. but before i do, can anyone give me a review if they have ordered their grinches or any other shoes from them? thanks.
I got my pair from kicks-crew and I was very pleased with them.  I ordered the day after Christmas and I received them yesterday.  Thats with the New Years holiday in there to lose a day of shipping.  So I got them in about 8 days and there are still people waiting for Nike.com and Eastbay orders.  I paid the extra 7 bucks for 3-5 day shipping.  I e-mailed them like Wednesday and asked for tracking and they wrote me back within a couple hours with the tracking number.

Hey guys, I see that Eastbay has put up a link for the Concords (but only kids sizes so far), so the Men's sizes should be getting put up soon. For anyone who wants to pre-order them.

^I hope the rumor about the Chaos being international only is not true....I really want to get a pair of those.

^^^that avatar.....wooooo!
I still have my huarache 2k5 laser maps and they just sit there doing nothing on the shelf....wore them 3 times (to lakers games) and finito.

....edited after I saw GZA's post.... =) get at me

I wonder if that rumored Kato colorway is just the Black/Red colorway we've seen because those are the colors that Kato wears in the upcoming movie. I hope not cuz I thought the Breds were kinda plain just from the pics I've seen, but who knows

Well, I got what I wanted with the rices when I first asked for this

6956091_7d1c740508.jpg

Call me crazy but now I'm wanting something like a white black camouflage, steaks going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom