Official NLCS St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants Series Thread (4-3 SF) SF Advance to Worl

Tomorrow will be the sendoff for the season.

Amazing comeback against the Reds, but I just don't see how they can runoff three straight against this Cardinals team.

Tomorrow will be the sendoff for the season.

Amazing comeback against the Reds, but I just don't see how they can runoff three straight against this Cardinals team.

Just win tomorrow. Vogelsong and Cain at home. I'll take my chances. It just seems that the white flag has been thrown with Zito tomorrow. If Zito gets the win tomorrow, I'll forgive him for all his garbage play over the years.

I'd like to think that, but he last...what? 2.2 innings against a Reds team, for as good as they are, who is significantly worse than St. Louis in run production. Doesn't look good, and Timmy bailed Zito out that game. With Timmy used up, and basically the entire bullpen, who would we turn to if things go sour for Zito early?

I like Vogelsong and Cain in games 6 and 7, but I have no clue how we even get there with Zito taking the hill tomorrow.

i cant see how zito matches up well with the cards offense. they seem too patient and he will throw way too many pitches early and be done by 4th or 5th inning..

If the Giants lose, tomorrow, it would be fitting. Breaking Zito's 12-game winning-streak.

Oh, and it will probably be Madison Bumgarner out of the bullpen. Nice homerun by fat *** in the 9th. Maybe he can carry that into tomorrow. Zito sucks, but Lance Lynn can be a gascan.

i cant see how zito matches up well with the cards offense. they seem too patient and he will throw way too many pitches early and be done by 4th or 5th inning..

It all depends on his command and the umpire's strike-zone. He didn't pitch that bad last time here. Score some runs early and he'll relax. Remember, 12 in a row!

Last edited:
Is Hector Sanchez really going to play again tomorrow. I guess he has to since Barry Zito is pitching. Horrible. :x

If they tomorrow, then they probably sweep the 2 games at home. All signs point to it. #wishfulthinking

Last edited:
It's nice to see Wainwright redeem his NLDS performance and especially since this season has been a struggle for him. Big win for the Redbirds; I just hope they can finish the series tomorrow because I don't want to go back to San Francisco.

Barry Zito Start lol irony at best. Everyone in this board hated this fool. Which I understand trust me I do but seeing the giants season continuing is on his back just makes me laugh. I believe in Zito. To the people that knows me off this board not once I stopped believing in Zito. Tommorow will be a great game. Hopefully the long ball we saw today can carry us for game 4 and beyond.

It's nice to see Wainwright redeem his NLDS performance and especially since this season has been a struggle for him. Big win for the Redbirds; I just hope they can finish the series tomorrow because I don't want to go back to San Francisco.

True that........DEFINATELY dont want to go back to San Fran. Plus, we could use the extra off days.

With a mostly HOMEGROWN team..........feels soo damn good man!!!!!!

Feels real good to be up 3-1 with game 5 at home. I really like our chances against Zito tomorrow, But like PAC and First Born mentioned above, we definitely don't want to go back to San Francisco. Either way I really like our chances on winning the series . Let's Go Cards.

Last edited:
im not gonna watch tonight. i will have a stroke if i do especially with big z dog on the mound lol

how much more can this board hate zito if he loses? lol

I won't hate him more...cuz i don't think he should be in the position to be the savior. If he comes through, though, I will like him more.

I don't think it's possible to "hate" him more. He pretty much is what he is now. He has no high expectations.

San Francisco Giants‏@SFGiantsFans

In Zito's last 12 games he has gone 7-0 with a 4.04ERA (29ER, 64.2IP), allowing 2 runs-or-fewer in 7 of the 12 outings. #SFGiants #RallyZito

Back
Top Bottom