Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Is it true amazon sometimes sell fake cologne products or lower quality?

It's not Amazon, per se, but the sellers that use Amazon to advertise their products. Whenver you buy something on Amazon, you'll be brought to a page of all the available stock that Amazon is currently listing, and typically there will be anywhere from 1 to 20 sellers for any given product. It's when people don't go with the verified sellers that issues of legitimacy and quality come up.

As long as you go with one of the trusted sellers, you'll be good.

Is it true amazon sometimes sell fake cologne products or lower quality?
I've read reviews that people have gotten lower quality Aventus, not sure if it's just watered down or fake.  I'd really only buy the $100+ colognes at an authorized retailer, anything less is probably safe...

what can you guys compare aventus to? reading the reviews make this cologne sound holy. :lol:

also, any retail spots carry this?

what can you guys compare aventus to? reading the reviews make this cologne sound holy. :lol:

also, any retail spots carry this?
there really isn't anything to compare it to
and I'm not saying that cause I think it's the most amazing thing ever or anything like that
it's just very unique and not something that's ever been done before
as far as store, the only places that would have it are neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc..

Last edited:
Could you possibly post a review of leather, coffee, and malt.
I'm picking up one of these three in the next few weeks.

To be honest I'm not really good with describing fragrances and picking out notes :smh:

A good site I always check out to find quick reviews is http://www.fragrantica.com

I can say they all work well in the fall and winter. I don't own pure leather. I've smelled it briefly in the store and remember thinking it smelled very similar to the original.

My favorite out of all of them is actually the taste of fragrance.

NSJ, what's your thoughts on Back to Black by Kilian??

If anyone is interested, I've been posting my thoughts, reviews and impressions on instagram search: fragrancereviews

Right now, I'm compiling my Top ten scents for the fall.

Last edited:
Eh, never seen it cheaper than that.. It's a good starting point since they fulfill orders of other wholesalers.

I would check out Craigslist too, people put any and other for chep on there.

You're crazy, bro.. I would've been worn that, just think of the Axe commercials that joint is sexy asss juice, you're bound to get your neck licked by some random female.

Two of my fall picks.. It sucks that I've only worn DHI once in about 3 months, that's all about to change once it get colder though.

prwuv.jpg

Last edited:
def go peep the Chanel lines; they are almost all good except for the Allure Homme eau Extreme

I also will say Clinique Happy for Men is the best bang for your buck

Also another good and cheap hidden gem is Victoria's Secret Very Sex for Him

In high school these was my go to weapons :lol:

my mom put me on both

along with Chanel Bleu

there really isn't anything to compare it to
and I'm not saying that cause I think it's the most amazing thing ever or anything like that
it's just very unique and not something that's ever been done before
as far as store, the only places that would have it are neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, etc..

Not even Nordstrom. I checked at the Mall of America and the person at the counter said that they'll be getting it in 3-6 months. This was back in July tho, so things might have changed.

So I find out this dude I know, who is a DJ, is also heavy into fragrances. I hit him up just to shoot the **** and got this back and thought I'd share. Dude even hit me with the "ask for XXXX, tell them you know me" steez.

Curious if any of you are familiar with these....

Now Smell THis is another blog with daily updates covering all the releases.

(I wish you would have hit me up last week - I was in NYC for Elements)

Look for someone who has similar tastes - so you can guage if you might like certain things.

When you are ready to go hardcore into niche - there are three amazing stores in NYC.

In Soho - there is MIN (barber-shop-y men's shop - hot russian girl usually behind the counter - they can guide you or let you sniff on your own) and Osswald (Swedish luxury lines.) There is also Aedes des Venustas (a little stuffy and the guys can have attitudes.) MIN also offers custom samples - for $10 or $15 they will make you samples of 3-4 for you to test at your leisure.

A few things you should definitely smell (some of my favorites)

At Barneys - Ask for XXXX. Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur - XXXX was the Creed guy at Bal Harbour (Miami Beach) Neiman Marcus - so if you tell him Creeds you like - he can sugges similar FM.

At Barneys - Serge Lutens - Cuir Mauresque is my favorite (its a strange rubbery leather) - that whole line is heavy, interesting orientals pretty much - stay away from the bell jars - if you feel incliend to get one - wait for a friend to buy it for you in Paris ($100 cheaper)

At Saks - Killian line - ask for XXXXX

At Saks - Guerlain Spirteuse Double Vanille - boozy vanilla. Guerlain Gourman Coquin - sweetest white chocolate - a guy can wear it - or if your girlfriend/wife puts it on - you will want to eat her alive.

At Saks - Tom Ford Private Blends - go for the originals not the oriental abominations - Tobacco Vanille is linear but amazing powerhouse, Italian Cypress are two of my faves

At Bond - the boutique - not the Saks store - ask to try Harrod Oud Patchouli

At Creed - my favorite manly scent is Bois Du Portugal (refined moneyed gentleman) and Virgin Island Water (tropical island vacation - though you can get a cheaper version at Bath and Body Works)

At MIN - Mona Di Orio is highly respected.

At Aedes - the Commes Des Garcons line is known for woody/incense

At Henry Bendels - Illuminum Black Musk - nuclear in poewr - dark sweet resin (its an analog to the infamous Nasomatto Black Afgano that you will read about on Basenotes)

At Henry Bendels - the Histoires des Parfums line - my faves are 1969 and Tuberose 3

At Bergdoff Goodman - Francis Kurkdjian - Absolue Pour le Soir - is battery accid strength

I don't know if its available anywhere in NYC - but if you come across Puredistance - the M fragrance is one of my favorite manly scents. Its an analog to one of Roja Dove's other scents. You can smell all of the RD scents at Bergdoff Goodman - they are strong

Those are just some suggestions to get you started - you will see that I like my fragrances loud and statement. If you prefer more close to skin - subtle - there are lots of options for those as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom